Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Leah’s family can find some moments of peace and enjoyment in Easter Sunday.

I may not be posting much but Leah will often be in my thoughts today.
Good morning to all WebSleuthers!
I will admit I have not read the entire thread(s) on Leah. My first thought was whether the family had been able to get her phone records to see if she had been using her phone in the area that people were stating they had seen someone resembling her, crying and talking on the phone? Does anyone know if family or police have accessed her phone records?

There has been no mention any where about any one accessing Leah's phone records.
I personally think the police have accessed everything they are able.

Good morning to all WebSleuthers!
I will admit I have not read the entire thread(s) on Leah. My first thought was whether the family had been able to get her phone records to see if she had been using her phone in the area that people were stating they had seen someone resembling her, crying and talking on the phone? Does anyone know if family or police have accessed her phone records?

It's standard practice for the police to check phone records of a missing person. It's known when the phone was turned off, info which would have come from the provider.

The lack of press coverage has been mentioned on many posts and how strange it is.
I personally think it is not the press being unresponsive but that they have been asked not to publish articles about Leah.

The papers like stories the public like to read and missing young girls interest readers,especially local papers about a local girl.

The lack of press coverage has been mentioned on many posts and how strange it is.
I personally think it is not the press being unresponsive but that they have been asked not to publish articles about Leah.

The papers like stories the public like to read and missing young girls interest readers,especially local papers about a local girl.

I'm not disagreeing with you re LE possibly restricting some reporting, but aside from this our local press is really poor. MK Citizen and MKFM are always behind and v brief. Heart is not easy to find much on. FB pages for the press are also bad, especially is compared say to Hull Live. I have no idea why this is but it's v noticeable if you follow cases elsewhere. Their reporting of Leah is extremely passive. All MOO ofc.

In all honesty we only have one local newspaper in Milton Keynes and it’s pretty much on its knees. I think they are mainly relying on free lance journalists at the moment.
A lot of national papers pick their stories from local press so that may be another factor in this not hitting the headlines.
What is the angle for the story when there are no leads? What can the police investigate without any new information? All they can do is keep appealing for people who may have seen her in the hope that she is then captured on camera as a confirmed sighting.
Someone, somewhere knows something but I fear until somebody is brave and speaks up Leah will remain missing.

Thank you.That is interesting about the local press.
I thought the nationals would be keen to get an exclusive especially as Leah is a martial arts champion.
I do wonder if the martial arts champion bit makes it less newsworthy. Although her dad clarified in the radio interview that her skill is not in fighting but in patterns (not even sure what that is) to the general public martial arts champion and gone missing implies gone of her own accord (which I really do hope is the case). Just a thought.

I thought the opposite!
I thought it would give added interest to newspaper readers and emphasise she had focus in her life so would not just disappear.
But this is why it is so good to discuss things here and be able to give our own views and think about other people's different ideas

I wonder if she is as commited to her martial arts as her family think or if she felt some pressure to participate especially from her dad. Not seen anything to suggest that's the case by the way but just wondered how much pressure she was under.

Re journalists and the lack of press coverage, I agree the local media in Libby's case were really good at keeping the focus on the investigation and keeping her in the headlines.

I do think the standard of journalism is slipping these days, maybe it's the pressure to keep the local press web pages up to date or something but my spaniel could write a more accurate article than some of the journalists that write for my local rag.

They printed an article last week about a murder victim and accidently named the guy they had arrested and questioned for over 48 hours before bailing! By the time they got around to corrcting it his name was all over Facebook.

I did wonder myself how much pressure Leah was under to perform well in martial arts competitions.
Does Haydon still perform?Does he have any championship titles.

I do wonder if the martial arts champion bit makes it less newsworthy. Although her dad clarified in the radio interview that her skill is not in fighting but in patterns (not even sure what that is) to the general public martial arts champion and gone missing implies gone of her own accord (which I really do hope is the case). Just a thought.

Patterns are choreographed routines of set moves (punches, kicks and stances). As you go through the rankings the patterns get more complicated, with more moves and more complicated moves. In ITF taekwondo they are supposed to tell a story, related to the person they are named after - important and historical Korean figures. I don't know if it's the same in WTF taekwondo, the style Leah studied but I'd imagine it's similar.

I think the only thing that is being done is the family handing out leaflets.
perhaps someone local might be able to say if they have updated any information on them.

Thank you so much for information about taekwondo. Is there a difference between male and female moves?

In the martial arts I have done, the only real difference is press ups which males do on their toes and females and youngsters on their knees generally. There are moves that appeal more to males or appeal more to females. I would probably do a heal palm strike, a male would be more likely to punch but it depends in the individual. Men in our classes were generally taller so favoured certain techniques; the fitter people favoured different things that the less fit people.

The curriculum is the same for males and females.

Our martial arts isn't taekwondo but I have done some. In our club, the under 12s get much sleeker doing martial arts even just once a week with their other physical activities. Their stamina improves too as you would expect compared to a similar age who is active but not part of some kind of routine sports club. There is a lot of repetition so if they are attending all their classes and doing some of the fitness daily they become excellent as part of a natural progression. If Leah had the opportunity to go to a class 3 times a week and lives at home with someone knowledgeable to answer questions as they crop up, I don't think there would be such an undue pressure from sources other than herself. (Of course, I guess everyone goes through stages of finding regular commitments tricky when there are so many other things to experience in the world). Anyway, this is just my own opinion.

I think the only thing that is being done is the family handing out leaflets.
perhaps someone local might be able to say if they have updated any information on them.
Posters are still going up locally with the reward now detailed. I see them everywhere I go. I don’t think leaflets are still being handed out (although I might be wrong).
Locally it’s still something that’s very much on everyone’s mind. Everyone I speak to, seems to know someone who knows someone who knows either Leah or the family and there seem to be lots of rumours flying around. My personal opinion is that there may be small grains if truth in some of them but Chinese whispers rules seem to suggest most are exaggerated or made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53