Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He abducted the victim on video

Do you still think he covered his tracks well?
We see his image on CCTV I'm pretty sure it's him after seeing photos of him. But not necessarily up to the high level of beyond all reasonable doubt required by a court.

I can't bring myself to watch the second part of that footage but from all I've seen here there is sufficient doubt about whether she is forced or 'helped' into the car

He's already told his sister he 'helped' a crying girl. Gave her a lift. That's not illegal.

Admittedly he must have left evidence for his previous crimes as he was charged. Admittedly Spidercam footage probably alerted the police to him sooner. But without Libby it remains a difficult case to call.

Given the stupidity of getting caught on Spidercam and leaving evidence of other crimes I think he planned to snatch someone. A single act of cunning that doesn't have to be that bright. Otherwise I think she'd have been found

Gates near the Cottingham road end of Haworth st.

Do any of you posting about location think he'd be caught on both cameras? He's definitely caught on Spidercam at the bollard / dead end part of Haworth street. As it's a dead end he then has to drive back up to Cottingham road past these Gates with CCTV. How are they positioned? Would they have caught his car do you think? I know it's difficult to tell.

If he'd been wandering that street on previous occasions perhaps, maybe to look at Cottingham road, would they have caught him as a pedestrian?

I can't shake the feeling that that street is just too good for observing so many student routes and is just too handy a spot for his previous crimes.

So frustrating in here can't you guys move on from spider cam??

Same conversations over and over again!

It's all been covered a dozen times before.

Why not find something else more constructive to discuss that moves the conversation on?

Maybe it's just me but....It's getting tiresome.

Welcome to Websleuths! This is how most cases here go. Most UK cases get resolved pretty quickly usually (weeks) to be fair. Just don't follow a US case if you think this is frustrating.

Welcome to Websleuths! This is how most cases here go. Most UK cases get resolved pretty quickly usually (weeks) to be fair. Just don't follow a US case if you think this is frustrating.

Haha I will make sure I pick wisely.

40 minutes after the Spidercam footage at 12.49 he Sun claims the car was seen again on Newlands. possibly going home? The police are focused on the park. Is there anywhere between the sites the police are interested in and Newlands that would be of interest?

So frustrating in here can't you guys move on from spider cam??

Same conversations over and over again!

It's all been covered a dozen times before.

Why not find something else more constructive to discuss that moves the conversation on?

Maybe it's just me but....It's getting tiresome.

I'm not even sure WHY we're sleuthing spidercam. In my opinion PR has already confirmed it's him and Libby, so there's really nothing to discuss except whether she got in willingly or was forced.

If the police wanted more information about it - identification, witnesses, the cyclist, the other driver - they would have appealed for help by now, just like they have with the other CCTV footage. If the police think it's a random innocent and nothing at all to do with the case, they would likely have stopped ITV from publishing it.

I mentioned previously that a journalist told me it's extremely unlikely ITV would have put that video out there without liaising with police. They're a "safe" news agency, like BBC, they don't take risks during an active investigation like the redtops do. They wouldn't risk the libel case from that man if they weren't sure it was connected. Think about it - have they, or any other news outlet - published footage or photos of a person of interest? No.

I'm not even sure WHY we're sleuthing spidercam. In my opinion PR has already confirmed it's him and Libby, so there's really nothing to discuss except whether she got in willingly or was forced.

If the police wanted more information about it - identification, witnesses, the cyclist, the other driver - they would have appealed for help by now, just like they have with the other CCTV footage. If the police think it's a random innocent and nothing at all to do with the case, they would likely have stopped ITV from publishing it.

I mentioned previously that a journalist told me it's extremely unlikely ITV would have put that video out there without liaising with police. They're a "safe" news agency, like BBC, they don't take risks during an active investigation like the redtops do. They wouldn't risk the libel case from that man if they weren't sure it was connected. Think about it - have they, or any other news outlet - published footage or photos of a person of interest? No.

EXACTLY.

Thanks for being the voice of reason Cags.

Your sooo much more patient than me...but I do have raging PMT and we have run out of biscuits so to be honest my morning is not going well.

40 minutes after the Spidercam footage at 12.49 he Sun claims the car was seen again on Newlands. possibly going home? The police are focused on the park. Is there anywhere between the sites the police are interested in and Newlands that would be of interest?

Already discussed it was not the same car seen on spider cam or PR owns.

It wasn't even the same model car!!

May have been same colour think even that was debated.

Reactions: bos

Agreed Spidercam is probably fully covered. Its location is far more interesting given his alleged predilictions.

As you say it's very likely him and Libby. We then have the alleged Sun (neither realiable nor safe but all there is) footage at 12.49 of the car and the police focus on the park.

On the tiny 0.00001% chance he's dumped her with water and food - is there anywhere that could be? I know it's about as likely a scenario as a golden unicorn but it is somebodys child.

Already discussed it was not the same car seen on spider cam or PR owns.

It wasn't even the same model car!!

May have been same colour think even that was debated.
Ah ok. Stupid to trust the Sun on anything. Ignore previous post

Agreed Spidercam is probably fully covered. Its location is far more interesting given his alleged predilictions.

As you say it's very likely him and Libby. We then have the alleged Sun (neither realiable nor safe but all there is) footage at 12.49 of the car and the police focus on the park.

On the tiny 0.00001% chance he's dumped her with water and food - is there anywhere that could be? I know it's about as likely a scenario as a golden unicorn but it is somebodys child.

The Sun footage was 12:19, not 12:49. And it hasn't been mentioned for a while so we're not sure it proves it's the exact same car.

If he's dumped her with water and food it's been almost 5 weeks since he was arrested, unless he left her with loads to eat and drink she would probably not have survived. It's more likely that we'll find a golden unicorn.

Reactions: bos
I have to say that I agree with the people who are saying that he's gotten pretty lucky - if it is him. I could see where it could have pre-planned to lie in wait, with the intention of finding someone to ambush. But, based on the other crimes he is charged with, he seems bold and impulsive and not necessarily great at covering his tracks. I don't think he had a plan as to where to take LS once he had her - like some far off hidden space. Or even if he intended to head toward the park, I don't think he planned what to do if something went wrong. Clearly, there is something keeping LE linked to the park, and I think it is something more than just the screams that were heard.

I reckon she's in the water or near his home. He flashed and broke into homes near Raglan Rd - he's a home boi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SF3006