OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool Cats,

This was posted on WS recently and showed it was from FW's case:

Frederica Carol Wagner

IDENTIFICATION OF DISCOVERY PROVIDED

Pursuant to Criminal Rule 16(B), discovery includes:

One (1) CD containing the following:

Inventory for Search Warrant of the Flying W 5/13/17 (7 pp)

Photographs of two tactical/bullet proof vests recovered from Search Warrant of the Flying W 5/13/2017 (items 27 and 28) (3 photos)

Amazon Records for Fredericka Wagner/Flying W 1/1/14 through 5/1/16 (352 entries)

Amazon Records for Fredericka Wagner/Flying W 5/1/16 through 10/31/18 (856 entries)

TOTAL: One (1) CD
--------------------------------------------------------
VIP word: "includes"

I remember this. Thankx for posting this for me. Thankx for copying it, as I can't find it anymore but it had been discussed on here. So really appreciate it, I wanted to see it again! :D

Last edited:
IMO, since there is alot of discussion going on about BW's alleged education level being 7th grade, is this fact or speculation? TY

IMO, since there is alot of discussion going on about BW's alleged education level being 7th grade, is this fact or speculation? TY

The Columbus attorney said he will enter a not guilty plea for Billy Wagner when he faces a judge on December 4.

Collins said investigators have labeled his client the mastermind of the murder plot but said Wagner has a seventh-grade education and no serious criminal history.

here is link:
Defense attorney pushes to move Rhoden family murder trial

ETA: Every time I paste in the URL for the link then post it, the actual web address disappears and the title of the article pops in blue in it's place. This link will take you to the article.

I've been thinking about the possible purposes of the Amazon account from 2014 to 2018.
We have been assuming they were using the Amazon account(s) for purchasing.
Might they have been selling items using Amazon?
Didn't Billy and AW get caught selling stolen items at flea markets?
JMO

I've been thinking about the possible purposes of the Amazon account from 2014 to 2018.
JMO
This is from the article @IType just linked. Has interesting detailed information about the Wagner's past Charges but no mention of Flea Markets. However, it is very possible that they sold stolen items at Flea Markets. Also gives details about their BANKRUPTCY filing.
Years before, in 2001, Wagner was the subject of a Pike County Sheriff's Office investigation after various power tools, dirt bikes and other items went missing from Eastern High School and from lumber, electric and hardwood stores.

Deputies obtained a search warrant for the mobile home where Billy Wagner lived, in the 800 block of Bethel Hill Road, about 20 miles from the school.

They found power tools and other items identified as stolen in a shed and a red horse trailer parked on the property, according to court records.

During the execution of the search warrant, Wagner claimed he'd simply purchased the tools from two individuals. He asked if he could pay "some fine," a deputy wrote.

Billy Wagner was told he had until the following day to turn over the stolen property. The next morning, he surrendered dozens of stolen items to the sheriff's office, according to records.
In all, the sheriff's office recovered two dirt bikes and various power tools: saws, paint, drills and a generator.

Wagner was indicted in November 2001 on three felony counts of receiving stolen property, accused of accepting the items knowing they were stolen.

He pleaded down to two misdemeanor counts and was sentenced to 180 days in jail on each count. The dropped count stemmed from one of the dirt bikes.

He also received three years probation, which he was discharged from about two years early.

The same year he was indicted, Billy Wagner filed for bankruptcy. His wife is also named in the filing made in federal court in the Southern District of Ohio.

Their assets were listed at about $2,500, and their liabilities at about $10,000, including almost $2,500 owed to Sears for clothing, $500 in medical bills and $325 in unpaid utility bills.

Their only monthly income listed was $530 in Social Security payments and $389 in food stamps.

Years later, in 2009, Billy and Angela Wagner were charged with felony tampering with evidence, but those charges were later dismissed.

Less is known about the case, in which the pair was ordered to have no contact with Rocky Mountain Boot Company.

A criminal complaint alleged they altered, destroyed, concealed or removed evidence in an investigation.

Public records give few additional details, and Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk, who is handling the charges in the Rhoden massacre, said by email he couldn't recall the tampering case details.

Junk moved in 2009 to dismiss the charges against both Wagners "due to the case not being presented to grand jury awaiting results from BCI&I," according to the records.

"Could be any number of reasons for it not being presented," Junk wrote regarding the tampering case. "There may not have been a completed case from the investigating agency, or there wasn't enough evidence even to take it to grand jury, or a possible victim didn't want to pursue."

Last edited:
JMO
That is a possibility but I think they were probably just purchasing. I wonder if the Rhodens and Wagners were in a business relationship regarding stolen goods. Remember the trailer that Bobby Jo said was full of flea sale items? I wonder if the Wagners stole and the Rhodens sold for them when the Wagners no longer felt safe selling themselves.

I think of both families as two peas in a pod. Supposedly they were the best of friends until they weren't according to the article that quoted someone in a barber shop. Both families actively engaged in criminal activities, and the only difference I see between the families is that until the murders only the Rhodens engaged in violent activities that we have been made aware.

The Columbus attorney said he will enter a not guilty plea for Billy Wagner when he faces a judge on December 4.

Collins said investigators have labeled his client the mastermind of the murder plot but said Wagner has a seventh-grade education and no serious criminal history.

here is link:
Defense attorney pushes to move Rhoden family murder trial

ETA: Every time I paste in the URL for the link then post it, the actual web address disappears and the title of the article pops in blue in it's place. This link will take you to the article.

Thank you so much!!

This is from the article @IType just linked. Has interesting detailed information about the Wagner's past Charges but no mention of Flea Markets. However, it is very possible that they sold stolen items at Flea Markets.
Years before, in 2001, Wagner was the subject of a Pike County Sheriff's Office investigation after various power tools, dirt bikes and other items went missing from Eastern High School and from lumber, electric and hardwood stores.

Deputies obtained a search warrant for the mobile home where Billy Wagner lived, in the 800 block of Bethel Hill Road, about 20 miles from the school.

They found power tools and other items identified as stolen in a shed and a red horse trailer parked on the property, according to court records.

During the execution of the search warrant, Wagner claimed he'd simply purchased the tools from two individuals. He asked if he could pay "some fine," a deputy wrote.

Billy Wagner was told he had until the following day to turn over the stolen property. The next morning, he surrendered dozens of stolen items to the sheriff's office, according to records.
In all, the sheriff's office recovered two dirt bikes and various power tools: saws, paint, drills and a generator.

Wagner was indicted in November 2001 on three felony counts of receiving stolen property, accused of accepting the items knowing they were stolen.

He pleaded down to two misdemeanor counts and was sentenced to 180 days in jail on each count. The dropped count stemmed from one of the dirt bikes.

He also received three years probation, which he was discharged from about two years early.

The same year he was indicted, Billy Wagner filed for bankruptcy. His wife is also named in the filing made in federal court in the Southern District of Ohio.

Their assets were listed at about $2,500, and their liabilities at about $10,000, including almost $2,500 owed to Sears for clothing, $500 in medical bills and $325 in unpaid utility bills.

Their only monthly income listed was $530 in Social Security payments and $389 in food stamps.

Years later, in 2009, Billy and Angela Wagner were charged with felony tampering with evidence, but those charges were later dismissed.

Less is known about the case, in which the pair was ordered to have no contact with Rocky Mountain Boot Company.

A criminal complaint alleged they altered, destroyed, concealed or removed evidence in an investigation.

Public records give few additional details, and Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk, who is handling the charges in the Rhoden massacre, said by email he couldn't recall the tampering case details.

Junk moved in 2009 to dismiss the charges against both Wagners "due to the case not being presented to grand jury awaiting results from BCI&I," according to the records.

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation worked the Rhoden massacre.

"Could be any number of reasons for it not being presented," Junk wrote regarding the tampering case. "There may not have been a completed case from the investigating agency, or there wasn't enough evidence even to take it to grand jury, or a possible victim didn't want to pursue."
I thought it had to do with stealing boots (maybe from AW's employer?) and selling them at a flea market. I surprised myself and was able to easily find a link to an earlier W/S post!
OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#41
post # 968.
MOO

Last edited:
This is from the article @IType just linked. Has interesting detailed information about the Wagner's past Charges but no mention of Flea Markets. However, it is very possible that they sold stolen items at Flea Markets. Also gives details about their BANKRUPTCY filing.

Thank you for posting this in detail! I had read but forgotten so much! IMO, Junk is a joke...he very well remembers details of these cases NOW. Let's pray AC keeps him under her thumb!

ADMIN NOTE:

The number of off topic posts in this thread is unacceptable.

This thread is about the Rhoden family murders. Do not make the thread about yourself and do not discuss other members. If there is a concern about a post, use the Report feature to let WS staff know about it and do not discuss it on the board.

Please do not bring social media hoopla and drama from other boards/sites into discussion at Websleuths. It can only serve to bring WS down to the same level ... which we are not.

Do not respond to posts that are obviously off topic. It only makes the job of cleaning up the thread so much harder. We appreciate when you Report TOS violations quickly so we can catch things before they get out of hand.

WS staff do not and cannot sit in each and every WS thread to read what is going on in real time. So, posts like "mods please delete if not allowed" are usually NOT seen by a Mod unless someone Reports them. If you think something might not be allowed, please ASK first so WS staff don't have to clean up all the mess that follows if it is not allowed.

As always, your co-operation is appreciated.

<modsnip: off topic>

Later in March a lot will be happening with the Case. Also the Motion Hearings are expected to get longer.
Here's where all the Court information is:
https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/eservices/home.page.2
And FW's attorney asked in Court for a SPEEDY TRIAL so we don't have to wait years.

Last edited by a moderator:

TY Cool Cats. Last sentence is really interesting. Does anyone know who the owner of Rocky Mountain Boot Company was back in 2009? JMO

That is a possibility but I think they were probably just purchasing. I wonder if the Rhodens and Wagners were in a business relationship regarding stolen goods. Remember the trailer that Bobby Jo said was full of flea sale items? I wonder if the Wagners stole and the Rhodens sold for them when the Wagners no longer felt safe selling themselves.

I think of both families as two peas in a pod. Supposedly they were the best of friends until they weren't according to the article that quoted someone in a barber shop. Both families actively engaged in criminal activities, and the only difference I see between the families is that until the murders only the Rhodens engaged in violent activities that we have been made aware.

The Value Distribution Center trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member