Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but it should have been noted somewhere before complaint or within the 3 month time frame not after
Barron County sheriff: Not enough information to pull over Jake Patterson, search for car
Fitzgerald said Tuesday that the passing car was discussed during the investigation, but they didn't feel they had enough to information to alert the public to it. It was dark, and police were traveling fast, so it was difficult to determine the make, model and other details, he said.

“We didn’t have any specific information about that car," he said.

Barron County sheriff: Not enough information to pull over Jake Patterson, search for car
Fitzgerald said Tuesday that the passing car was discussed during the investigation, but they didn't feel they had enough to information to alert the public to it. It was dark, and police were traveling fast, so it was difficult to determine the make, model and other details, he said.

What, you didn’t have specific information about the car ??

What did u have on challenger or Acura MDX ?? U had info on them??

Wouldn’t O information make u more interested... in a town of 3300 that’s not a lot of people.. and the no of people that own a Ford Taurus can’t be a big no....

Why not find them... ask what there doing up at 1 am ... can we just look at your car and check your history...???

What, you didn’t have specific information about the car ??

What did u have on challenger or Acura MDX ?? U had info on them??

Wouldn’t O information make u more interested... in a town of 3300 that’s not a lot of people.. and the no of people that own a Ford Taurus can’t be a big no....

Why not find them... ask what there doing up at 1 am ... can we just look at your car and check your history...???
The Challenger and the Ford Edge/Acura MDX were identified through video camera footage from businesses and homes.
MOO

Of course they would not pull it over when going to the Closs home.

Let’s see. They had a color, make, some details about the look of the car.

Such little information compared to a red Challenger or Charger or some kind of black SUV. NOT!

The Challenger and the Ford Edge/Acura MDX were identified through video camera footage from businesses and homes.
MOO

The Ford Edge / Acura MDX / challenger were barely recognizable on camera...
Fitzgerald said in interview he went direct to manufacture to confirm what cars were on video based on headlight pattern..paint etc.

With the Taurus, it’s direct visual confirmation from deputy fick, and he has correct color, make, model....

88 days into case your holding tree ceremony, and asking public for just that one tip... make the call, again and again..

Yet Taurus isn’t confirmed as not relevant or located by anyone with Sherrif office or FBI..it’s simply tabled ? Kinda strange to have 0 clue who perp is day 88 and asking for tips still.... without the Taurus cleared..

MOO
I'm thinking those videos of cars they were looking for were West of the Closs home. There were multiple LE vehicles that would of passed JP's car and not one of them mentioned it where it was a vehicle of interest, or it was a ruse to to put the perp at ease? LE probably didn't think the perp drove East. I know I was extremely surprised that JP did not go West.

All the searches were West or North of the crime scene.

88 days into case your holding tree ceremony, and asking public for just that one tip... make the call, again and again..

Yet Taurus isn’t confirmed as not relevant or located by anyone with Sherrif office or FBI..it’s simply tabled ? Kinda strange to have 0 clue who perp is day 88 and asking for tips still.... without the Taurus cleared..
I'm thinking those videos of cars they were looking for were West of the Closs home. There were multiple LE vehicles that would of passed JP's car and not one of them mentioned it where it was a vehicle of interest, or it was a ruse to to put the perp at ease? LE probably didn't think the perp drove East. I know I was extremely surprised that JP did not go West.

All the searches were West or North of the crime scene.
Lou Raguse on Twitter
Circling back to this, authorities withheld that info because it was the best lead they had. They were trying to find a red Taurus owner and didn’t want him to know they had that info and get rid of it.

Lou Raguse on Twitter
Circling back to this, authorities withheld that info because it was the best lead they had. They were trying to find a red Taurus owner and didn’t want him to know they had that info and get rid of it.
No direct quote, however; and flatly contradicted by Fitzgerald when he was asked directly about the car. LE let the public know about the two other vehicles of interest, either of which, for all LE knew, could’ve been connected to the crime. So, it makes no sense that they’d not publicize the info about the Taurus, not knowing if the driver had anything to do with the crime. It sounds like they dropped the ball. It happens. I imagine, though, that Fitzgerald was stung a bit when he learned after the arrest that a rank amateur had outwitted the vast array of LE professionals involved in the investigation. It must’ve also embarrassed him that LE noted the Taurus in some detail but never showed any more interest in it. JMO, of course.

Lou Raguse on Twitter

That’s good info pommy mommy as always,
I guess my question would be were they looking for that car all along....?
In 2000 man search?

Did they search all Taurus in 120 mile radius..??

Hard to fathom if you got 100 FBI agents / drones / access to FBI HQ...you wouldn’t eventually develop a list of Taurus owners??

If that’s like Lou reports ... your best lead.. u would think it would never be tabled and moved up to important find list ??

88 days in it didn’t sound like you had anyone crossing off Taurus owners ??

In 2000 man search?

Hard to fathom if you got 100 FBI agents / drones / access to FBI HQ...you wouldn’t eventually develop a list of Taurus owners??

If that’s like Lou reports ... your best lead.. u would think it would never be tabled and moved up to important find list ??

Do not believe it was on their radar at all, As the other poster said, they had no idea what the situation was with the other two cars. One or both could be killers

Horrible story- glad her life is healing! But really don’t think her captivity is much like Jayme’s situation. Apples & oranges imho.
That was my gut feeling when I read the piece. I agree with you..apples, oranges. JC has a loving and strong family, and her parents loved her so much. She has had a healthy upbringing, and that will probably help her a lot on her..journey.. I hope her family protects her from everyone! Just my opinion.

In 2000 man search?

If I remember correctly, which isn't always the case, the Taurus was registered to his sister. Even if they did look for owners of cars that fit the description, I think they'd be likely to limit it somewhat; there wasn't a specific year known, and there were likely several shades of red over those years (I thought his was actually maroon or something like that.). IMO, one owned by a young woman with no criminal history (as far as I know) would not be real high on their list of probabilities. I really don't understand why so many people are so anxious to find a way to hold LE responsible in some way. MOO

I was trying to think of somewhat comparable vehicle sightings / searches in other abductions, but I can't think of any exactly the same. In the YingYing Zhang abduction, there was CCT footage of her entering a vehicle, and that was shared with the public with the request for help in locating it. Meanwhile, LE searched the registrations of vehicles (within Illinois, I think) that matched the make, model, color and approximate year. Luckily, Christensen was dumb enough to abduct (by deceit) on camera using a somewhat rare car with a distinguishing feature (cracked wheel cover) which allowed it to be located very quickly. While not the same abduction scenario as Jayme's, LE did not "keep the vehicle info secret because it was their best lead and they worried the perp would get rid of the car." Older model red Taurus sedans may be more common than black Astras, but IMO, searching for it, when there wasn't much else to go on, would have been worthwhile.

"Police have released CCTV video showing the student getting into the car at the campus, about 150 miles (240km) from Chicago, at 14:04 local time.
The vehicle "appeared to driven by a white male, and circled the area prior to making contact with Zhang", the FBI said in a kidnapping bulletin. On Tuesday, FBI investigators announced they have located the vehicle after receiving "numerous leads" from the public."
FBI searches for abducted Chinese student

If I remember correctly, which isn't always the case, the Taurus was registered to his sister. Even if they did look for owners of cars that fit the description, I think they'd be likely to limit it somewhat; there wasn't a specific year known, and there were likely several shades of red over those years (I thought his was actually maroon or something like that.). IMO, one owned by a young woman with no criminal history (as far as I know) would not be real high on their list of probabilities. I really don't understand why so many people are so anxious to find a way to hold LE responsible in some way. MOO

Because if they did find such a car then could it be in the realms of possibility that someone in a family or a friend could borrow such a car? Or would LE decide that simce the car was registered to a female, no way could anyone else use such a car?

It was OK to ask for info about unknown year and make and models of Challenger or Charger or black SUV but no way to ask about a red Taurus?

Let us say that LE did a check of addresses where a red or burgundy Taurus existed, would it come up that a sex offender had lived there?

It’s 1 am Monday morning in a small
Town... you pass 1 car on way to brutal double homicide... it’s state law for front plate which this car doesn’t have...

Nobody is holding LE responsible... it was already too late for 2
Homicide victims...

But after you read the info from deputy fink, it’s stunning to not want to talk to
That driver ASAP.. even if they weren’t killer.. there’s good chance they passed car of relevance..

If you put out apb for red Taurus and can’t find car.. I would think there’s reason car owner didn’t call in...only car you passed half mile from crime scene with no plate.. ??
Jayme rescued herself.... deputy fink had your best lead.... it’s murky at best what happened in 88 days regarding the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cdawn