OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

Discussion in 'Trials' started by AnotherNancyDrew, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Sounds like he’s watched a lot of MMA or some other type of wrestling.

gitana1 likes this.
  2. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 2024

I want to see what he looks like now, not an old mugshot. Of course ppl can say whatttttt to an old mugshot but that has no bearing on what he looks like now

3. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

My guess is that LE was pretty sure early on and told the family they didn't think it was Tim. But witnesses already called the media.

And because he was claiming to be a missing minor even if they were pretty certain it was untrue they probably had to err on the side of caution and her this injured person treatment and treat them as a minor until there was confirmation.

He's a good little con artist. Had all those witnesses convinced and they spoke to him and saw him firsthand.

4. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Do you think they believed the imposter to be Timmy? After reading Twitter, I did not.

LaborDayRN, gitana1 and JanetElaine like this.
  5. sjah

sjah Member

I can see your point except that he has been jailed/arrested multiple times under his real name. I think any abuse he has had in the past few years was probably done to him in exchange for something he did given his criminal record.

gitana1 likes this.
  6. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

At the time of my post I did not know it was a grown arse criminal.

I, like lots of folks here was truly hoping for a great outcome. We have seen it happen before and we were all willing (well most of us) to remain positive and pray for the best. This does not make us foolish, stupid or idiots. It makes us compassionate humans. I am not going to let evil minded people and cruel people like this goof make me lose my faith that there is good in the world and there are miracles waiting to happen!
    Call me naive or whatever else but I will not let cynics rule my world!

7. gitana1

It's worth a discussion. This is rare but has happened before. Helps me with sleuthing to research and catalogue these things.

8. StephanieH

StephanieH Active Member

Yeah. His story about being kidnapped made absolutely no sense.
    What baffles me is why he thought it would work? DNA, dude. DNA.
    I hope he has to pay back authorities for all the expenses they had for a lie.

9. Amich

Amich Active Member

Also to everyone saying they're embarrassed.. don't be! It's not our faults. We were not given ANY accurate information nor a real photo. The news sources let out that blurry photo of the guy which made all our imaginations run wild... which they should have never done. It is a shame that we do not have reliable media.

10. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

BBM

Oh, boy, that's a biggie. Sorry to say, FAKE NEWS but good journalism is nearly dead. If it's not propaganda it's click bait. I'm really angry this was done in a case of a missing (once) child.

11. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

There are several quotes in any of the gazillion links in thread 2 and even here. Here are just two that say police haven't confirmed anything:

Boy Found in Ohio Says He's Timmothy Pitzen, Who Vanished in 2011 After Mom Wrote Cryptic Suicide Note
    Police: Teen found in Newport says he's missing Illinois kid who disappeared nearly 8 years ago

It's not LE's job to shut the media down. They said they couldn't confirm it and that should have been enough. Just because that reporter allegedly said LE and FBI were confident doesn't mean LE and FBI actually said that.

12. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Well, he sure can't look any younger than that GROWN MAN WITH A BEARD!!!

13. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Do I remember reading that there were two women that actually spoke to him (meaning close enough to see and observe his face)?
    With the hood up it was difficult to ascertain facial features. A statement stating that he had refused fingerprinting and dna was necessary would have been a clue.

14. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

I'm really wondering right now if the 'bruises' they thought they saw on his face was actually his facial hair shining through. Hopefully they'll charge him with falsification so we can have a fresh mug shot.

15. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

Many folks here sure believed it was him. This is a public site, anyone can read here.

16. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Or his cellie abused him......

LietKynes and sjah like this.
  17. gitana1

Oh! We had talked about his age in many, many posts so I thought you knew.

And I agree. I won't let it ruin my faith in humanity or in the goodness in the world.

Frankly, I think creeps like this are rare compared to decent humans. It's hard not to think otherwise when following these cases but the bad is what makes the news. Because it's "new".

There is a great documentary called I Am. Came out in 2003 I believe. It explores whether humans are innately good or bad.

Changed my world. And helps us to see reality and stay positive when immersed in the darkness.

18. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

It may not be their job but they do it all the time. Spreading false information can hinder a LE investigation.

ChiCubs2016 likes this.
  19. Amich

Amich Active Member

They did not say anything in those articles. In fact the FBI confirmed publicly they were involved in this now. They could have taken that guys prints and found out way sooner and FBI would not have even had to join in. I'm pretty sure if you're a professional you could tell that's no a 14 year old boy. And yes they CAN make a comment to the media. They chose not to comment. They should have.

ChiCubs2016 likes this.
  20. WhimsicalWillow

WhimsicalWillow All of my posts are MOO & accuracy not guaranteed

Bingo. Thank you. You are so right. You should write to the media a complaint about how this was handled.