Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they have specifically mentioned going door to door on Haworth Street? Could this indicate that the police know this is the direction Libby headed? Have they also searched her own street and Heathcote Street - which is closer to her house so would seemingly make more sense? I don’t believe that the lady who reported hearing the scream mentioned having her house searched?

I keep seeing photos of police searching no29 on her street. I'm assuming it wasn't just no29 searched as I reader earlier in this thread that people were voluntarily allowing police to search their properties but keep seeing the same house focused on (aside from Libby's home). It also seems strange police were so quick to be searching other people's homes

Shock as police search for Libby, 21, missing after getting in taxi

This earlier article says that she stays in The Courtyard. I’m surprised it hasn’t been removed or updated considering we now know that not to be the case.

I am wondering though if it’s a mistake and she lived there in first year. From my own experience and that of my friends, it was the norm to go into Halls in first year to settle in and get to know people. Then from 2nd year onwards find an HMO with friends.

Interesting comment in the article about her being quiet and in her room a lot. I wonder if she is an outsider amongst her university peers? If so, could lead to an emotional state if she was bundled into a taxi home with no company and then possibly couldn’t get in the house. Plus the alcohol.

Just speculation on my part.

It’s possible she moved in September then to Wellesley Avenue. I think this could be important if she’s relatively new to that area.

@MancGuy Uk I can see (from the like notifications) that you're working your way through the thread this evening - good to see you, and you too @sar2them1984 and all the other familiar faces who I've not seen around for ages!!

Thank you I heard this missing case mentioned the other day but only today have I looked into it more looking at this thread got a lot to catch up on have they released any CCTV?

The ‘scream’ sounds interesting because if I heard what sounded like a scream I would go out and look out the window or even go outside to investigate even if it was just drunken students messing about

Thank you I heard this missing case mentioned the other day but only today have I looked into it more looking at this thread got a lot to catch up on have they released any CCTV?

No, no footage has been released at all

Hmm someone remind me when she was reported missing. I thought it was 11.30am the following day but sky news are reporting early hours of the Friday?!?!

Redirect Notice

Police released first photo and description at 11:30 on Friday, but it may be that her housemates reported her missing before that when they realised she hadn't made it home safely. The police were on it pretty pronto and this thread started Saturday morning.

It’s possible she moved in September then to Wellesley Avenue. I think this could be important if she’s relatively new to that area.

I thought her roommate said they had lived there two years...?

Police may be asking door to door for any video or to look out windows of any houses where people say they saw her.

So far I am not getting “foul play” mainly because other cases have shown how far (and how far off track) people have walked when intoxicated. Jmo

Is Libby a 2nd year student or 3rd year? She's just turned 21 so if she went to uni straight from school she would be in her 3rd year, but perhaps she had a year out.

EDIT: [friend from her course] said Libby is in her second year at the University of Hull, studying a joint honours degree of Philosophy and Religion.

Last edited:
Up to this point I hadn't read the article mentioning The Courtyard and Block F. But I have information to clear this confusion up.

"Friday, Feburary 1: 2.30pm
Police officers search The Courtyard in Inglemire Lane after reports of Libby being seen there the night before. They were seen knocking on doors."

I'm guessing this was the pre-drinks party she was at.

It's also possible they said Libby "lived" there because they either got confused and thought she did because she'd been at the party there OR she previously lived there before moving to Wellesley. She and Amelia Cummins (girl who put Libby in taxi) have lived together for 2 years, but it does not state in this article whether they have lived in Wellesley for two years.

Friends of missing Libby Squire want people to help search for her

Now I know about The Courtyard thing I'm beginning to believe that there's every possibility she tried to walk back there. I'm going to go look at Google Maps and see how far it is and what, if any, potentially dangerous places (ponds etc) could be along any of the routes she may have taken.

Police may be asking door to door for any video or to look out windows of any houses where people say they saw her.

So far I am not getting “foul play” mainly because other cases have shown how far (and how far off track) people have walked when intoxicated. Jmo

Lived with her for two years. Not unusual for people from halls that you get on with to then move in to an HMO together.

Here is the article where it says lived with.

An earlier article mentioned the courtyard so it could just be a mistake in the early reporting of the case

No, no footage has been released at all

Police released first photo and description at 11:30 on Friday, but it may be that her housemates reported her missing before that when they realised she hadn't made it home safely. The police were on it pretty pronto and this thread started Saturday morning.

Thanks Cags. Homeless people + severe weather = lots of extra work for sar2them so I've not had the opportunity to look into this in as much detail I usually would.

Which reminds me... Completely random but I remember very early in this thread there being talk of the area being popular with rough sleepers (can't remember how it came up in the. Topic) however pretty much nationwide for the past nearly 3 weeks SWEP (severe weather emergency protocol) has been in place due to the cold weather meaning local authorities had a duty to temporarily place rough sleepers in temp accommodation such as B&Bs until SWEP ended so I doubt there would be many left on the street that night

Up to this point I hadn't read the article mentioning The Courtyard and Block F. But I have information to clear this confusion up.

"Friday, Feburary 1: 2.30pm
Police officers search The Courtyard in Inglemire Lane after reports of Libby being seen there the night before. They were seen knocking on doors."

I'm guessing this was the pre-drinks party she was at.

It's also possible they said Libby "lived" there because they either got confused and thought she did because she'd been at the party there OR she previously lived there before moving to Wellesley. She and Amelia Cummins (girl who put Libby in taxi) have lived together for 2 years, but it does not state in this article whether they have lived in Wellesley for two years.

Forgive me but I can’t remember the friend’s name - boy who was interviewed wearing the Blue jacket. But his comment about Libby saying something about it being “good to be all back together”. This is swaying me to think they all lived in halls together previously.

Last edited:
Courtyard isn’t even that far so I’m not sure about the being confused in a new area theory. Although, alcohol does the strangest things.
Agreed.
Screenshot_20190205-211243.png
Even the longest route from her house is supposedly a 19 minute walk. From a quick scan of surroundings it seems as though if she made her way back that way, there is nowhere that immediately jumps out as a place she may have accidentally ended up. A lot of playing fields etc but not much else. Although the Courtyard Return theory WOULD back up why the police have been searching Haworth Street as this is one of the potential routes she may have taken to get back to Courtyard.

Forgive me but I can’t remember the friend’s name - boy who was interviewed wearing the Blue jack. But his comment about Libby saying something about it being “good to be all back together”. This is swaying me to think they all lived in halls together previously.

The Shrugger aka Ryan. Yes I think there's a good chance they met in halls and now all live in student houses. Pretty sure he said he was a 2nd year too.

My 2p of speculation...

I haven't a clue.

Too many variables and without any actual CCTV footage to judge her body language during the last moments she was seen and her potential interactions with others.

Perhaps the CCTV footage will follow shortly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member