Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this area near Liberty, KY?
I'm not real good at linking info.(below WS thread)

KY - Hayley Brown, 17, Liberty, Casey County, 10 Feb 2019

Hayley Brown, 17, of Liberty, is white, 5′6″, 165 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.

An alert from KSP said he was last seen on Murphy Wolford Road in Liberty on Feb. 10 around 3 p.m. Liberty is in Casey County, just east of Taylor, Marion and Adair Counties.
This area is nowhere near where SS is from or Garrard County. Taylor/Marion County are near Campbellsville and Columbia; further west and accessible via the BlueGrass Parkway and the Cumberland Parkway (US 80) although that route is not far off the beaten path from US 27 or I75 for that matter.

This area is nowhere near where SS is from or Garrard County. Taylor/Marion County are near Campbellsville and Columbia; further west and accessible via the BlueGrass Parkway and the Cumberland Parkway (US 80) although that route is not far off the beaten path from US 27 or I75 for that matter.

And it doesn't seem like this one has anything to do with the other.

Lexington bars generally stay open later. The Thursday they went out was the last Thursday during Xmas break before classes started back that following wk at UK. when I was college aged, I had a lot of friends at both EKU and UK. If we came down from Louisville to visit, we almost always went to Lexington.
If you don’t mind me asking, what timeframe are you talking? I am referring to mid 80’s through 92 ish. Also, FWIW; mtnlites response has me thinking that it’s different now especially with people becoming acquainted via Facebook, Instagram and dating sights whereas back in the day, we would just encounter random strangers in the bars or at parties. A vast difference IMO. Scary times for everyone in comparison ugh Even scarier now with the addition of the opioid epidemic and the fact that mere exposure to some of these drugs will kill someone.

Also, back in my day; for whatever reason Thursday nights were big in Richmond. Interesting that these ladies headed to Lexington on a Thursday night but maybe not important...

If you don’t mind me asking, what timeframe are you talking? I am referring to mid 80’s through 92 ish. Also, FWIW; mtnlites response has me thinking that it’s different now especially with people becoming acquainted via Facebook, Instagram and dating sights whereas back in the day, we would just encounter random strangers in the bars or at parties. A vast difference IMO. Scary times for everyone in comparison ugh Even scarier now with the addition of the opiod epidemic and the fact that mere exposure to some of these drugs will kill someone.

It’s been about 10 years, so not that long ago. Richmond’s scene may have even been better back then than what it is now. We just really liked Lexington and being near campus. Idk how to explain it- it was just more fun for us at that age. If we really wanted to stay out late, every one would just come to Louisville bc every thing stays open until 4am. We would go out on Thursday nights bc none of us had classes on Friday’s and the area would be crawling with with college kids.

It would help if we knew Savannah's usual nightlife preference. If she generally preferred Lex over Rich then her going up there that night would be normal for her.

You're basically looking at 3 types of bars now in Rich: the "hipster" type place that draws a lot of musicians and artist types, the kind of bluecollar bars that people often just visit to drink and hang out in, and the ones that are known for their live music. I see the bulk of college-aged kids at Smokin Joes, Players, and the Paddy Wagon.

Most college towns have a decent scene on Thursday nights bc most classes are mon-thurs.

And this is where Rich is now lacking. Thurs USED to be our big night because people went home on the weekends. You could barely drive through downtown between 8-1am. That changed when they tore down Buddha Belly, Taylors, and J Sutters. Now our biggest night is Saturday.

One is still able to easily barhop on foot in Lex. Hard to do that in Rich now. Everything is spread out. That could also explain her trip to Lex.

I still say Indian Falls area should be searched<modsnipped>. Are there any locals able to weigh in on if that area is still frequented please? Back in the day it was the go to spot and certainly something a local would be aware of too. Daniel Boone Forest is spread all over the state and a drive from there. Look for a closer and easier disposal spot. Ugh that was painful to type...
@mtnlites, is Richmond still a place where the under 21 crowd can access bars or has that changed? I know back in my time it was the cool thing to do but wondering why the girls came to Lexington looking for fun if Richmond still allows a party crowd. TIA!

I think that area should be searched, and between those locks at Old Camp Nelson, and I'd search around High Bridge. Idk if you can still get to them but there's caves in certain parts along the Ky River too (with all the rain they may be submerged now).

Hayley Brown, 17, of Liberty, is white, 5′6″, 165 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.

An alert from KSP said he was last seen on Murphy Wolford Road in Liberty on Feb. 10 around 3 p.m. Liberty is in Casey County, just east of Taylor, Marion and Adair Counties.

About an hour or so, SW, from Lancaster (GC).

Also, back in my day; for whatever reason Thursday nights were big in Richmond. Interesting that these ladies headed to Lexington on a Thursday night but maybe not important...

Personally, I think that it was to meet the other friend, and be able to stay out later, since Lex stays open til 2:30 a.m. Not all bars, but a lot. Richmond would have closed up soon seeing as they left at 10. One other thought, that crossed my mind, is that she may not have wanted to take a chance of a LEO dropping in behind her, in MC, w/a recent dui.

FWIW, I didn't normally hang in the college bars, but Thur. nights were the big nights where I went too. Still are, for some!

The rock quarry is just outside town, about .5 mile. There used to be a way to get into it, but, last time I was by there, they had gates around it and had let it grow up. If you follow that road, 39, aka/ Buckeye Rd., you will also end up in the Ky. River. No one was hardly ever allowed near that old quarry. It's very, very, deep.
Can you see that quarry from the road [39]? I think I can see on Google. Wonder if that water is clear....
It looks like you have to go past somebody's house and barn to get to it.

Last edited:
Two items that make it into quarries are stolen cars and bodies....people think they're deep-and most of them are. That quarry in Lancaster off 39 looks interesting. Just separated from the road by a guardrail. You can see the limestone edge on the oppose side of the highway. Check that quarry for her.....I hope she didn't "fall" into it.......

And this is where Rich is now lacking. Thurs USED to be our big night because people went home on the weekends. You could barely drive through downtown between 8-1am. That changed when they tore down Buddha Belly, Taylors, and J Sutters. Now our biggest night is Saturday.

One is still able to easily barhop on foot in Lex. Hard to do that in Rich now. Everything is spread out. That could also explain her trip to Lex.

I agree. I think being able to still walk bar to bar in Lex makes a big difference too. Every thing is kind of concentrated together and it's fairly close to campus and housing. It's similar to how Louisville's downtown or highland's area is. If I went out in Louisville, it was to those two areas because I could go to a bunch of different places and stay out all night.
I know SS and her friend drove to Lex, and SS lived in Richmond, but has it ever been stated whether the friend lived in Richmond during that time too? There's an article or an interview floating around about how SS had moved back in with her mom about a year ago and she previously lived in Lex, it's possible she just wanted to go back for a visit bc she missed the area. I know she worked out there for a little bit so she probably still has ties out there, They could've also just wanted to go hang out with their friend from Lexington that they met up with that night.

@evelezrn I've been looking at her. Oddly enough, SS's twin's, fr. is in her "Friend" list. Probably means very little, but I see some other things that stand out, but are separate from this case, or they could be related, or they're just parts of the six degrees of separation idea at work, that I'm seeing.

Can you see that quarry from the road [39]? I think I can see on Google. Wonder if that water is clear....
It looks like you have to go past somebody's house and barn to get to it.

No, not really. Used to, yes. However, for those of us who know it's there, possibly doable to get to, but Idk. I kinda doubt it, but it was a fleeting thought when I put the map together. As long as I can remember, that old quarry was absolutely forbidden. It goes straight down, hardly any way to get out (so I was warned). It was the one forbidden place that I actually stayed away from. ;) Terrified me just to pass it.

I am very confident that LE has identified and spoken with everyone who saw her that night. The friend she went out with would've been the first person they'd have interviewed.

Thank-you, thats great :) Although I do question the friends reliability given she is currently in Prison? interesting reading people's thoughts and opinions.

LE has asked that the media not release the locations, after they showed the one site. They didn't give a location of the televised search, I don't think, but it was very easy for most to determine where it was. I'm sure that neighbors know, and I've seen names/initials tossed around on SM, but, until LE releases their names, it's just hearsay.

The names of two males and search area has been leaked on social media as has the female friend she argued with. There has been some disgusting trolling on her social media accounts :(

The names of two males and search area has been leaked on social media as has the female friend she argued with. There has been some disgusting trolling on her social media accounts :(

It's sad. I figure they must not feel powerful, in "real life", so they feel powerful by being cruel to families who are in pain, all while hiding behind a screen. People who feel good about themselves don't normally demean others, especially when they are at their most vulnerable.

Her friend didn't do anything wrong. She doesn't deserve to be trolled. You can look out for your friends when you are out, but you can't put yourself in danger. And a lot of times you can't force some to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa