CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #44 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She played her hand right, and apparently found herself an excellent attorney.

Unfortunately, her hand was far stronger than the one the DA was holding.

The prosecution simply didn’t have enough leverage at that point.

It sucks, but bringing down PF was priority number 1.
I guess that is why I am disgusted; there should not be a system in place where such a dangerous criminal would have stronger hand than the DA. Call me crazy, but I prefer a judicial system to be just. And letting someone like her walk is not seeing justice served. (I am thankful that it resulted in getting baby K as far away from the F family as quickly as possible. ) MOO.

I cannot understand why she isn’t afraid of one of PF’s buddies or family members taking her out before trial. Of course I am sure the DA has her testimony recorded.
I’m not worried about that.

It’s not like he’s got a whole posse willing to go to prison for him.

If they felt she was in any danger, she would be protected.

CL seems to be the only person in Idaho that ISN'T trying to get on ABC network morning news. He's made it clear he is divorced and has moved on; and has nothing to contribute to the case details. I think his privacy is earned. IMO
He made it clear he is divorced and moved on?? How so. His actions speak louder than his words. For crying out loud, still share a house and driving her Dec 4 to town because she needed a new cellphone? Just because KK says she told him she lost it doesn’t make it true that that was the shared knowledge. Believe what you must, but I have some reservations about him.

Or lying low under the radar? I have some doubts he was oblivious.
I don’t know, I’d still feel pretty bad accusing the ex of knowing anything. I would assume that she lied, lied and lied some more to him. I’m going to need to see evidence before I drag him on here! And I believe it’s against tos to do so.

Last edited:
Well it’s no secret to anyone that she committed crimes more serious than tampering with evidence.

The prosecution knows this, but charged her with far less than they could have.

She was an accessory after the fact at a bare minimum.

They needed the information she had, and will need her testimony going forward.

That’s the only reason she’s not looking at decades behind bars.

And that is such a bitter pill to swallow, I know. But sadly, I do not feel they would gotten as far as they have, as quickly as they have, without her information.

There seems to be a lot of tension on here about who is more evil, sexism, who is more to blame. In my opinion this is fruitless . They’re both evil.

But I feel the reason that some are blaming her more, she’s a woman, she should be more sensitive, she is a mother she should know better Has a basis and feelings….

I personally feel that stems from the fact that she knew this was wrong, and evil, and heartless. I am not saying PF did not know that, he simply DIDN’T CARE.

KK knew, she backed out multiple times Because she knew and CARED …but she did it anyway. For me that’s the difference.

From the TIMELINE, above
  • KK brought gloves, a hair net, two trash bags, bleach, a white body suit (to keep things off her person) and booties (shoe covers). She brought those supplies from home, Slater says, because she recently moved into a new home and had them from painting her home. She said the hospital had the suit.
I thought she was living in the family home with her ex and the children.
When did she move into a new home? What precipitated the move?

upload_2019-2-24_21-47-36.png
Nothing mentioned about a "new" home - as of the date CL was interviewed tey were still living under the same roof

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it was disclosed as unknown male DNA with her family and PF ruled out as the source.
I haven't seen a source that LE ruled out the DNA belonging to a family member. The last thing I read was that it was still unknown. Is it in the affidavit or in an article? I asked about this before but may have missed a post.

But he ex has been the only one who said that. The record showed case closed in 2016. I just think it’s worth questioning.

It's another headscratcher; the Idaho court records clearly read that the final Judgement and Decree occurred on June 27, 2016.

I'll update the timeline with the following information:

June 27, 2016
  • Idaho court records - KK/CL final Judgement and Decree occurred on June 27, 2016

Summer of 2018
  • Arrest Affidavit - KK and CL divorced (married for 8 years and still share a home in Idaho together raising their 2 children) - (Idaho court records - KK/CL final Judgement and Decree occurred on June 27, 2016)

I believe LE would have found out about the solicitation without the mouthing off by the Friends of KKL Society.

LE had a deep interest in the last ping of KB's phone in Gooding. They would also have all the texts / calls between PF and KKL, clearly indicating a "romantic" relationship, and her being 20 miles from Gooding was going to be very obvious.

She also is quite a talker and I think she would have come up with the 3 solicitations all in the first half hour of questioning, because it was her "Fear of PF harming her children" that was her first defense before we knew what was really going on.

Even if KKL had taken KB's phone south and dumped it in southern Colorado, there would have been a time when her phone and KB's were pinging off the same towers along the way. So LE was going to end up across state lines in KKL's front door no matter what.

CL seems to be the only person in Idaho that ISN'T trying to get on ABC network morning news. He's made it clear he is divorced and has moved on; and has nothing to contribute to the case details. I think his privacy is earned. IMO

I agree. Now that KKL is out of the home, give his family, including the children some privacy. They are going to need it for many more years.

Agree. But I think what Esma is suggesting is that he may also have had a relationship with PF, as in conspiring to help. Although I don’t know what was in it for him....maybe money? If he was over KK as you say, he might have liked having a deal to make money on the side.

Hey, LNF! I know you're not necessarily buying into that suggestion.
I know I'm not.

IMO, that's so far out, it's coming from the nosebleed section in left field.
There is simply no evidence to suggest CL had any "relationship" with PF.
At least, none that I've seen.

CL is not accused of anything whatsoever in this case.
It's bad enough he was married to KK, and has to call her the mother of his children.
I'm with DaveF: the man has earned his right to privacy.

JMO.

Last edited:
"This is a case of psychopathy being at the core. Anger is part of it, but more importantly, no conscience and seeing people as objects.

And when a psychopath is on a mission they don’t have normal circadian rhythm. Their focus is on the target. In other words, they have very weird hours and it doesn’t even occur to them it’s weird."

This!

• KK brought gloves, a hair net, two trash bags, bleach, a white body suit (to keep things off her person) and booties (shoe covers). She brought those supplies from home, Slater says, because she recently moved into a new home and had them from painting her home. She said the hospital had the suit.
Ok, the only items that KK brought that I would use when painting my house are the trash bags and MAYBE the shoe covers (though I never have used those).

I have never used gloves, a hairnet, or bleach when painting. Anyone else?

Me neither!

By the way, how did she walk from where she parked to Kelsey’s house, with all that stuff, without being noticed?

Yeah. He was smart enough to lawyer up and say nothing, so I expect more of the same at trial.

Him testifying would open way too many doors to the prosecution, and would prove devastating.

Agreed. IMO, he’ll never testify. But one of the (many) big unknowns now are the witnesses that will appear for the defense. There will be character witnesses for him and character assassins for her. And there may also be witnesses willing to come forward and muddy the timeline waters further somehow. We’re still only working with half a deck... But I expect LE holds more than a few aces and face-cards they haven’t played yet...

Or lying low under the radar? I have some doubts he was oblivious.

I think he probably knew she was having an affair with PF and that their living arrangement was strained, but for the children.

However, LE has not named him in any action, such as they have the Auntie in the coffee incident, so I think we should just stop this line of inquiry in case the mods shut this thread down. I think this guy has suffered enough. He lived with that woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missletoes