Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

View attachment 172546
e742e9a1-b9d3-47a3-80f0-ea7bf1fad0e9-jpeg.172532

Yah I don't know
This photo of the back deck shows a trailer with horizontal rib siding (upper right)....
The same style and color of siding can be seen on this image of AB Aunts trailer(Upper left)

CM trailer has vertical rib siding...(shown below)

0c01da2d-2d0c-4fb4-aa3f-e6b3fdaec258-jpeg.172539

I will remove my posts if you think I should, but first note the newly marked photo. The siding starts going horizontal on side.
Let me know if I should remove it. TIA!

Attachments

• 8DC73DEA-A76C-4305-9132-9F71B1416D7D.jpeg
    8DC73DEA-A76C-4305-9132-9F71B1416D7D.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 67
Referring to above post by RD --- yes, I understand what you're saying.

But WS is a victim-friendly forum and we MUST defend the adults in this situation.
Not, of course, the monster that murdered Amberly.
But the others--- WS requires posters to be victim- friendly.
Sometimes it's difficult.

Here's a thought-- was it possible that the murderer was all kindness and sweetness around AB's mom ?
So much so ...that she didn't see his darker side ?
Maybe she had no idea about what he was capable of ?
(Still trying to be victim friendly)

https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/christopher-madison-amberly-barnett-suspect-arrested/

The original post, from RD, referred to AB’s mom and Madison as being friends.

From Heavy article: A FB account belonging to Madison and his girlfriend is friends with Amberley’s mother

The article mentions two FB accounts, the joint one, could also have been started by the gf. There is no mention of Madison having his own FB page or of AB’s mom being friends with him.

Last edited:
I will remove my posts if you think I should, but first note the newly marked photo. The siding starts going horizontal on side.
Let me know if I should remove it. TIA!

It doesn’t really matter, I do believe the photo of the back deck is of the crane residence and not the Madison residence. I can’t prove it any further as further images that would confirm are from unapproved Facebook accounts.

Also many trailers generally have different siding on the ends, but normally the sides would be the same style and design front and back.

All moo

I have to agree with you here. Why people think this man would have been put away over DV I don't know. I know of a similar case, from choking, to hitting head on concrete to an attempt to kill repeatedly in one incident, as described by the gf of CM, resulted in a "disorderly conduct". Never forget either it lets statistics stay with low crime if not charged with assault, etc. Then they bond out and threaten the woman again, a restraining order is nothing but a piece of paper, and the woman sees there is no protection. Or man. Or child. It may vary state by state but it is a FACT. It is not taken seriously.
In CA every DV case has to be fully investigated even when the abused won't press charges. I think that should be the standard

It doesn’t really matter, I do believe the photo of the back deck is of the crane residence and not the Madison residence. I can’t prove it any further as further images that would confirm are from unapproved Facebook accounts.

Also many trailers generally have different siding on the ends, but normally the sides would be the same style and design front and back.
Darn, I can’t remove it now, so I’ll state here that you may be correct and if so, I stand corrected. It is one of the residences. I pulled screen shot from posted link as reporters were talking about CM’s arrest, so I just assumed. Sorry for any confusion.

Darn, I can’t remove it now, so I’ll state here that you may be correct and if so, I stand corrected. It is one of the residences. I pulled screen shot from posted link as reporters were talking about CM’s arrest, so I just assumed. Sorry for any confusion.

No worries, I just think it shows that living conditions with 7 individuals in that tiny trailer was probably less than ideal. Not to put blame, as CM is solely responsible for what happened to AB. But I do feel bad for how she was living as I think it had to be a very difficult time for her.

Just heartbreaking and sad for everyone

Since her mom didn’t want to move AB out of her school district, the fire that forced them out of the home would have in in the Collinsville area? Sounds like it happened in February, needing a place quick?

And there was no available housing in the area so she had to go into GA to find a place, is a guess?

And the monster next door must have been watching that place intently or else they told him they were all going to Walmart leaving AB alone. With his GF and children in the other house too?!? It’s beyond my comprehension.
I wonder if the fire was deemed suspicious.

Why couldn’t she have stayed in the area with her children? Were her two jobs in GA? Had they been living with her sister since June of last year?

Not sure we will ever know all the reasons why, but the jobs apparently were in GA and the kids were with the aunt prior to Halloween 2018, so it was a long term housing situation for them.

No worries, I just think it shows that living conditions with 7 individuals in that tiny trailer was probably less than ideal. Not to put blame, as CM is solely responsible for what happened to AB. But I do feel bad for how she was living as I think it had to be a very difficult time for her.

Just heartbreaking and sad for everyone

ITA. Very sad. I taught in a poverty-stricken area in the Delta for 24 years and saw lots of children living in sad conditions. This case hits close to home. JMO
I wonder when CM will be arraigned.

ITA. Very sad. I taught in a poverty-stricken area in the Delta for 24 years and saw lots of children living in sad conditions. This case hits close to home. JMO
I wonder when CM will be arraigned.

Yep I just can’t even imagine

Someone linked an article earlier:

The poster claimed it was Arson.

But the article just said the cause was under investigation.

In my opinion most every fire in the newspaper says that. There was no mention of foul play that I could find. Moo

Quoted to add:
The mobile home fire was June 18th, 2018.

Arson , meth lab explosions, and wood heaters are the top three causes of fires in this area, according to the fire department. I doubt there were any wood fires burning in June.

I thought I saw the mom mention a name responsible for the fire before she made her FB private. IIRC it was a close relative. It's hard to remember with everything I've seen. I don't remember the cause of it being mentioned but remember seeing basically "Jane burned down the house". The name mentioned was someone she is still close to, so I got the impression it might have been an accident, but don't know for sure.

So glad there was a quick arrest to settle the public fear. I hadn't been following but I saw her tiktok and two of the instagram accounts. There is nothing sadder than seeing a happy child full of life and knowing she was brutally murdered. Sad times in Alabama with this and the tornado deaths. Prayers for healing and we can all take this in and know the Killers can be from the same home.

All moo
I'm not 100% certain but it appeared to me that the back of the trailer had an addition added on to it. If so, that could explain why the siding is different.

I'm not blaming anyone but the murderer. I've said that clearly and am not sure how I can make that any clearer.

Those of us who have the sense that this was a vulnerable child who may not have been protected as she should've been aren't blaming anyone else. Not victim blaming. Not blaming her family. It's simply a fact and noteworthy that vulnerable children are more at risk of this kind of thing.

The only reason I brought that up was due to the discussion about make up and social media access and whether those are or can be relevant to what happened to her.

My opinion is that they may be relevant to whether she was vulnerable child or even neglected.

Of course I don't know if she was neglected. I can't say that definitively. But:

1. She wasn't living with her parents. So something went wrong.
2. She was living in close proximity to a violent criminal. Something her caregivers had to have known, IMO.
3. Despite that, she was left unattended.
4. She had multiple social media accounts. At age 11. Which included photos of her in very heavy, adult-style make-up. Pouting and posing.
5. This child is featured in various social media photos heavily made up and not just for dance class, from what I can tell. Her make up is very adult.

All of that combined signals something to me. That this was a vulnerable child who may not have been protected by those responsible for her.

But more importantly, all of that signals that she was a vulnerable child to predators who would then see her as easy prey.

That's the issue.

Very well said gitana1. I was so angry over this horror show I had to cool off for a couple of days before commenting again. I almost felt bad about expressing concern over her SM presence after I read of her living arrangements. But you've articulated my exact thoughts on this much better than I could have.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back