Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y
Which is upstream of the park.

Is the river Hull tidal? Could someone end up upstream of where they fell in?
Yes it’s tidal, quite high and then low. It does actually flow reasonably fast and is usually brown water. I fish it a lot and kayak it in the summer. Further down near what is known as Old Town there have been reports of a young man falling in a few years ago and they have not found his body sadly.

That's awfully near Oak Road playing fields isn't it.

I'm not good with tides and flows and things so not sure how likely it is.

Hope there is news soon for her family.

If PR was involved I can't imagine he has pulled this off by himself. Someone will talk or slip up, eventually. Just means longer to wait for the family.

I think anyone could have “pulled off” hiding a body with so much lead time...he had several days before being arrested as well as that night/morning when he could have slipped out of camera range. And bodies do not take up very much space. Countless times bodies have been found in areas previously searches. No genius required at all. Jmo

I think anyone could have “pulled off” hiding a body with so much lead time...he had several days before being arrested as well as that night/morning when he could have slipped out of camera range. And bodies do not take up very much space. Countless times bodies have been found in areas previously searches. No genius required at all. Jmo
Agreed.

I’ve read lots of times on here that PR isn’t capable of getting away with this, seemingly based on the fact he’s been charged with a couple of strange crimes already.

I’m not sure that’s particularly relevant. It’s also worth remembering that ‘clever’ people often do stupid things, and ‘stupid’ people often do surprisingly clever things, whether by luck or design.

Absolutely. No genius - just an ability to think on your feet and a dose of luck. There are cases where murderers are not prosecuted until decades later. They're usually not evil geniuses, but run-of-the-mill perverts or sociopaths who just happened to get lucky.

So sad that the search seems to have come to a halt, at least in the public eye anyway. The lack of media coverage means that the general public will quickly begin to forget about Libby being missing. I can't imagine how devastating it must be for the family to still not know where their daughter is after nearly three weeks. Absolutely heartbreaking and quite frankly it makes me angry that this can still happen. People can't just disappear, Libby is out there somewhere and someone must know where she is. So so sad.

Y

Yes it’s tidal, quite high and then low. It does actually flow reasonably fast and is usually brown water. I fish it a lot and kayak it in the summer. Further down near what is known as Old Town there have been reports of a young man falling in a few years ago and they have not found his body sadly.

Yes SM, still no sign of the guy sadly.

The other case from town I recall was Stuart Gilson who it was thought had entered the River at Drypool Bridge.Man's estuary death 'accidental'

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190218-173324_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190218-173324_Samsung Internet.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 12
Did anyone join the private Facebook group , still under 600 members ? Are open Find X usually a good idea ?

So sad that the search seems to have come to a halt, at least in the public eye anyway. The lack of media coverage means that the general public will quickly begin to forget about Libby being missing. I can't imagine how devastating it must be for the family to still not know where their daughter is after nearly three weeks. Absolutely heartbreaking and quite frankly it makes me angry that this can still happen. People can't just disappear, Libby is out there somewhere and someone must know where she is. So so sad.
Well the person who knows where she is, or at least where she went, is very probably in custody. He knows that without further proof, the police will struggle to charge him with Libby's disappearance. So he's not going to say anything.

and, from the same source if I may! -

"The upshot is that men with sex disorders don't focus on one, and only one, activity. If you find an exhibitionist, chances are about 50-50 the guy has molested children. Half of the men who reported fetishes had also molested little girls. A quarter of them raped women. A conclusion of the study:

"Some professionals have considered exhibitionists, voyeurs and fetishists as being rather benign, nuisance paraphiliacs. These results, however, suggest that some (but not all) of the benign paraphilias may actually lead to very aggressive behaviors and should not be viewed as reliably benign."

that's why I believe police are taking PR as a suspect so seriously. The chances of him being close to Libby and having that psychology .....

Interesting! Are all these write-ups subjective to the writer then? (Two were the opposite of this)

I wish we could a video of PR being questioned about Libby being missing. I can spot a liar easily. I still however, IMO, don't think he was involved in her final disappearance.

Where was the house party she was at earlier in the night ? Friend put her in taxi and gave driver the home address, he dropped Libby there as instructed but she decided she wanted to party and tries to make her way back to the house party which might still have been on ? Might explain why no apparant attempt was made to go into her house ?
Good point

If she was abducted, is there a possibility that this could have been done over water rather than over land?

From what I can see, Libby’s house has both an outer porch door aswell as an interior entrance door. Many’s a time when I lived in a house with a similar set up, I would go out without the porch key by accident or discover I had the porch key but not the inner one and could only get half in! In my mind, Libby was heading home. If she had wanted to go to a party, it would have made more sense for her to ask the taxi driver to take her somewhere else once she was in the car, rather than walk/ bus on a freezing night. The part I don’t get, is why, from reports, it sounds like she exited the taxi and then made the decision she needed to be elsewhere but DIDN’T ask him to take her to that place. We know that Libby had just been refused entry to a bar and that they were in two groups, one of which talks about going to the ATM first. She had also just paid for a short taxi ride and I think it’s ok to assume she is likely to have had money on her. So, whether she lost her key or not, the likely scenario is that Libby had money and access to a ride, but chose to walk off into the icy night instead. Why? Senseless drunken behaviour? Planning to go somewhere within walking distance or unwilling to re-enter taxi? Then within 15 minutes, reports are that she was crying/ distressed at bench. I do wonder if something happened in that taxi, and I don’t mean anything sinister, but just something that caused her to become emotional enough that she neither wanted to enter her own house or get back into the car. The taxi driver is the last person to see Libby before anything out of the ordinary happened that night (that we know of) and I wish we knew his take on her state of mind.

Good point - i've taken evasive action from my own house and pretended I live elsewhere until someone suspcious was away from me.

This is the case with missing Liam Colgan who went into the Elbe on 10 Feb 2018 on a stag do

He was found upriver on 23 April 2018.

The Elbe is a tidal river with very strong currents.

So many rumours abounded about Liam but sadly the most obvious was correct. He was drunk and either fell or jumped in the river.

We waited many weeks until she gave him up

That's another case that broke my heart.

That's why I mentioned McCann.

According to the Daily Mail, with a holiday resort crawling with burglars, gypsies, eastern european baby smugglers, childless women who look like Victoria Beckham and pedos all staking out the apartment in suspicious getup its amazing one didn't drive straight back to the airport!

LOL

But yeah - probably a far simpler explanation.

ETA - i don't care about the case - just the absurd daily mail style theories
You don't care about the case? That seems kind of callous, or am I misinterpreting you?

Illegal taxis tend to pick up fares on the street, I’m not sure you’d be able to pre-book one to pick you up at home
The talk of taxis has unearthed a further thought from me.
I recently went off to a distant wedding and got the details and number of a taxi firm from the hotel that I was heading for.I did not pre-book a taxi, but when I arrived at the relevant railway station, a (signwritten) taxi of that firm was waiting, I couldn't get a phone signal to phone them so I approached the driver who was waiting for his own customer, and asked him to contact them for me, he said he would phone his brother for me, then told me the colour of his brother's car and where it would park (further back). The car was not signwritten, and I only realised later that his 'brother' was not working for the same firm, and the legitimate taxi driver had likely put me in contact with an illegal one. I then figured that to have one member working legally, would be a great scam for a group of illegal operatives to get business, because they would also see plenty of drunken people in need of a ride. I had no problem using the taxi in question because of the time of day and all other circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus