CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #48 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Single mothers are just so vulnerable. Despite what the Marval/DC comic media wants to portray women as super-girls & wonder-women, they are not. This is one more horrific and sad story of LE calling a homicide a missing persons. In this day and age, how does one just vanish into thin air and go missing. One thing I have learned since the McStay family disappearance is that every family should know that if a member of the family go missing, treat is as a homicide.

That's what it sounds like. Maybe this keeping women awake is all part of his control thing, the gf now in prison said he wouldn't talk to her for days then call in the middle of the night with "visions of her in a wedding dress." What a load of crap!
ETA MOO.

Interesting thought. We know he kept KB up late with a stomach problem. We know he called this other one in the middle of the night out of the blue after sending her off of an even keel with no calling. Evil personified. Fatigue. Just the little bit we know if you take KB trying to handle a job, a baby, a bf, no family or friends nearby and add in this evil devil who she probably like so many wanted to make it work, tries to understand, thinks she can make it better, does not understand what she did to cause his anger, she can help, mother, it was due to his bad childhood, etc. He had an easy mark and YET it shows how strong she was to have withstood this all and kept up and took care of herself, something he has never been able to do, launch from mama's house... He seemed to have plenty of time to go to Sonic for coffee with KK, stalk KB, talk to KK, plot, do rodeos, screw around, etc.

What a winner, he is so awesome KK just could not resist even plotting to murder with him or for him on his behalf to win his favor!

He is where he belongs; in fact it is too good for him!

jmo and rant over...

There are still a few things about KK's story that just don't add up.
1. she's a nurse and would have needed to apply for that time off during the Thanksgiving day week far in advance. For her to claim he called her out of the blue and told her she needed to clean up the mess doesn't add up. He must have known she had that time off and she must have put in a request to get those days off. Her job is not the kind you can just take time off whenever you feel like it, especially on holidays.
2. KK claims that PF contracted for her to kill KB because she had access to drugs like ambien, etc. Thing is, PF's mother still holds her nursing license and would have been able to get the meds and he wouldn't have had to go outside the family to get the help he claimed he needed. Additionally, it would have been much easier for him to use whatever he had on hand as a farrier.
3. KK claims that she did attempt to carry out the poisoning by giving KB a coffee laced with poison, but couldn't do it. However, the two weren't friends and it makes no sense that KB would accept a coffee from a complete stranger. If some woman knocked on your door and introduced herself as a new neighbor, had a starbucks coffee with her and offered it to you, would you take it? I know I wouldn't. I'm sure they must have met before, seeing as KK and PF were carrying on an affair for months KK must have travelled to see him. During those travels doesn't it make sense that KK was working to gain KB's trust by befriending her? I mean how was KK planning to bludgeon KB to death, knock on her door carrying a metal pipe, smile and say "hey I know you don't know me and I'm carrying this metal pipe, but can I come in and be your new friend"?
4. KK cleaned up KB's home. Trust me, if someone asked me to clean up the home of some stranger I had never met I'd be hard pressed to make that home look like nothing had happened. KK said that home scene was brutal, yet she knew enough about the layout of that home to make it appear to KB's family that the home was normal. Furniture was where it was supposed to be, knicknacks where they should be, pictures on the walls, chairs, plants, etc. How would KK know what goes where if she hadn't been in that home before?
I think there's more to the story than we're hearing or KK is still lying because there are things that still don't add up.
The nurse might have just called up the hospital and said "I don't feel good, can I have a few days off or, I have caught the flu going around, can I have a few days off" I am sure the hospital would have said O.K.

1. she's a nurse and would have needed to apply for that time off during the Thanksgiving day week far in advance. For her to claim he called her out of the blue and told her she needed to clean up the mess doesn't add up. He must have known she had that time off and she must have put in a request to get those days off. Her job is not the kind you can just take time off whenever you feel like it, especially on holidays.
2. KK claims that PF contracted for her to kill KB because she had access to drugs like ambien, etc. Thing is, PF's mother still holds her nursing license and would have been able to get the meds and he wouldn't have had to go outside the family to get the help he claimed he needed. Additionally, it would have been much easier for him to use whatever he had on hand as a farrier.
3. KK claims that she did attempt to carry out the poisoning by giving KB a coffee laced with poison, but couldn't do it. However, the two weren't friends and it makes no sense that KB would accept a coffee from a complete stranger. If some woman knocked on your door and introduced herself as a new neighbor, had a starbucks coffee with her and offered it to you, would you take it? I know I wouldn't. I'm sure they must have met before, seeing as KK and PF were carrying on an affair for months KK must have travelled to see him. During those travels doesn't it make sense that KK was working to gain KB's trust by befriending her? I mean how was KK planning to bludgeon KB to death, knock on her door carrying a metal pipe, smile and say "hey I know you don't know me and I'm carrying this metal pipe, but can I come in and be your new friend"?
4. KK cleaned up KB's home. Trust me, if someone asked me to clean up the home of some stranger I had never met I'd be hard pressed to make that home look like nothing had happened. KK said that home scene was brutal, yet she knew enough about the layout of that home to make it appear to KB's family that the home was normal. Furniture was where it was supposed to be, knicknacks where they should be, pictures on the walls, chairs, plants, etc. How would KK know what goes where if she hadn't been in that home before?
I think there's more to the story than we're hearing or KK is still lying because there are things that still don't add up.

Oh he had keys and I have no doubt both he and KK had been in that house before. I also would not doubt they tried to mess with things to get to KB.

Great points by the way.

What does one actually do with a "donkey business" anyway?
I'm not sure if it's really a "business" but Cripple Creek residents are serious about their donkeys. Donkeys go back to the old mining days when they were used to work the gold mines in the area. Now, donkeys are part of the "show" of the town. They hold an annual event called Donkey Derby races, my family has attended a couple of times. It's more or less a reason to throw back a couple of pints of local craft beer and a bratwurst! I suppose someone has to keep the donkey's somewhere when they're not on "show". Here's some info on the Donkey's of Cripple Creek
The Donkey Herd in Cripple Creek, Colorado

Oh he had keys and I have no doubt both he and KK had been in that house before. I also would not doubt they tried to mess with things to get to KB.

Great points by the way.

They are the type, for sure, to let themselves in and move stuff around to mess with her head.

This reminded me....didn’t Kelsey tell her mother that having her gun back made her feel safe again?

Edited to remove a ‘move’

They are the type, for sure, to let themselves in and move stuff around to mess with her head.

This reminded me....didn’t Kelsey tell her mother that having her gun back made her feel safe again?

Yes, unfortunately I have known the type--people who never have cannot imagine someone doing such things but that is what these types do imo. It is how they seem to me anyhow. KK's little game with the coffee is an indication. As are PF's lies about KB to other people. Trying to make her out to be a mental case or think she is crazy, etc. Much in this case fits this to me.

I am so overloaded with details. I thought she did say that about the gun but right now I cannot bring to mind where that was said or if she said it...?

I was under the impression at first she said that the night/day before and told her mom she had went shooting the night before but now documents/tweets/etc. show that she allegedly said that Thanksgiving evening which was when he was the one behind the texts...

Maybe someone else can answer that because it is one of the things that I feel I have read two conflicting accounts.

Yes, it was stated by Slater that Kelsey had told her mother that.
But the content of PF's message that he sent to CB, telling her they had gone shooting, did not state the part about her feeling safe, so we still don't know if KB told her mom that in a different conversation, or not. Imo.

I've wrestled with a few of these points late at night, myself! My only explanation is, PF introduced KB & KK with the excuse of a "business partnership". With them being together, PF wanted KB's thoughts on something so KK was invited to her home. This is 100% speculation , but in my innocent little world, it makes sense as to how/why KK would know placement of certain things.

On another note, after watching the Dateline episode, I noticed something that may or may not have already been hashed out...
KB's smile in different photosn
In the one with PF& Baby K, she has a closed smile; yet with her mom & other photos of just her or her with the baby, all open smiles showing teeth! This is concerning! KB, even if subconsciously, knew something was amiss.

Yes, unfortunately I have known the type--people who never have cannot imagine someone doing such things but that is what these types do imo. It is how they seem to me anyhow. KK's little game with the coffee is an indication. As are PF's lies about KB to other people. Trying to make her out to be a mental case or think she is crazy, etc. Much in this case fits this to me.

I am so overloaded with details. I thought she did say that about the gun but right now I cannot bring to mind where that was said or if she said it...?

I was under the impression at first she said that the night/day before and told her mom she had went shooting the night before but now documents/tweets/etc. show that she allegedly said that Thanksgiving evening which was when he was the one behind the texts...

Maybe someone else can answer that because it is one of the things that I feel I have read two conflicting accounts.

These people (not murderers, I hope) also exist in every office in my experience. Fascinating, how many weirdos there are around.

I think it was reported in the document release, as something KB told an agent. I’ll check.

RSBM

On another note, after watching the Dateline episode, I noticed something that may or may not have already been hashed out...
KB's smile in different photosn
In the one with PF& Baby K, she has a closed smile; yet with her mom & other photos of just her or her with the baby, all open smiles showing teeth! This is concerning! KB, even if subconsciously, knew something was amiss.

Kelsey’s smile in that photo was discussed yesterday. And yes, I agree, it’s markedly more joyful in the outdoor shots with her mom and Baby K.

I really hope those autumn (Fall!) photos are professional ones. If they were taken by PF, the poor Berreths would never want to look at them again.

These people (not murderers, I hope) also exist in every office in my experience. Fascinating, how many weirdos there are around.

I think it was reported in the document release, as something KB told an agent. I’ll check.

Yes, sadly it is how common the type is. The ones I have encountered as well never murdered, just played those psychological/head games. Even so, it can have devastating consequences if one does not catch onto what is going on, they can be extremely devious. Or someone figures it out and tells someone and they think the person telling them (the victim) is nuts or paranoid (they win that way as well). Does someone teach them this stuff because it is hard to believe they come out of the womb with these thoughts... Just saying...

Anyhow.... I think you are right that it was something her mom said.

Perhaps PF has her pictures. Many people use their phone to take and store photos. We know what happened to her phone, don't we?
I agree, most folks these days don't have a lot of printed photos laying around in drawers like we used to. They are all on their phones for the most part. Though I would imagine she would have sent photos to her Mom via phone or email.Her phone may or may not be destroyed, if those pictures were not back up somewhere they might be lost. OR...Perhaps her Mom just doesn't want to share them with the world, which is her right.

Catching on to what you meant by the gun, yes, it makes sense. She had strange bleached blondes showing up at her door with coffee and probably things moved in her house, etc. And I will bet there were other things we will never hear about. The charges and documents say "at least" three solicitations... (paraphrasing) KB probably felt very unsafe and probably had PF there telling her she was paranoid, depressed, etc. to add to it...

Well, I guess we know why KB referred to PF as her fiancé, and told those she knew at work she was getting married. I wonder how many late night calls KB received from PF telling her he just dreamed about her in a wedding dress. I bet it was a line he used on all his girlfriends. :eek:

I think KB and PF's ex girlfriend look a lot alike, there are many similarities between them, unlike KK who looks nothing like either of them. I think he had a "type", and KK was not it.

All jmo

Catching on to what you meant by the gun, yes, it makes sense. She had strange bleached blondes showing up at her door with coffee and probably things moved in her house, etc. And I will bet there were other things we will never hear about. The charges and documents say "at least" three solicitations... (paraphrasing) KB probably felt very unsafe and probably had PF there telling her she was paranoid, depressed, etc. to add to it...

I hope it turns out she had a confidante, maybe someone from work. Even if she didn’t tell them how cruel her fiancé was, might it be useful if there was someone who could testify to her saying strange things had been happening. (We only know about the Starbucks blond, but I bet there were other things).

I hope it turns out she had a confidante, maybe someone from work. Even if she didn’t tell them how cruel her fiancé was, might it be useful if there was someone who could testify to her saying strange things had been happening. (We only know about the Starbucks blond, but I bet there were other things).

I do as well. I think at the worst times in life most need someone to talk to to maintain their sanity and sometimes it is someone outside of one's normal circle as well. I hope she had such a person and I hope they have talked to that person.

Just the fact Sonic knew these two, PF and KK, tells me of more than a once in awhile presence of KK in town--and not always in hiding apparently... I think there is far more... And likely more than we will ever know...

Last edited:
I am not usually this crass but KK was a booty call and I think she was well aware of it. He told her just like any cheating bf or husband or wife for that matter, that KB was terrible and they had no relationship. She on some level did not believe that they just exchanged the baby and had no other relationship. She worried he did do more than that with KB and suspected what he told her was not true although she wanted to believe it. From 800 miles away it drove her crazy. She contributed to knocking KB to PF who was already doing the same knocking KB to her... She would do anything to win this one and not be 2nd fiddle. Would that include trying to have a child and a tie that binds? They played and fed off of each other but for their own individual purposes.

This is solely my opinion and solely my own speculation. They both deserve to go away for life imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz