CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing this over....

I’m still trying to wrap my mind around why she HAD to dispose of KB’s gun, if they wanted it to look like a suicide why not drug KB, take her out to a field, shoot her and leave her gun there? They destroyed her body, all PF had to do was leave her gun at the condo to go along with the story that he returned it to her. Could have left her spare house keys there too. His story that he told CB was that he returned both to KB. I am scratching my head as to why KB’s gun HAD to be disposed of by KK....unless perhaps she had fired it? Her prints were on it?
ITA. I think that's the problem with trying to stage a scene. They did not come up with a believable solution to her disappearing. If she committed suicide, her body needed to be found in an appropriate scene, but they knew forensics would catch them. There were a few unstaged clues pointing toward a possible suicide but many more that did not.

ITA. I think that's the problem with trying to stage a scene. They did not come up with a believable solution to her disappearing. If she committed suicide, her body needed to be found in an appropriate scene, but they knew forensics would catch them. There were a few unstaged clues pointing toward a possible suicide but many more that did not.
The car! I think if the car were missing and if PF planted a story that he returned the gun to her (mentioned that before she went missing to a few people), then, perhaps, it would be eventually assumed she harmed herself.

Keeping the car at home was a fatal flaw in the plan, imo.

But I'm grateful the planned was flawed!

jmo

I believe the affidavit cited Sean F as making 2 trips to SF home on Thanksgiving— and saw PF on the later. MOO
Um, I don't know how I managed this, but I completely missed this little gem. The brother went to his mother's twice during Thanksgiving? Do I have that right?

If so, I wonder if there were any pings from his phone near Kelsey's?

@gitana1 : Ma F pleaded The Fifth when called to testify. In your opinion is it because she didn't want to testify about the time her son PF arrived for TG, or because Ma F was aware that there was a body being burned and that it was KB's remains?

AFAIK there isn't a parent-child evidentiary privilege, is there?

Doesn't Ma F pleading The Fifth mean that she didn't want to incriminate herself?

moo

It means she doesn't want to incriminate herself. And no, there's no such privilege.

She's just one more terrible personnin this whole saga who knew what was happening and did nothing.

What we want to know, revised with answers:

When exactly does LE think the murder of KB occurred? Nov. 22 afternoon
What evidence did LE find at the Fs ranchette? Burn pile, accelerant, possibly remnants of burned black tote.
What evidence did LE find at KB’s townhome? KB’s blood in numerous places
What evidence did LE find in PF’s truck? Unclear/unknown
Where and with whom did PF dine on Thanksgiving day? At the ranchette with his mother and brother
When did KK arrive in CO? Nov. 24
Where and with whom did KK dine on Thanksgiving day? Her family in ID
How long was KK in CO? When did she arrive? When did she leave? Unclear
Did KK send the texts? Yes
What motivated PF to murder KB? Unclear
What indications does LE have that KB’s remains might be in the landfill? Unclear/unknown
Where is Kelsey? Burned, remains put in dumpster or river
What was her manner of death?
Beaten to death with a baseball bat
Where was the baby when KB was murdered? In another room in KB’s condo
What did it say in the fake text sent from KBs phone to PFs phone? “Do you even love me?”
How did PF get KB out of her duplex after the murder? There is only one entrance/exit. We assume he took her out in the black tote; cadaver dog hit on the back of KB's green truck.
Have other witnesses come forward with evidence? Yes
Did KK see KB's body at any time while in CO? She only saw the box and a “lump” when it was burning.
What evidence led LE to conclude that KB is dead? KK’s account; blood evidence in KB's condo.
What evidence (if any) was recovered at the Waste Management Facility? Unclear/unknown
What are PF's known movements on Nov. 22nd and Nov. 23rd? Will post details later
How did KK travel to and from CO? Car
If via POV, to whom does the POV belong? Her co-worker MG
What exactly is the nature of the relationship between PF/KK?
Why did KK say she thought PF May have murdered before ?
Where was baby K when alleged murder took place? Back room in KB's condo.
Where did KK stay while in Colorado? Unclear/unknown
Were cadaver dogs used to sniff out all of the vehicles (PF, Ma, KK, even KB's)? We know that cadaver dogs were used at KB's condo.
Which vehicle was used to move her body? Unclear, presume PF's truck.

Last edited:
I wonder what the motive was for PF. It doesn't seem like a Rhoden case where he and/or his mother would do anything to get custody of the baby. And they weren't married, so he could walk away from her unscathed, I would think. Was it a child support issue? Was he paying child support? If not, would the custody papers, if filed, caused him to have to start paying? I wonder who initiated the unfiled papers.

I think the reason that PF didn’t move KB car was simply bc kk couldn’t come for two days and he didn’t have a way to dump KB’s car and get a ride back. I think that’s why that mistake was made....just simple logistics imo

Commander Adams says Frazee was seen going toward Berreth’s town home. A neighbor’s home surveillance has pictures of Frazee at Berreth's door. That was around 1:34 p.m. the day she went missing. Neighbor’s surveillance caught Frazee at Berreth's home again at 3:36 p.m. that same day.

Phone records from Nov. 22 show both phones located in Berreth’s apartment at 12:30 p.m. Both phones were traveling together later that day. Later that evening phone towers showed both phones together again.

UPDATE: Patrick Frazee facing new charges after preliminary hearing

Adams says Frazee’s brother, Shawn, told police he saw Patrick on Thanksgiving. Says he got to the house around 2:30. He had his daughter with him.

I think the reason that PF didn’t move KB car was simply bc kk couldn’t come for two days and he didn’t have a way to dump KB’s car and get a ride back. I think that’s why that mistake was made....just simple logistics imo
I agree, except they could've moved the car when KK arrived in CO. Nobody knew KB was missing yet. They had time, which is unusual in cases.

Just my opinion, of course.

What we want to know, revised with answers:

When exactly does LE think the murder of KB occurred? Nov. 22 afternoon
What evidence did LE find at the Fs ranchette? Burn pile, accelerant, possibly remnants of burned black tote.
What evidence did LE find at KB’s townhome? KB’s blood in numerous places
What evidence did LE find in PF’s truck? Unclear/unknown
Where and with whom did PF dine on Thanksgiving day? His mother and brother
When did KK arrive in CO? Nov. 24
Where and with whom did KK dine on Thanksgiving day? Her family in ID
How long was KK in CO? When did she arrive? When did she leave? Unclear
Did KK send the texts? Yes
What motivated PF to murder KB? Unclear
What indications does LE have that KB’s remains might be in the landfill? Unclear/unknown
Where is Kelsey? Burned, remains put in dumpster or river
What was her manner of death?
Beaten to death with a baseball bat
Where was the baby when KB was murdered? In another room in KB’s condo
What did it say in the fake text sent from KBs phone to PFs phone? “Do you even love me?”
How did PF get KB out of her duplex after the murder? There is only one entrance/exit. We assume he took her out in the black tote; cadaver dog hit on the back of KB's green truck.
Have other witnesses come forward with evidence? Yes
Did KK see KB's body at any time while in CO? She only saw the box and a “lump” when it was burning.
What evidence led LE to conclude that KB is dead? KK’s account; blood evidence in KB's condo.
What evidence (if any) was recovered at the Waste Management Facility? Unclear/unknown
What are PF's known movements on Nov. 22nd and Nov. 23rd? Will post details later
How did KK travel to and from CO? Car
If via POV, to whom does the POV belong? Her co-worker MG
What exactly is the nature of the relationship between PF/KK?
Why did KK say she thought PF May have murdered before ?
Where was baby K when alleged murder took place? Back room in KB's condo.
Where did KK stay while in Colorado? Unclear/unknown
Were cadaver dogs used to sniff out all of the vehicles (PF, Ma, KK, even KB's)? We know that cadaver dogs were used at KB's condo.
Which vehicle was used to move her body? Unclear, presume PF's truck.
Thank you! Wow, we have learned a lot.
MOO

Did PF call MommaF and tell her the deed was done?
He did make 2 calls around 3:30 ish on Tgiving Day.
Did KK tell LE that he told her also when he said she had a
mess to clean up?
Is this conspiracy after the fact?
There's a compelling reason MaF won't testify. What did she
do to assist?

I believe he did. Just a hunch.

I agree, except they could've moved the car when KK arrived in CO. Nobody knew KB was missing yet. They had time, which is unusual in cases.

Just my opinion, of course.
Yah they could have, but I don’t think pf wanted to go back there after the crime. In fact I think kk probably sent pf pictures of her cleaning job. I don’t think he ever returned there. But that’s just my opinion

Thank you!
Maybe the defendent who showed up at her house is Patrick himself.

It had to have been. Because although he lived with her he was gone most of the day and the DA was trying to establish a timeline for him of when he killed KB. The time he arrived at the house for thanksgiving was important.

I wonder what the motive was for PF. It doesn't seem like a Rhoden case where he and/or his mother would do anything to get custody of the baby. And they weren't married, so he could walk away from her unscathed, I would think. Was it a child support issue? Was he paying child support? If not, would the custody papers, if filed, caused him to have to start paying? I wonder who initiated the unfiled papers.
I am very interested in these unfiled papers. I hope we learn more about them soon. Motive I think will play an important role in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member