TN TN - Pandora Duckett, 85, Memphis, 28 January 2019

doodles1211

Reaction score
EY3K25BUWBDXLJWIPWZXOITHUY.jpg

he family of an 85-year-old woman who disappeared three days ago said they’re still holding on to hope.

Pandora Duckett, who has Alzheimer's, was last seen near her Raleigh home on Monday.

Crews have searched for her over the past few days.

After more than 30 hours of searching, the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office suspended the search for Pandora at about 8 p.m. on Tuesday.

However, deputies have not stopped working to locate Pandora.

More than a dozen Shelby County Sheriff's deputies were out Wednesday continuing the search.

They specialize in tracking and grid searching, which means they're going through areas paying close attention to details that may lead them to Pandora Duckett....

Family of missing 85-year-old woman ‘very confident’ she’ll be found

I can't help but wonder how much time elapsed between dropping Pandora at home and this lady going back to check on her. Also, did she immediately call police when she could not find Ms. Duckett?

Snipped from linked article -
"When she came outside, the woman offered to take her home, which she did. She then drove away, but said something didn’t feel right, so she went back to her home and couldn’t find her."

Pandora Duckett, 85, was last seen leaving the 4300 block of Rosswood Monday around 7:30 a.m.

However, it appears that she made a phone call later that morning to her son before going missing. Pandora's son said his mother was still at home at 7:30 a.m. on Monday. He
believes his mother may have disappeared sometime after 8:15 a.m. because she left him a voicemail around that time.

Duckett was also seen trying to buy food at a nearby gas station Monday morning prior to that.

Missing 85-year-old Shelby Co. woman left son a voicemail Monday morning, family says

Woman at center of Pandora Duckett disappearance tells her side

From the news article:

The last person to see a missing 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient is coming forward to help clear her name after receiving backlash, and she says the focus should be on finding Pandora Duckett.

Snip-

"I don't want anyone to make me out as a monster," she said. "I just want to clear my name. I have not harmed, I have not hurt her, all I did was help her to the best of my ability."

Fed up with the accusations, Settles walked us through that Monday morning she spent with Duckett.

Snip-
"She was like, 'Thank you, bless your heart, you have a good heart. God bless you, God bless you."

MOO*
Yes, ma'am, Ms. Settles. God bless you. You did do the right thing. Stand tall and let God handle this.

A Memphis family is trying to raise reward money, hoping it leads to answers about an elderly woman missing for a week now.

The Shelby County Sheriff's office got tip Monday that the 85-year-old missing woman was spotted earlier in the afternoon.

Was it credible? So far it has not panned out, but
the family is not giving up, even trying to raise money for a reward.

"We're getting tips from all over and no tip is a bad tip,” said son Kim Duckett.

1 week later, Memphis family continues search for missing 85-year-old

Does Ms. Duckett have access to any substantial amount of money or assets? Could this be a case of someone befriending her in order to commit some type of fraud, elder financial abuse or identity theft? I'd hope they'd be treating her well, making her happy, etc. so she'll keep dishing out the funds. Anyone new if her life, for example a new friend, insurance salesman, repair person, etc?

Does Ms. Duckett have access to any substantial amount of money or assets? Could this be a case of someone befriending her in order to commit some type of fraud, elder financial abuse or identity theft? I'd hope they'd be treating her well, making her happy, etc. so she'll keep dishing out the funds. Anyone new if her life, for example a new friend, insurance salesman, repair person, etc?
Idk... that post you made has me suspicious. Why would they accuse someone of harming her if there wasn't even a tiny bit to it? I need more info.

The strange disappearance of Pandora Duckett from Tenn. · Missing Persons of AmericaMissing Persons of America | Mobile Version

[Snipped]

Later it was realized that Pandora was at the right street, but the wrong address. Pandora actually lives about five houses down from where she told Settles to stop. Pandora has been missing since and the authorities are asking the public to keep an eye out for Pandora.

BBM

Huh, this is the first I've read of this piece of info. Alright then, keep searching in,that 5-house area. Search inside the homes, under them, garages, sheds, alleyway, etc. Keep looking...she's got to be around there some where.

Ongoing search. My stepmom had Alzheimers, she could not be left alone at all, she'd just leave the house. Dad cared for her full time and at night, there were bolts on the door above where she could reach to keep her from leaving the house. A nurses aid came by each day allowing Dad to get some cooking and housework done and a shower. One time I took her shopping and I turned away for about 5 seconds and she was gone. Fortunately, the clerk recognized her and knew the situation (tiny town) and got her rounded up. I do hope they find her soon. So scary. Volunteers, dogs help search for missing woman

Family hopes tips lead to finding 85-year-old

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - The family of Pandora Duckett, an 85-year-old who went missing more than a week ago, is not losing hope on finding their loved one.

SNIP

They said they’re meeting with Search Dogs South, a Mid-South K-9 search and rescue group.

Shelby County Sheriff's Office believes Pandora Duckett, who has Alzheimers, walked away from her new home on Rosswood Drive last Monday.

SNIP

Police said tips are still coming in and they're investigating them all.

The Duckett family said a lot of the tips are credible, but none have panned out.

Family said before she went missing, Duckett talked about having to go to work at TJMaxx, a place she worked for 10 years until 2017.

#

BBM - This is info. I hadn't read before.
Great news on the dog search.

I do too but no updates.:( This kills me. Ms. Pandora kinda melts my heart so I'm hawking her thread hoping and praying. :)

Come on, Ms. Duckett. Quit visiting around town and get home. It's time to feed the birdies and kitties. They're starving without you. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back