Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly known / respected in the religious community?

Yeah, that reference to the movie was very strange. He mentioned it, but then just totally moved on and didn't State even in the rest of the sentence or afterwards why he mentioned it. Was he just mentioning a shack, and wanted to use those words of a shack? Because we do know that there was a Shack in the investigation. If I recall correctly. It was on someone's property that was mentioned in Threads. If no one has time to translate in the next 24 hours, tomorrow I will have time to go back and possibly translate what was said about that in the presser.

ETA.. Below in another post I have translated it is because it was very short in the presser. Scrolling down

Last edited:
Sgt. Carter corrected himself, the vehicle was seen on the 13th.

As I've stated in this and other threads, a woman saw a white pick-up truck by the abandoned building late that morning or around Noon, as she was heading into Delphi for lunch.

The building was razed almost a year ago (2018).

All in all, a strange press conference. We are hearing the family was given this news today and left 'angry'. There is an LE official who is extremely emotional while talking but, quite frankly, the "new" info released does not match the emotions noted for the family or the LE official. The video and audio files are not much more than already seen/heard especially after some WS members linked the known photos together to create a .gif. The info on the abandoned vehicle is very limited so what exactly caused the elevated emotions for family and LE?

Last edited:
I think the family left in tears because it must be a shock to find out that there was an abandoned car LE knew about all along as well as a completely different face involved in this.

Imagine how they felt seeing a sketch that shows a clean shaven face with a long chin instead of that bulbous nose we all know so well now? Also, hearing that the age is 18-40 must also be a complete surprise to them.

We are all feeling the shock in processing this new info and none of us are family....they have a new face to hate and now have to second guess everyone they know who may resemble that face.

It must be absolutely horrendous to see the face of the person who murdered your loved one. My heart breaks for them. I hope the media leaves them alone as requested.

Thank you to all of you for your updates and posts. I hope it won’t be long till we get an arrest.

They say the car was abandoned on the 13th.
Police are also seeking information about the owner of a vehicle that was found abandoned on February 13, 2017, at the former CPS DCS welfare building off of 300 North. There is no description yet of the car. Meanwhile, new audio and video of the killer has been released by the Indiana State Police.
From the presser, they are seeking information on a vehicle abandoned from 12-5 February 14th- That is the day the girls were found. Correct me if I am wrong!MOO

Not sure of the distance between the abandoned vehicle and the bridge but maybe this is where the bad guy parked the day he commited the crime then was afraid to return to vechile leaving it abandoned....maybe walking home or calling a wife or friend for a ride, that would leave LE to believe he's local and the think someone close to this person knows (calling for ride).

I thought maybe, but the 18-40 age difference is so vague. Doesn't DNA Parabon give a smaller age range than that?

Parabon is interesting but it provides a snapshot based on ancestry only. It reveals how someone might physically appear only based on their racial ancestry, given various races have common features. But as our DNA doesn’t change throughout our lifetime, Parabon is unable to determine things such as age or weight which can often be a huge variable. ie a 300 lb 20 year old with brown hair would appear quite different at the age of 65, 175 lb, grey hair but without any other identifying information, Parabon alone wouldn’t be able to determine the difference.

It seems to have been more successful in identifying others within a family tree through DNA similarities, pointing LE in the right direction through known relatives.

JMO

So wait, the girls were presumably murdered on the 13th and found around noon on the 14th? And the abandoned car was abandoned between noon and 5pm on the 14th? So he was still driving around in the car until the girls were found? Then he parked it and booked it out of there? Where did he go? Did someone pick him up? Did he hitchhike? If he's local did he just walk home? This confuses me, I feel like I'm missing something vital here?

Thank you for bringing up the point that he was talking about the day after the murders. I thought he was talking about the day of the murders! I totally missed that. Thank you again.

ETA, correcting this as down thread they are saying that it was corrected later in the presser, and it was on the 13th he was talking about. Not the day after the murder, but the day of the murder. See the correction down thread but I came back and corrected this post for people who are coming in late.

Last edited:
The voice on the recording doesn’t sound close to 18 to me. If I had to guess I’d say 35 at the minimum. Also, the term “guys” and the way he said it makes me think he’s accustomed to dealing with kids as a parent, uncle, teacher, coach, whatever. I don’t think he will be the loner type.

But I’m almost always wrong......

Sgt. Carter corrected himself, the vehicle was seen on the 13th.

As I've stated in this and other threads, a woman saw a white pick-up truck by the abandoned building late that morning or around Noon, as she was heading into Delphi for lunch.

The building was razed almost a year ago (2018).
Ok, that makes a lot more sense.

A car seen the following day, could have belonged to someone participating in the search.

A car parked on the day of the murders, is a hell of a lot more relevant.

It must be absolutely horrendous to see the face of the person who murdered your loved one. My heart breaks for them. I hope the media leaves them alone as requested.

Thank you to all of you for your updates and posts. I hope it won’t be long till we get an arrest.
Maybe family recognizes sketch.

Great point. Did someone make a last minute request to take the day off today as soon as it was announced that there would be a press conference today?

Or did someone call in sick this morning?

And how is that person going to react when the key points from the presser are replayed on the news tonight? Does he want to watch? Is he scared that if the other people in the house watch that they'll look at him and see him in the sketch? So does he try to make sure they don't see the news tonight?

What about work tomorrow? Will he go in and risk someone recognising him now? Will he try to sound cocky and send out false information and say "yeah, I do look like that image but police already talked to me and cleared me, so there's no need to call in with my name!" Will he try and point the finger at someone else, claim that it looks like someone he ran into two years ago?

All this makes me think it is some one who has been a ‘confortor’ someone expressing support. The movie/book, the opening comments by the cop ‘you welcomed us, wrapped your arms around us’ kind of talk. ‘Till my last days on this earth’, Easter timing. A preacher maybe?

The "Shack" reference is really very interested.
From Wiki: "In 2006, Young worked with Wayne Jacobsen, Brad Cummings (both former pastors from Los Angeles) and Bobby Downes (filmmaker) to bring the book to publication."

Los Angeles, pastoral...hmm...

His emotion when he speaks to
The community about embracing the family is very telling. IMO- like you (perp) took advantage of his community.
IMO- perp is a family menber- that’s why he is so emotional when he is speaking almost like he is shocked himself .

I agree! I honestly feel they were extremely upset bc they recognized the face of the suspect and not bc they are upset with LE and the direction of the investigation....all JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa