IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 1: Where is #AndrewFreund? The 5-year-old’s father spoke with me yesterday morning. Just minutes ago @CrystalLakePD released the 5 minute long 911 recording of the 5yo’s dad reporting his son‘s disappearance nearly a week ago. @fox32news

Tia A. Ewing on Twitter

(Audio at link)

Part 2: Where is #AndrewFreund? The 5-year-old’s father spoke with me yesterday morning. Just minutes ago @CrystalLakePD released the 5 minute long 911 recording of the 5yo’s dad reporting his son‘s disappearance nearly a week ago. @fox32news

Tia A. Ewing on Twitter

(Audio at link)

I find it really odd how hard the mother fights to get the kids back. You’d expect that how deep she is with drugs - I mean needles? I’m def. suspecting fentanyl patches as the “prescriptions meds” or some injectable opioid. Normally those people tend to just let people take the kids. So you guys are saying she gets money from having kids? How would she make money to support her addiction? It doesn’t seem like she has any capability to work - neither does the father. And she was going to pay for his law services by providing him with drugs? Where is her money coming from to buy them?

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you do. It’s got to be a very hard job. I know your hands are tied in some cases because of stupid laws in place. I’m in CA it’s even worse here. Child murders monthly in our state.

Since the brother P is in DCFS now does that mean food stamps and other welfare that was going for P stop since out of parents care? What about subsidy’s for AJ since he is missing not in the home does it stop for him as well?

If it has stopped I’m sure parents flipping out they need that for their drugs.

Benefits, Medicaid, food stamps, TANF continue during foster care, paid to the foster family.

That is one problem, entitlement programs are usually tied to having dependents. The Mother may be eligible for all benefits while pregnant.

The mother can apply for Medicaid and food stamps. TANF requires naming the father, SS obtains a court order for paternity testing, then judge orders child support be paid by the father.
Many are on SSI, currently $771. ,disability due to mental health, no additional funds are paid for dependants/children. SSI can NOT be garnished for any reason. SSA (retirement) can be garnished up to,10% of benefit for child support.

I find it really odd how hard the mother fights to get the kids back. You’d expect that how deep she is with drugs - I mean needles? I’m def. suspecting fentanyl patches as the “prescriptions meds” or some injectable opioid. Normally those people tend to just let people take the kids. So you guys are saying she gets money from having kids? How would she make money to support her addiction? It doesn’t seem like she has any capability to work - neither does the father. And she was going to pay for his law services by providing him with drugs? Where is her money coming from to buy them?

Most children receive TANF, about $ 170.00 per month and the family cap is around 570. A lot work under the table for cash, housework/yard, sell scrap metal, steal, whatever they can.

I'm trying so hard not to be snarky but mom may be getting 3 meals a day soon and a clean place to "live." If not, she's pregnant so she'll probably still qualify for some aid (food stamps, Medicaid, and WIC). I don't know how it works in IL but here you get a debit card with you food stamps and TNFA loaded on there. I don't know what happens if they lose the card, it gets stolen, or gives it to someone. I'm sure they track that so if one has theirs "stolen" more than once that would be a red flag.

Yeap, jail does provide meals and usually the bare minimum... sandwich for breakfast, lunch, dinner, might have meat/beans. Most local jails are overcrowded and funds are stretched to the limit. They usually do not provide routine medication and do accept prescriptions directly from a pharmacy.
SSI/SSA, Medicaid, TANF stop paying benefits during incarceration.

I have never figured out why bad Mothers continue to have more children. Do they like being pregnant? Do they like the attention of having a new baby? Are they just lazy and don't take birth control?

Reminds me of Diane Downs, who shot her children, and was pregnant AGAIN during her trial!

Unpopular opinion alert:
Please don’t read this as a defense of any one particular person, but I think that women/mothers with addiction are just trying their best to live their lives and generally want “the best” for their kids but really are not equipped to provide it in their addicted state. I think babies are hope. Hope for a fresh start. I think many of these women have periods of recovery and periods of relapse. I don’t think that addiction diminishes the love that a mother has for her children and her desire to keep that connection. I think that the desire to do right just gets lost to addiction. I guess that I am trying to say that saying all addicts get pregnant for the monetary benefits is too simplistic. I know a few addicts and under all the drugs they are really decent people who can’t get it together because they are under the thumb of these drugs.

I don’t think this means that the treatment these kids got in this case and many others is acceptable. It isn’t. They should have had these kids taken away a long time ago. But to make it seem like all addicts are evil people who use kids to make money doesn’t ring true to me. MOO. Hoping for some new leads today and some concrete evidence.

Most children receive TANF, about $ 170.00 per month and the family cap is around 570. A lot work under the table for cash, housework/yard, sell scrap metal, steal, whatever they can.

There is a time cap for TANF benefits
You cannot collect indefinitely and you have programs you have to work to receive

Also, we’re does SSI come in? Do we know the mother is on disability? Or is this just speculation?

Unpopular opinion alert:
Please don’t read this as a defense of any one particular person, but I think that women/mothers with addiction are just trying their best to live their lives and generally want “the best” for their kids but really are not equipped to provide it in their addicted state. I think babies are hope. Hope for a fresh start. I think many of these women have periods of recovery and periods of relapse. I don’t think that addiction diminishes the love that a mother has for her children and her desire to keep that connection. I think that the desire to do right just gets lost to addiction. I guess that I am trying to say that saying all addicts get pregnant for the monetary benefits is too simplistic. I know a few addicts and under all the drugs they are really decent people who can’t get it together because they are under the thumb of these drugs.

I don’t think this means that the treatment these kids got in this case and many others is acceptable. It isn’t. They should have had these kids taken away a long time ago. But to make it seem like all addicts are evil people who use kids to make money doesn’t ring true to me. MOO. Hoping for some new leads today and some concrete evidence.

I agree with you. Every addict and situation is very different as are the different drugs that one may be addicted to.

Duchess- might you have info in the trash pickup schedule in the area?
What is the trash pickup schedule for the area? Was the trash pickup prior to Thursday morning? Any one in LE group checking this out, talking with trash pickup drivers? What about surveillance cameras on nearby homes/streets the week of the disappearance, to spot certain cars coming and going and the times?

What is the trash pickup schedule for the area? Was the trash pickup prior to Thursday morning? Any one in LE group checking this out, talking with trash pickup drivers? What about surveillance cameras on nearby homes/streets the week of the disappearance, to spot certain cars coming and going and the times?
The Village of Crystal Lake has NO trash pick up schedule posted on their website and it's not available through the website of their trash company (contracted out). It probably varies by neighborhood like ours does in a village to the south of them.

There is a time cap for TANF benefits
You cannot collect indefinitely and you have programs you have to work to receive

Also, we’re does SSI come in? Do we know the mother is on disability? Or is this just speculation?

TANF, they can and do obtain a medical wavior and not work.

Social Security requires 40 quarters of paying into the system to collect full benefits. SSI is a supplement income for those that did not work or do not have enough quarters to claim a full SSDA benefit.

Example... If disable

Full 771.00 if never worked.

Say I worked 20 quarters and claim 240.00 from Social Security Disability, SSI will kick in and pay the difference up to 771.00.
SSDA 240.00 plus SSI of 531.00 equalling total of 771.00 max.

Most drug addicts are diagnosed with mental health or physical disabilities and do claim benefits. They need the disability diagnosis to avoid working under TANF, Medicaid, and most other benefits. Its the gateway to most services.

I do not know what benefits the mother is receiving.

Likely making money from theft. Father was picked up for shoplifting at Kohl's not too long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann