Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that the first one wasn't her.
You mean you think the scream near her house wasn't Libby, or the park screams? Hard to understand exactly what you mean as you could mean the "first" screams with regards to the times or the order they're mentioned in the post you quoted. Sorry if I'm being annoying, just like things to be absolutely clear lol.

You is all sooo funny!! Anyway, I said this last night but I am going to bed and not posting until tomorrow. Mods - any chance you can put me on an 8 hour time out? :cool:

Thanks for your input Cagney. I always keep an eye out for your posts. Here's hoping for a resolution tomorrow and perhaps a good one against all odds.

If you're talking about the drain, then it's more of a stream and there's a bridge with a road going across it.
Bridge.png

You mean you think the scream near her house wasn't Libby, or the park screams? Hard to understand exactly what you mean as you could mean the "first" screams with regards to the times or the order they're mentioned in the post you quoted. Sorry if I'm being annoying, just like things to be absolutely clear lol.
I meant the one reported to be at 12.30. I feel that the multiple screams reported to be at 12.15 may well have been her. I totally guessing though. Don't listen to what I say.

"
23:19
Recap on the seventh day of searching for Libby
  • Shortly before 8am - Humberside Police confirmed they had arrested a 24-year-old man in connection with Libby’s disappearance. He was arrested on suspicion of abduction at a house in Raglan Street and remains in custody."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hu.../live-libby-squire-latest-missing-2496041.amp

Looks like suspect is still in custody unless media hadn't been updated he'd been released by 23:19...

The Sun have churned out a new article in the last few mins. It contains no new info but names and has a pic of the arrested man's wife as well as pics of Libby that aren't those that were authorised for use, if you follow my drift. So I'm not linking to it. I'm annoyed I clicked it.

[not sure if this allowed? From The Sun. have edited names]

Colleague Tadeusz Skibicki, 39, said: “When I heard the news it was a big shock.

“P.... is a quiet, normal person. He has never been violent.”

R... has worked at Karro Food Group’s headquarters in Malton, North Yorks, for around five years, according to the pal.

J.... also works there — although she has been on maternity leave after giving birth to their second child in October.

A fellow worker said: “There are several butchery departments there and each one has 150 butchers.

“The carcass gets cut into legs, middle and shoulders and they go to separate areas to be taken apart to produce bacon or ham or whatever you might buy in a supermarket.”

Butcher quizzed by cops over disappearance of student Libby Squire

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, 80+ pages of posts are a little difficult to sift through.

In the timeline published in the Hull Daily Mail it says Libby got into a taxi near The Welly at around 11am and arrived at Wellesey Avenue at 11:29pm. The distance between the two places is approx 1.3 miles with an expected journey time of 4 minutes.

Why did it take the taxi so long to travel such a short distance (virtually a straight line)?

I don't know. Has this been discussed yet?

Colleague Tadeusz Skibicki, 39, said: “When I heard the news it was a big shock.

“Pawel is a quiet, normal person. He has never been violent.”

Relowicz has worked at Karro Food Group’s headquarters in Malton, North Yorks, for around five years, according to the pal.

Jagoda, also works there — although she has been on maternity leave after giving birth to their second child in October.

A fellow worker said: “There are several butchery departments there and each one has 150 butchers.

“The carcass gets cut into legs, middle and shoulders and they go to separate areas to be taken apart to produce bacon or ham or whatever you might buy in a supermarket.”

Butcher quizzed by cops over disappearance of student Libby Squire
Think it's disgusting they've either asked about the butchering process or allowed it to be printed as though it's relevant to Libby disappearing. Imagine if her family read that article

If you're talking about the drain, then it's more of a stream and there's a bridge with a road going across it.

Yes the small drainage creek. I realize there is a bridge that a car can cross but I was trying to think of a scenario where lets say he picked her up at the bench and headed towards her home and he wanted to go inside with her and she wouldnt let him so he may have attacked her there near her front door of her home but she manages to run and takes off on foot and heads across the creek on foot behind her house as she is being chased.

I guess the problem I am having is after he picked her up at the bench I cannot see where she would have wanted to cross over that bridge in his car without starting to fight in the car because her home and the bench are all on the same side of the creek. Im kind of thinking she ran across the creek and he chased her over there on foot.

Please note:

We have two women reporting screams that night, in two different locations.

We have a grey, bearded man who saw Libby sitting on the bench at 11.45pm, offering help. He has spoken to police and was "very helpful". He is not the man in custody who also claims he offered to help Libby.

Is there a link to the other woman hearing screams? This is new news to me

Yes the small drainage creek. I realize there is a bridge that a car can cross but I was trying to think of a scenario where lets say he picked her up at the bench and headed towards her home and he wanted to go inside with her and she wouldnt let him so he may have attacked her there near her front door of her home but she manages to run and takes off on foot and heads across the creek on foot behind her house as she is being chased.

I guess the problem I am having is after he picked her up at the bench I cannot see where she would have wanted to cross over that bridge in his car without starting to fight in the car because her home and the bench are all on the same side of the creek. Im kind of thinking she ran across the creek and he chased her over there on foot.

From what I understand, she had left the bench and was approached by this guy while she was on "the side of the road" crying.
Not to say your scenario is not possible....

From what I understand, she had left the bench and was approached by this guy while she was on "the side of the road" crying.
Not to say your scenario is not possible....

Yeah, I think I saw that too that maybe she had already left the bench area and that changes everything then.

Its so hard because we really dont have exact information on some things.

Thanks for trying to help. This case is so sad.

Hello, this is my first post. I've followed the previous thread from start to finish. What strikes me is that I don't think she would have felt afraid of the guy who has been arrested. He seems nice looking and from what his hairdresser said he would probably have a friendly way with him. He is her age group, pretty much. She would have been freezing cold, probably needing to pee and maybe just wanting her bed at this point. All cried out, bless her. So I think she may well have accepted a lift. At this point, maybe he puts her address on his sat nav (which may suggest she was disorientated too - wouldn't you just direct...turn left here etc). I find the sat nav odd. Was this an excuse to take a long way round? Or was his intention genuine at this point? In which case, when (if he is guilty ofc) did it turn bad and how?

If suspect is really guilty and the screams heard at the park are to be believed and really were Libby, I would assume she was driven to the park and then dragged out of the car. If suspect intended to sexually assault her I would also assume he would have the sense not to do it in the car, he either unlocked the car and she got out and ran but he caught her or he dragged her out, both could explain screaming in park. If suspect is to be believed that she made a pass at him and his social media genuinely reflects his true personality and is not a facade (he repeatedly posts about how his family is the most important thing in the world to him and how all he needs is his wife and kids), it may be possible he actually never intended to sexually assault her at all but instead was so upset she made advances towards him after he told her he was married, he drove her to the park and pushed her into the river to make it look like an accident, possibly assuming since she was wasted, people would believe she just fell in, but he wasn't intending on her screaming? Or his social media is all just a huge manipulative facade and he did actually sexually hurt her before disposing of her. OR maybe it wasn't him at all! We just don't know yet. Everything above is just my opinions.

Yesterday, I was searching for news updates and found the link below. Please scroll down to 06.02.2019 @ 5:01pm. It as been on my mind all day why they were searching in this area a good way from where the main search has been. Did anyone else know they had been searching there?
Just over four hours later they made the arrest, it may have no relation whatsoever of course. But it made me curious.

Libby Squire disappearance - BBC News

Last edited:
Hello, this is my first post. I've followed the previous thread from start to finish. What strikes me is that I don't think she would have felt afraid of the guy who has been arrested. He seems nice looking and from what his hairdresser said he would probably have a friendly way with him. He is her age group, pretty much. She would have been freezing cold, probably needing to pee and maybe just wanting her bed at this point. All cried out, bless her. So I think she may well have accepted a lift. At this point, maybe he puts her address on his sat nav (which may suggest she was disorientated too - wouldn't you just direct...turn left here etc). I find the sat nav odd. Was this an excuse to take a long way round? Or was his intention genuine at this point? In which case, when (if he is guilty ofc) did it turn bad and how?

Welcome to Websleuths HKP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member