GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids? Very doubtful. Depends if he was let out, what the licence conditions would be. I read/watched somewhere that Jon Venebles was made to break off a relationship because the woman had a child so no kid contact must be a licence condition. I would have thought social services would swoop in and take any babies away at birth.
Jon Venables isn't allowed to spend the night under the same roof as a child, even if the child is related to him. That's written into his license conditions, same for Robert Thompson. And AC is clearly considered more dangerous than those two so I can't see him ever being allowed near a child at all. Not even if it was his own.

I wonder would a child killer attract a woman like that though? Charles Bronson or one of the Krays I can see being attractive to that type, a creep who murders a 6 year old, not so much.

That’s a good point. I can’t think of any child killers where that’s been reported ( usually the press are all over it ) but none come to mind. Never heard of Brady, Huntley ,Whiting having girlfriends but tbh nothing would surprise me with some people.

I wonder would a child killer attract a woman like that though? Charles Bronson or one of the Krays I can see being attractive to that type, a creep who murders a 6 year old, not so much.
Charles Bronson and the Krays were career criminals, tough guys and i can understand why women like that in a man. I think you're right though, who on earth would find that sleekit wee weasel attractive?

I wonder if he and Genie will stay in contact. I wonder if she feels any resentment towards him.
I don't think they looked like they had anything between them throughout the trial. They never arrived at court together or left together.
As they have Alesha in common i would have expected to see more support between them.

I wonder if he and Genie will stay in contact. I wonder if she feels any resentment towards him.

Obviously it's the press so you can't tell,but in the photos they are always very seperate,and Genie has never appeared to mention him in interviews,likewise CJ didn't mention Genie in his video so I get the impression that they were quite estranged before any of this but just MO

That’s a good point. I can’t think of any child killers where that’s been reported ( usually the press are all over it ) but none come to mind. Never heard of Brady, Huntley ,Whiting having girlfriends but tbh nothing would surprise me with some people.

I know Chris watts had loads of women writing him love letters, asking if there was anything they could send him, sending him pics of themselves. And he murdered his wife, unborn baby, and 2 little girls both under 5.
Its probably more the fact he wasn’t a bad looking guy and worked out though probably, Huntley and Brady weren’t exactly oil paintings were they.
I think these women think they can change them or something. Weird and disturbing tho

I don't think they looked like they had anything between them throughout the trial. They never arrived at court together or left together.
As they have Alesha in common i would have expected to see more support between them.

That's what l thought. They were together at a vigil, but that was before some if this stuff has come out. She strikes me as being pretty clued up. Did GL have anyone with her? We've seen more of the MacPhail side coming and going to court.

So truthfully I mentioned a while ago I was considering sending him a letter because I had so many unanswered questions about this case and so many things that were bothering me. I know many people find the idea quite ghoulish and I totally understand that, it's certainly not something that everyone would be interested in doing.

I actually did end up sending one (about 3 weeks ago) but this was well before his sentencing and his confession when I was still a bit unsure about certain aspects of the case and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I believed he had done it but I wasn't sure he was an outright psychopath yet (until I saw him smiling in the courtroom), I thought there may be other mental health issues or mitigating factors. Anyway, he never responded so not only is he a child rapist and murderer, he's ignorant as well. Just thought I'd share lol.

I’m not so sure. I think they’re amicable but mainly for the sake of the trial. I would be surprised if she doesn’t hold some resentment. I believe there was a custody battle over Alesha, not sure if this was solved before she passed or was still ongoing. I did read in her interview, genie said on the day Alesha was missing, she couldn’t get through to the family, so she phoned her solicitor.

Beautiful !

I really don’t know how her family cope...I just don’t. To have her snatched away like that, from her own bed and then so brutalised....and for what!! AC may have a life sentence but it’s the family who are living a real one.

I wonder if Rab and his parents will stay in bute? So many good memories tarnished with bad. Living in that flat must be so difficult. I worry about Genie and Rab, he looks so unwell, very gaunt and thin. Genie has her little girl to keep her strong and she has said she’d like to help other victims , so she has a focus. Rab, I’m not so sure. He has the added burden that she was taken from their unlocked flat, by someone he knew from drug deals, I expect that plays heavy on his mind .

I hope they find some way forward and one day the pain will start to ease but it’s going to take a long, long time.
I think they will stay here, I suspect Rab has lived here all his life (although I don't know that for sure). Alesha's grandmother has just got a new job in Rothesay in a new shop that has opened, so it does look like she intends to stay for the foreseeable future anyway.

Obviously it's the press so you can't tell,but in the photos they are always very seperate,and Genie has never appeared to mention him in interviews,likewise CJ didn't mention Genie in his video so I get the impression that they were quite estranged before any of this but just MO
That's what l thought. They were together at a vigil, but that was before some if this stuff has come out. She strikes me as being pretty clued up. Did GL have anyone with her? We've seen more of the MacPhail side coming and going to court.
Yes. She had her partner and other family members with her in press photos.
I think they were estranged, in one of her interviews she said she spoke with someone called Scott on Bute to find out about Alesha.
I don't think RM or GL had much contact with each other.
GL probably resents RM because he was looking after their daughter when that thing stole her from bed. It's a terrible situation for both Alesha's parents.
RM looks awful, withdrawn and pale. You can see his pain.

Yes she comes across very well. Genie was well supported....her partner, mother, 2 brothers and their partners and her grandad were with her. I get the feeling they’re very close knit family.

I think she had concerns ( hence custody battle) the grandparents were also very heavily involved with Alesha when she came to the island.

For what it's worth. Georgina and Rab never spoke to each other on Thursday as far as I could tell, they weren't sitting beside each other and when they were being briefed beforehand they were taken into separate rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa