Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think LL will show up on a morning talk show to apologize/cry/try to salvage her rapidly disappearing acting career?

I hope she just lays low and disappears.
I think the best thing she can do is stay out of the public eye, quit with the staged photos bopping (or lamenting) around town and stop the PR-arranged stories and placed quotes. Just be quiet and serious - and think about how to take responsibility and make amends for your wrongdoings...without paying someone to do it for you.

jmo

Teresa Guidice, Martha Stewart and LL have only one thing in common as far as I see-- a profound sense of being better than the rest of the world. Even though Teresa and Martha are very different from each other, they have something that Lori has not shown yet--- a common sense when it comes to the legal authority that the prosecution has. The Guidice couple and Stewart listened to their legal counsel to keep their mouth's shut, defer, and, if they had to publicly react, to never appear happy. Loughlin has been too comfortable, signing autographs and shopping--- none of which makes the public on her side and can sit in the hearts and minds of the prosecutors and potential jurors.

After prison, Guidice and Stewart were silent and moved forward-- not commenting or making light of their convictions. After conviction, LL needs to take a play from their book as well.

On donations to charities, I would think that at this point (before a plea) any donations will appear like boot-licking and engender the ridicule or ire among people rather than seeing the philanthropy as genuine.

Does anyone think LL will show up on a morning talk show to apologize/cry/try to salvage her rapidly disappearing acting career?

I hope she just lays low and disappears.

I wish she and her entitled celebrity ilk would disappear, but she's like a bad boil on the ar$e of humanity and keeps popping up.

Again and again! :eek::eek::eek:o_O

I think the best thing she can do is stay out of the public eye, quit with the staged photos bopping (or lamenting) around town and stop the PR-arranged stories and placed quotes. Just be quiet and serious - and think about how to take responsibility and make amends for your wrongdoings...without paying someone to do it for you.

jmo

You mean not glibly smile, say you're fine and sign autographs for fans?

What the heck is wrong with her? I would be pooping my pants if I had to go to court after being charged with a crime. What a crazy woman. So totally used to never ever facing any consequences and getting away with everything.

Or maybe she's just concerned with appearance so much that looking pretty and unconcerned with the charges was more important than the charges themselves.

That's what I think is happening. I think prosecutors will put the pressure on the kids in order to force the hands of the parents, who will, likely, be willing to take sentencing to spare the children.

FWIW, I think the kids aren't legally responsible, even if they knew about the scheme. Yes, they should have declined the scam and are morally responsible for going along with the fraud, but parents are obviously a HUGE authority figure in anyone's life and are in the position of power in the relationship. I don't think the kids should be held legally responsible. What to do with them in college - kick them or or let them stay - I don't know.

jmo

I think you are right. Lets not forget Human Development. The human brain is not fully developed until the age of 25. That is if there were no outside influences (drugs and alcohol). If these children were aware of what was going on, they certainly were not aware of the consequences. Any parent could spin this in a way that a child may think this is "ok". As far as what to do with them, the question would be "would they have received entrance based on their own merit"? if so the by all means, let them stay. If they would not have been allowed entrance, help guide them somewhere where they can be successful.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of these Parents feel it was all worth it. How it will affect their relationships with their Children, even their own marriages, with some livelihood will slip away. I cant imagine the message I would walk away with as a Child. You were too stupid to get into the school I needed you to get into to satisfy my ego. So I simply lied, cheated and bought your way in, because I could.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of these Parents feel it was all worth it. How it will affect their relationships with their Children, even their own marriages, with some livelihood will slip away. I cant imagine the message I would walk away with as a Child. You were too stupid to get into the school I needed you to get into to satisfy my ego. So I simply lied, cheated and bought your way in, because I could.

I think it was worth it until they got caught. For some families, they wanted the same deal for kid number 2. I think many would argue that colleges support legacy admits, athletes, and the economically poor through specific target programs. And, this is important, their kids have lost an edge by being good (not stellar) students or athletes --that there is no way the playing field is level for rich, non-connected students who can do the work of the colleges that they bribed. I would dare to say that the kids have also had the "it's not fair" feeling. I know that kids have these kinds of thoughts because I have seen it when I worked in a school with predominantly well-off families and I see it with my economically challenged students (who don't fit a neat high achieving, highly desirable so they get less aid then they need).

For many schools it is not about too stupid but there are many who have a profile just like them. Schools are awash in great candidates, good candidates with a great essay and/or scores. It really can be a crap shoot. I have known kids with a 35 ACT score (in one case--36 math, 36 science, 32 English, 33 Reading) and an awesome essays who did not get into any Ivies and only one of the elite liberals arts schools. Some of these kids could be smart and do well or okay at these schools. I have always been averse to saying the kids were stupid or incapable of being a good student. I don't know them. But, I know the application system is complex with many great kids who don't get in through the process even though they deserve it or could handle the school work.

I personally would never say a child was too stupid but if i was said child involved in this and my Parents did this. That would be the message. I was too stupid for their ego. That was my only point about stupidity. At the end of the day who behaved "stupidly" LOL

Bravo wrote,"Oh I know I just feel incredibly sorry for those who worked hard and deserved that spot."

I do, too.

Bravo wrote, "I personally would never say a child was too stupid but if i was said child involved in this and my Parents did this. That would be the message. I was too stupid for their ego. That was my only point about stupidity. At the end of the day who behaved "stupidly" LOL"

Absolutely true in my book as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members