Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No new info in this article but BBC now also linking the body to Libby.

BBC News - Missing Libby Squire: Police find woman's body in water
Libby police find woman's body in water

Still not conclusive, but you would have to say given that Libby Squire is the only missing female searched still being for by Humberside police currently, it is now probably 90% chance its her :-unless another female has gone missing in the area and has not been reported. (highly unlikely you would think).

So this could be the final endgame of the Libby Squire disappearance. The official confirmation of her identity will be announced tomorrow you would think. I hope she is still preserved well enough to establish cause of death with certainty. We all want to know whether its suicide or foul play.

Here's hoping!.

I (mis?)read your comment as 'someone prepared' to make a visual identification. Visual id isn't always reliable and there has to be a 'scientific' method used, the primary criteria being fingerprints, DNA or dental records. How fast this is done depends on workload and them getting dental records etc.
OK, let me put it this way. The police have someone lined up/ready/prepared to do the ID.
They would need to know who to ask, ergo they are pretty sure who it is. That was my point.

What happens Websleuths if it turns from a missing person's inquiry to a murder investigation?

Are we still allowed to comment on it?

OK, let me put it this way. The police have someone lined up/ready/prepared to do the ID.
They would need to know who to ask, ergo they are pretty sure who it is. That was my point.
You're basically saying what I've also said - for LE to have informed the family/"relevant people" then they must already know/be very sure of who the woman is.

You're basically saying what I've also said - for LE to have informed the family/"relevant people" then they must already know/be very sure of who the woman is.

I think your right in this case but if there was more than one missing woman then more than one family would need to be told a body had been found.

Absolutely no suggestion of the former.

You don't know that. She was prevented entry in the club and didn't return home and instead trawled the streets and sat on a bench. You just wouldn't do that in -2 degrees.

She may have had something on her mind and just walked down the street and jumped into the river. Alcohol can exasperbate mental issues.

Ok granted, I don't think that happened but I for one hope that cause of death is concrete and if it is foul play will lead us to her killer somehow.

Anyway, still way off. Will wait for the results to come out.

You don't know that. She was prevented entry in the club and didn't return home and instead trawled the streets and sat on a bench. You just wouldn't do that in -2 degrees.

She may have had something on her mind and just walked down the street and jumped into the river. Alcohol can exasperbate mental issues.

Ok granted, I don't think that happened but I for one hope that cause of death is concrete and if it is foul play will lead us to her killer somehow.

Anyway, still way off. Will wait for the results to come out.

I'm finding this really disprectful.

There is no evidence that points to her harming herself at all.

May just be me but I don't find this appropriate at all, especially not today.

If this is Libby, I think the police will have a stronger case for abduction or kidnapping, even if they don't know the cause of death for certain. This does depend of what other evidence they have, but my guess it is more than just that she got into PR's car. Also, perhaps they can check out spots where it may be likely for her to have entered the river, and find some signs that could indicate whether (sorry to say this) she may have been dragged there, although maybe it is too late for that. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes