GUILTY OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

I don't know that it was irresponsible reporting. Several witnesses spoke to the media. None said he looked like a man.

Right. Two girls in the car, two neighbors who were watching him and the one who talked to him. The guy who stopped on his way to get coffee at White Castle and asked him if he was okay? All of them referred to him as a boy who was beat up and asking for help.
JMO

Right. Two girls in the car, two neighbors who were watching him and the one who talked to him. The guy who stopped on his way to get coffee at White Castle and asked him if he was okay? All of them referred to him as being a scared, boy who looked beat up and asking for help.
JMO
People are too quick to blame the media. its disheartening

Like Margarita said, Delphi case cured me of drawing conclusions from photos.
When my imagination runs wild, I don't have to draw conclusions and insist I'm right. I do sometimes though. That's my responsibility.

Also to everyone saying they're embarrassed.. don't be! It's not our faults. We were not given ANY accurate information nor a real photo. The news sources let out that blurry photo of the guy which made all our imaginations run wild... which they should have never done. It is a shame that we do not have reliable media.

Right. Two girls in the car, two neighbors who were watching him and the one who talked to him. The guy who stopped on his way to get coffee at White Castle and asked him if he was okay? All of them referred to him as being a scared, boy who looked beat up and asking for help.
JMO

What it shows is people are generally good. The initial instinct was he was trying to steal a neighbor's car. They intervened. But this practiced con artist knew what to do and how to act. He convincingly acted (apparently), like a frightened teenager and doubled down when police arrived.

The media reported what they were told.

LE did what it was supposed to do. They didn't make many statements to the media because they were working and doing their job. They gave us no false hope.

The only one at fault here is that who made false claims about being a much sought and beloved missing child.

What about the description of the white SUV with yellow paint transfer? What was that all about? Didn't a woman say she saw Rini at a hotel getting out of a white SUV and he was with 2 men? With Wisconsin plates? Was that not him?

Last edited:
Wow...SMH I can not fathom what makes a human pretend to be someone they are not, knowing the harm & on such a grand scale, it will cause Timmothy’s family. That’s all I can say ATM Zipping the proverbial lips on that.
Perhaps this will bring more attention to Timmothy’s case & maybe new tips will come in.
I never heard about it until these recent events occurred.
My heart goes out to Timmothy’s family :(
MOO

Pretty weird. Perhaps decades ago before DNA testing he may have been able to profit from this if it were indeed a con job. Maybe he's just low functioning or mentally ill. Hard to make heads or tails of this for a motive.

I suppose he could face charges for making false statements to police if he's determined to be mentally competent.

*ah, and now that I've seen his recent history he's just your average drug using sociopath destroying everything in his path.

Last edited:
It's not stupid to believe the reporting from professional journalists. There's no way this guy was at a Children's hospital for more than 5 minutes before someone realized what was going on. This was just irresponsible reporting all around. These two threads were all based on MSM reporting from local and national news sources. If you can't believe that, what can you believe?

If this guy refused to provide his fingerprints as reported then LE knew as soon as that happened that this likely was not Timmothy. I think they should have said "we have no reason to believe... but we are investigating..." and poured cold water on this in the beginning. If it ended up being Timmothy, they would have good news to report to the world.

Any hint to MSM that this seemed to be a disturbed adult and not a child may have made the media tap the breaks.

Also, since when do the police allow you to refuse to be fingerprinted? Why didn't they insist on fingerprints? If I was possibly in the middle of committing a crime, I can't see LAPD saying "do you want to give us your fingerprints or nah" and me saying "hard pass." Like, that would NEVER happen!

I thought this went into the media via those that “helped” him. I think the best of people, so sad but wondering if whole story might explain.

Right. Two girls in the car, two neighbors who were watching him and the one who talked to him. The guy who stopped on his way to get coffee at White Castle and asked him if he was okay? All of them referred to him as a boy who was beat up and asking for help.
JMO

Idk if anyone found his Twitter yet, but his profile pic shows quite a bit of acne scars. Also could be cause to look like a 'beat up 14 year old' if you're a witness trying to see the good (to quote Gitana). Under a hoodie. Probably looking down/bending over a lot because 'his stomach hurt' (as he claimed).

Can I see the most recent photo of him you've seen? or are you basing it on a completely different photo from a very different date/time?

Honestly asking

I was talking about his mugshot which was taken a while back, I guess. He's a dark haired adult male with a beard. Even shaved and cleaned up you'd see his beard.

In case this pic was missed.

View attachment 178040

This is his mug shot from a 2018 arrest in Norton, Ohio.

“A 22-year-old man called for help Nov. 29 using the vehicle’s OnStar system but was vague in the details. Police arrived at a Wadsworth Road parking lot and got a vague report from the man about some acquaintances he’d picked up who started fighting in the car. He didn’t produce a driver’s license but gave a name and Social Security number. The car itself belonged to a car dealership and was allegedly on an overnight test drive. However, the actual owner of the name and Social Security number used called police dismayed at receiving a citation in the mail, suspecting his brother had used his identity in the incident. The brother, Brian Michael Rini, was in the Medina County Jail at the time and was charged with falsification as well as the original traffic citation.”
Brian Michael Rini: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Attachments

• 2F327DE8-2A0C-4246-924A-51CFE5DF23F5.jpeg
    2F327DE8-2A0C-4246-924A-51CFE5DF23F5.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 14
Also, since when do the police allow you to refuse to be fingerprinted? Why didn't they insist on fingerprints? If I was possibly in the middle of committing a crime, I can't see LAPD saying "do you want to give us your fingerprints or nah" and me saying "hard pass." Like, that would NEVER happen!
I think that's why the WCPO news woman stressed that police had DNA but they didn't know if it was collected voluntarily or not. They might of had to sneak it, like with tissues or a water bottle, to get any DNA. Explains why they weren't talking for so long, they were probably trying to figure out what the hell he was doing.
Not sure if MSM or LE is to blame with dragging out with the reporting. I just hope the family wasn't led on like the general public.

Pretty weird. Perhaps decades ago before DNA testing he may have been able to profit from this if it were indeed a con job. Maybe he's just low functioning or mentally ill. Hard to make heads or tails of this for a motive.

I suppose he could face charges for making false statements to police if he's determined to be mentally competent.

I wonder where he got Timmothy’s information? He would have been 15ish when Timmothy disappeared? Did he make note of missing children information to use when he was caught in criminal acts? I probably should move on but I am super curious about where he got the name?

I can't come up with the WHY? Why would he say that knowing that LE would figure it out. What would he get out of this? I'm just sick about this, so freaking mean to do something like this to this family. I just don't get it.

Druggie and pathological liar. They double down. They never admit defeat. Or at least not until they absolutely have no choice. Think about Casey Anthony leading the police to her supposed office at Universal. They thought she had a mental illness after that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back