MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #3

my firxt thought was that the video was not harmful to the defense and didnt
help the prosecution
Kind of a wash.
It might help the prosecution in that he said he noticed a woman with a cellphone up to her ear and her other hand in the air. So it sounds like she didn't quietly sneak up on them unexpectedly--she was making herself known and waving them down.
It might help the defense in that Noor was the one who told him he could keep recording as long as he stepped to the side. So it appears Noor wasn't trying to hide anything.
Smoking pot and having several shots of whiskey before coming to the scene might make the jurors wonder how reliable any of his testimony is.

Kind of a wash.
It might help the prosecution in that he said he noticed a woman with a cellphone up to her ear and her other hand in the air. So it sounds like she didn't quietly sneak up on them unexpectedly--she was making herself known and waving them down.
It might help the defense in that Noor was the one who told him he could keep recording as long as he stepped to the side. So it appears Noor wasn't trying to hide anything.
Smoking pot and having several shots of whiskey before coming to the scene might make the jurors wonder how reliable any of his testimony is.

Good points!!!!

Prosecutors on Tuesday attacked the credibility of Minneapolis police Sgt. Shannon Barnette, the supervisor on the scene after officer Mohamed Noor shot and killed 911 caller Justine Ruszczyk.

Barnette has emerged as a key figure in the trial of Noor, who faces murder and manslaughter charges in Ruszczyk's 2017 shooting death. She has refused to cooperate with a state investigation into the shooting.

According to trial witnesses and prosecutors, Barnette deactivated her body camera multiple times during the night of the shooting, jumped to conclusions about whether Noor and his partner had been startled before Noor shot, and told another officer that Ruszczyk was "probably a drunk or a drug addict" after she was killed.

Toxicology tests showed Ruszczyk did not have any alcohol or drugs in her system.

Noor trial: Prosecution raps police supervisor who shut off bodycam

Something stinks and it's not the week old tuna in my fridge.
Isn't it just astounding how the body cams can just be on and off again without any reason????

US police supervisor's credibility questioned in murder trial for Justine Damond Ruszczyk

Sergeant Barnette was tasked with getting the basic facts before handing them over to an investigative agency, the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA).

But in a Minneapolis court on Tuesday (local time), prosecutors suggested Sergeant Barnette was more concerned with protecting Mr Noor.
Prosecutor Amy Sweasy asked Sergeant Barnette why she switched off her body camera before speaking to Mr Noor.

Sergeant Barnette was unable to offer an explanation besides claiming it was a "private conversation".

The body cameras used by Minneapolis police only store the last 30 seconds of vision — without audio — when they have been switched off.

A silent video was played in court and showed Sergeant Barnette talking to Mr Noor in the passenger seat of a squad car.

In the video, Mr Noor appears to raise both hands and aim in what the prosecution alleged was a simulation of the shooting.

Sergeant Barnette denied he demonstrated anything or that the conversation went beyond her asking how he was feeling.

Prosecutors slam US police supervisor who turned off bodycam after Sydney woman was shot

The lies!!
This is such BS here. Why should LE be allowed to ever shut off a body cam or dash cam, ever, ever, ever!!!!

Isn't it just astounding how the body cams can just be on and off again without any reason????

Where I work, I am constantly on camera. I have no choice. The police officers shouldn't be able to turn on and off the cameras at will. The only difference is that I don't wear a body cam. I am only off during lunch and my bathroom breaks.

Kind of a wash.
It is kind of a wash. My guess is that the prosecution just put him on the stand to get his info out there, so that the defense couldn't call him later to try to claim something was covered up.

Noor trial: Officer's partner takes stand to detail Ruszczyk shooting

He added that he didn't want to "mess with" his body camera if someone was going to "jump out" at him, but that he also didn't think the possibility of threat was high enough to require him to turn it on.
We will see what else Harrity testifies to. However, so far, I don't think it helps Noor. I don't care how scared you are or if you are a police officer. You can't just shoot someone that walks up to your car or surprises you. That IS manslaughter.

We will see what else Harrity testifies to. However, so far, I don't think it helps Noor. I don't care how scared you are or if you are a police officer. You can't just shoot someone that walks up to your car or surprises you. That IS manslaughter.

I think Harrity is going to do everything he can with his testimony to get Noor acquitted

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back