Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #6 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your grasp of proper English is coming on beautifully :p

On the map below you can see the square, ahem, parking lot, and that little section of Oak Road which has a path leading from it. There is a gate but I've no idea if it's locked. It's not a very high gate so if someone wanted to get over it they could.

Google Maps
There's also the small lane to the right of the carpark that I mentioned earlier (I've given up trying to add the link as I can't do it sorry) It runs behind Claremont St and gives access to their garages - there's a pedestrian gate access there near to the bench at the playpark that he could've pulled up pretty much right next to and dragged her through.
Gardens searched as police enter final hours to quiz man over Libby

General consensus I am reading (happy to be corrected if wrong!) seems to be that it can’t be the same car because the alloys and or rims are different and people even mentioning different car models/ number of doors altogether, saying they work in the car industry so they know for sure. Also, police haven’t confirmed that it is either P or his car and the Libby in car/ Sat Nav story originated from his sister...so I’m finding the whole car discussion murky! Would love someone to clear it up and definitely describe make of car in :

Howarth Street CCTV of smoking man

Newland Street CCTV where police car passes shortly beforehand

P’s car removed from house

The general consensus re the Newland Avenue footage is that it's hard to determine if it was the same make of car, let alone if it was the same as the car on Haworth.

No consensus that Haworth and PR car are different though. There might be the odd person questioning it but it definitely hasn't been ruled out by us and in fact the wheels are just the same. I'd say the general consensus is that it IS the same vehicle.

Yes, I understand. I guess he could have stopped at 12.01, talked, then headed for car? I just find it odd that the Police have stated that they know Libby was on the bench till a certain time, which suggests they can see the bench from CCTV. They haven’t said that she was in Haworth tho have they? Haven’t asked for the cyclist to come forward, which makes me presume they know who that is already.
well whoever this guy is who thew her in the car.? aint saying were he put her.sorry dropped her and who was in with it, and helped him get rid of the evidence, whoever this guy is if he carnt answer those questions then hes guilty as sin.

Can we put to bed the silver Astra thing.

Vauxhall sell approx 3,000 Astras a year according to this website: Search results for 'vauxhall / astra' - How Many Left?

Over 21% of all cars sold in the UK are silver, higher % in the past according to this website: Britain’s most popular car colour is silver, says RAC

The fifth generation Astra was sold from 2004 to 2010 (7 years)

So we have approx 21,000 cars sold, 21% of which are silver = approx 4,400 5th generation silver Astras on the road in the UK.

The urban area of Hull has a population of approx 573,000 people. The UK population is approx 66.2 Million. This gives us a figure of approx 0.87% of the population living in this area.

If we assume these cars are evenly distributed across the entire UK population (they are not but lets go with it) this means there are approx 38 of these cars in this area.

This figure is wrong as Vauxhall cars are far more popular in the North of England but it serves to show as a minimum there are 38 silver Astras like the car shown in the CCTV in this area.

It's not a stretch to expect more than one of them to show up on CCTV in the same evening.

Yes, I understand. I guess he could have stopped at 12.01, talked, then headed for car? I just find it odd that the Police have stated that they know Libby was on the bench till a certain time, which suggests they can see the bench from CCTV. They haven’t said that she was in Haworth tho have they? Haven’t asked for the cyclist to come forward, which makes me presume they know who that is already.
My understanding from way way back was that they said they knew that she had left the bench by 12:09 which IMO sounded like CCTV from a bus or similar showed the bench minus Libby at 12:09.

The general consensus re the Newland Avenue footage is that it's hard to determine if it was the same make of car, let alone if it was the same as the car on Haworth.

No consensus that Haworth and PR car are different though. There might be the odd person questioning it but it definitely hasn't been ruled out by us and in fact the wheels are just the same. I'd say the general consensus is that it IS the same vehicle.
well if her d.n.a is in the car its more than likely to be the same car,

I personally don't believe she ran away from someone and then fell in some water. I am more minded to believe that if she did manage to run away she was caught, being in a drunken state, and harm done to her. She may then have been thrown in some water or removed from the area.

Sadly, I don't think her body is going to be found - at least in the short term. And I think the investigation is running out of leads. Without further witnesses or a confession the trail seems to have gone cold. This may be as far as we get for the foreseeable.

I hope I'm wrong. God bless her and her poor family.

JMO

I drive a cab in Hull.

I can tell you that the unlicensed drivers are almost exclusively parked near to places of high drunken footfall. Not parked off in some odd side street.

If they are not parked up then they have usually already dropped off and are making their way along one of the main city roads back towards a place where there is a high chance of touting another fare.

Have you got any kind of insight into this illegal taxi culture around you? What would the majority of nationalities be of these people doing this? I know there's a large Polish population around Hull, just like where I live too. Nothing against them at all and have a couple as good friends too. I'd guess and correct me if I'm wrong that most of them wouldn't be UK nationals.

21:48
The main events that happened on the 13th day of searching for Libby
Fears are growing for the safety of Libby, who has not been seen since 12.09am on February 1, but officers are working around the clock to find her and have urged the public to come forward with any information that they may have about her disappearance.

Here are the main events that happened on the thirteenth day of searching for Libby:

Police divers re-enter pond at Oak Road Playing Fields
Officers continue searching the woodland area at Oak Road Playing Fields
Libby’s parents released an emotional new statement for their daughter, describing her as “much loved with a big heart”.
New pictures of Libby were also released by her parents
An emotional vigil was held in Libby’s hometown of High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, with tearful traders and friends of her family also revealing their heartbreak and how the village has been left in shock almost two weeks after she vanished.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/new...itter_impression=true#live-event-entry-530618

I personally don't believe she ran away from someone and then fell in some water. I am more minded to believe that if she did manage to run away she was caught, being in a drunken state, and harm done to her. She may then have been thrown in some water or removed from the area.

Sadly, I don't think her body is going to be found - at least in the short term. And I think the investigation is running out of leads. Without further witnesses or a confession the trail seems to have gone cold. This may be as far as we get for the foreseeable.

I hope I'm wrong. God bless her and her poor family.

JMO
if someone helped the guy to get rid of evidence,then its going to be hard to prove.

well if her d.n.a is in the car its more than likely to be the same car,

Yes. And if he has admitted giving her a lift in his car her DNA would be in the passenger seat. As he hasn't been charged with abduction or murder I think we can safely guess that 1) her DNA is only in the passenger seat, as expected, not in the backseats or boot. 2) cadaver dogs have determined there is no 'death scent' in the car.

Have you got any kind of insight into this illegal taxi culture around you? What would the majority of nationalities be of these people doing this? I know there's a large Polish population around Hull, just like where I live too. Nothing against them at all and have a couple as good friends too. I'd guess and correct me if I'm wrong that most of them wouldn't be UK nationals.
its frightening a taxi driver charged with three assaults today.a uber car i think. check it out.

My understanding from way way back was that they said they knew that she had left the bench by 12:09 which IMO sounded like CCTV from a bus or similar showed the bench minus Libby at 12:09.

...or that they know full well she left at 12:09 because they know it's her getting in the car, and they know this because PR confirmed it.

When ITV released the article the made reference to the cyclist possibly being a witness to come forward but I don't recall seeing any official requests for a cyclist from the Police I could've missed that though so please correct me if I'm wrong. I do wonder why too, not just the cyclist but the other car...surely they're prime witnesses. Unless there is another angle of that 'scene' from another camera that the police definitively know that Libby got in that car with PR or whomever the driver was. And I think that is likely the case but we don't actually know that for certain.

Yes. And if he has admitted giving her a lift in his car her DNA would be in the passenger seat. As he hasn't been charged with abduction or murder I think we can safely guess that 1) her DNA is only in the passenger seat, as expected, not in the backseats or boot. 2) cadaver dogs have determined there is no 'death scent' in the car.
whoever took her in that car could of taken her to any property.think thats the case here,why take her to a freezing fild in the park.?

I'm probably just going to lurk on here for a while unless there are any major updates or breaks in the case. I do enjoy reading everyone's theories and opinions etc but I feel it's got to the point where there aren't enough facts and too much speculation and we all just seem to be going over the same things over and over again. It feels a bit like there's just 6 threads of people talking about police searching the same places, whether LS is in the river and whether PR's towed car is the one in any of the CCTV. I'll still be here and probably post links to any new articles with new info that pop up but other than that I just feel there's not really anything else for me to discuss that's not already been talked about a dozen times. I just hope LS is found soon.

Whoever asked if you could cycle to Raglan Street and drive back to Haworth Street in 20 minutes, yes, easily, especially at night with light traffic. It’s a very flat area and it’s straight down Cottingham Road so you’d be home in five minutes, well a young fit lad on a bike could be no problem.

While on the subject of maps I can't for the life of me recall who spotted these other ponds a few thousand posts ago.

Click link and look at the 2 ponds at the bottom of the screen then switch into satellite view - they're practically hidden and much closer to the road/house than the big pond is.

Google Maps

Anyone know if these have been searched? I'd like to think the police know about them!!!

How strange! I thought you meant the blue bits on satellite view at first that are the skatepark and paddling pool...but it's like 2 ponds or something are in amongst the trees when you switch views isn't it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993