Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Just thinking . . . the future seems dim for CM's own kids, unless they can somehow be removed from the household. I had my eyes opened during the Closs case by the amount of info about meth problems in that area of Wisconsin. Now we are hearing it again in this case. I guess it is more rampant country wide than I knew. So, there probably are many more families with the same dynamics as CM's . . . drugs, abuse, crime, etc. I do think many of these monsterous perps are born with faulty wiring in their brains, but I can't help but wonder if some just become monsters due to the circumstances of their early life and upbringing. It certainly can't be healthy for kids to grow up surrounded by drugs, domestic violence, and criminal activity in general. MOO.

Last edited:
I'm not rationalizing DV.(I actually divorced My ex due to DV. No thanks! ) My post was only to offer possible insight as to how/why the adults responsible for Amberly *might* have let her live next to a violent creep.

Someone asked why. I shared some possibilities.

That's all.

To clarify, I didn't think that you, personally, were making those arguments! That was certainly not my intent.

My response was regarding the adults (using that term loosely here) who, indeed, turned a blind eye to the obvious; who clearly did think along the same lines of the examples you listed.

To anyone who rationalized leaving Amberly anywhere in CM's vicinity for any reason at all.

Just a whole ton of nope, but it wasn't aimed at you! :)

Last edited:
Respectfully spoken in my best Alabama Texas twang: Awww hellll nawww.

Anyone that was beaten that severely had plenty of visible bruises.

There is no rationalizing any DV, especially at that level, as relationship drama. No ma'am.

And anyone that can beat, choke, kick any human to just short of death is fully capable of harming a child.

Zero excuses.

I wish I could "LIKE" your post a thousand times!

https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/christopher-madison-amberly-barnett-suspect-arrested/

On Facebook, Madison and his fiancee, Krista Crane, used a joint account called “ChrisandKristaMadison.” The page lists them as engaged. They only had 36 friends. The publicly visible photos show them together and with a child. They met in 2013, according to what they indicated on Facebook.

According to the DeKalb County jail website, Madison’s girlfriend was arrested the same night Madison was, on March 2, on a disorderly conduct charge. She was released from jail after posting $1,500 bail.

<modsnipped discussing and sleuthing a non poi>

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any similar cases where a perp has been charged with capital murder and the details of the murder are kept sealed until after the case goes to trial? I am curious if the COD is the only detail we are likely to know for quite a while.

There have been but more typically, the details will be kept sealed, if they were sealed, until the prelim which is like a mini-trial to see if there is probable cause to go forward.

I don't care what photo's there are, that is not why he killed her. I have told my girls for years that you need to be careful what you wear because there are sicko's out there. I was wrong. By telling them that, I put the blame on them. I won't go into detail but I realized I had been sending the wrong message. It was never about them. It is and will always be about the pervert being evil sick human beings.

True. I don't believe a child wearing make up necessarily entices a predator. As someone said, it's the vulnerability and innocence that usually makes them want to harm the child.

That being said, to me, super heavy make up on a child like that could be indicative of certain things. Like of a child who may not have enough adult supervision. Or not enough adults who were protecting her.

This little girl didn't live with her parents. She also lived in close proximity to a violent criminal, which the adults tasked with caring for her had to have known.

This was a little child who wrote about the fragility of life on her Instagram. Someone posted about when did she last truly feel safe? A child who was possibly let down by almost everyone she was supposed to count on.

It is fact that vulnerable children are more often preyed on than other kids. Children who don't have adequate supervision. Kids who don't have parents. (Like kids in the foster care system or raised by relatives). Children whose families are mired in poverty. Children who are allowed to appear, act and engage in activities much more adult than they are.

No one is to blame for this murder except the murderer. It is true, however, that vulnerable children are more likely to be targets of this kind of thing than others.

The heavy make up that was not always associated with mere dance classes, along with the fact that she didn't live with her parents, and lived next door to a violent criminal, suggests to me that this was a child who wasn't as protected as she could've been.

I don't think that (the possible lack of protection) caused her to be killed. The pervert next door caused her to be killed. But it might have put her at higher risk.

Last edited:
https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/christopher-madison-amberly-barnett-suspect-arrested/

On Facebook, Madison and his fiancee, Krista Crane, used a joint account called “ChrisandKristaMadison.” The page lists them as engaged. They only had 36 friends. The publicly visible photos show them together and with a child. They met in 2013, according to what they indicated on Facebook.

According to the DeKalb County jail website, Madison’s girlfriend was arrested the same night Madison was, on March 2, on a disorderly conduct charge. She was released from jail after posting $1,500 bail.

After checking her mugshot info, Krista is only 23. He is 33. They met sometime in 2013 when she might have been only 17. She is a lot younger than him and might have been too scared to leave him. If she has never been in a good relationship, she may pick another loser, and put her daughters in jeopardy again.

The girlfriend was arrested when he was arrested for murder? Sounds like someone protecting her man, to me.

If true, I'm going to be sick.

Funny how that's my instinct rather than, "Oh you're arresting him for what? Hold on. Let me go grab a huge kitchen knife and murder the s.o.b.!"

The girlfriend was arrested when he was arrested for murder? Sounds like someone protecting her man, to me.

If true, I'm going to be sick.

Funny how that's my instinct rather than, "Oh you're arresting him for what? Hold on. Let me go grab a huge kitchen knife and murder the s.o.b.!"

He wasn’t charged with murder till today. So, when he was first arrested, (and that was when she was arrested), the charge was either drugs, or that vague ‘agency’ thing. Was that ever explained?

If they knew, I'm sure he spun it to make himself look good and the ex girlfriend to look bad.

I'm referring to the charges that he beat and tried to kill his girlfriend.

That is public record and I'm pretty sure her physical wounds were pretty evident.

Regardless of how he might try and spin it I don't think I'd want my child around someone like that.

Not sure if this is correct and not sure if the site where I found it is allowed, although the site is one where the public can ask lawyers questions.

Anyway, someone asked about, ‘Arrested for agency,” and this was the answer given:

“It probably means the person has a warrant somewhere, and he was arrested by a different law enforcement agency (not the agency that has the warrant).”

JMO, but I would it interpret this as the arresting agency, which I assume is the one investigating AB’s murder, found out CM was wanted by another LE dept and used that warrant to detain him while they linked him to AB’s murder.

Last edited:
I'm referring to the charges that he beat and tried to kill his girlfriend.

That is public record and I'm pretty sure her physical wounds were pretty evident.

Regardless of how he might try and spin it I don't think I'd want my child around someone like that.
It was explained in that article that at first he was arrested for drugs and then later for murder.

GIS Map Photos of the property from the County Property Assessors website show a clearer view of the parcel. It is 59+ acres and there appears to be 4 mobile homes. It is possible that 2 of them are uninhabitable based of some photos attached to the parcel information page. If you care to sleuth around the site, you’ll notice the owner info which makes me think these two mobile homes are rentals. The nearby property owner names lead me to think, maybe, there is some enabling of adult children going on. When you have a record, its very difficult to find housing. So while the perp will spend the rest of his hopefully very short life in prison, hopefully, the girlfriend and the children will not need to relocate. She’s going to need the family support to move forward.
Dekalb County ISV3

Attachments

• 6BF437F1-D25F-49AF-9A67-77E3395CF071.jpeg
    6BF437F1-D25F-49AF-9A67-77E3395CF071.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 63
  • 734D8BB9-9784-40BE-9B93-8EA2A32D7271.jpeg
    734D8BB9-9784-40BE-9B93-8EA2A32D7271.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 58

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online