Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, unless the therapist had reason to believe future victims are at risk.
I think in some states therapists are mandated reporters when it comes to any homicide or sex crime if there has been a specific person and instance conveyed. If someone just said they did the crime without specifics they cannot report in a lot of cases.

Not that heavy.com is the most reliable source. Here is comments on the female witness...

Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

This is going back, but from what I’m reading the search began when they were reported missing on the 13th, is that correct? On that day did the searchers search the area they were later found at the next day? I’m just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on whether their bodies were put there right away after they went missing, or were they put there after the searchers stopped for the night on the 13th.

Sorry if this has been discussed, I’m trying to get a good idea of how everything occurred with the search. I’ve been following since the beginning but forget a lot of what’s been covered on here over the past two years!

Wasn't aware of that, but still feel like the mention of it was a way of speaking directly to one specific person. That's all I was getting at :)

I understand what you were saying. But it's not off the wall either. A person lying about an alibi could slip up and not realize the movie they claim they watched had not even been released yet, especially if they were asked about it after the movie was out and they had actually seen it...just not on the date they claim they saw it.

I now understand why the families were upset and angry.
On Monday, LE introduces a new sketch. Downgrades the old sketch to “secondary”. Implies they are of the same guy but specifically points to the new sketch as the killer. No ifs, no ands, no buts. Later, the sketch artist tells us the new sketch is actually old...done on 2/17/17 from a witness reporting something they thought needed reporting.
On Wednesday, LE tells us to forget that old sketch, the one we have all seared in our brains for almost two years. The new sketch is of BG who is the killer. It looks more like the killer on the bridge(how do they know, how can they tell?) It was derived from new information(from 2017?).
Insane. This is not good.
Wave goodbye to the credibility train as it heads down the track leaving Delphi.

Here’s what I’m so freaking irritated about: Imo the voice is not that of a young person. Can someone please explain this?

Wasn't aware of that, but still feel like the mention of it was a way of speaking directly to one specific person. That's all I was getting at :)

Welcome Chartini, a newbie. :):):)
Beaut you're here to try and solve this horrid mystery.

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies
[...]

On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person.
529128ff-77dc-41e6-9701-9c290f44ef0b-handout.jpg

The new composite drawing released by officials on Monday, April 22 of the person suspected in the Delphi Murders. (Photo: Composite by Indiana State police)

Riley also said Wednesday that the original sketch – released in the summer of 2017, showing a man with a goatee and a driving cap – is “not presently a person of interest in this investigation.”

According to an ISP release, the new sketch of the clean-shaven man “is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.”

[...]

In ISP’s attempt to clarify on Wednesday, Riley wrote that investigators’ initial belief that “a person in the age range of his 40s to 50s was a person of interest in this murder investigation.”

[...]

The new sketch features what police called a man with “a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20s to late-30s.”

[...]

Here’s what I’m so freaking irritated about: Imo the voice is not that of a young person. Can someone please explain this?
It’s a muffled voice recorded from a phone that was apparently in Libby’s pocket. It was also recorded outdoors.

I don’t think the recording is long enough to make a determination as to age.

I tend to agree with you though.

yLsDMSd

As a long time geocacher, can I share some thoughts and a story that is probably not going to help at all?
Story - it's long winded and I'm sorry:
I was caching with my husband and friends back in 2009 in Santa Barbara, CA. We are from NY and were visiting CA and did not know the streets or area. We saw there was a cache at the gates of Neverland Ranch and one right down the road called "Troll under the bridge". We found the Neverland cache and signed the log - each cache has a sheet or piece of paper which you sign your handle under the last person and then put the date down. We then sealed it back up and hid it again for the next cacher. We went to head down the street for the other cache but we saw it was under a bridge with water flowing. It was rated higher in difficulty and there was a bicycle at the trail entrance. We figured someone was already there and didn't know if it were a "Muggle" (someone who does not cache and would find us suspicious/disturb the cache after we left) and we didn't want to piggyback their find (walk up on someone who has found it and just sign the log without doing the searching or helping) and it was getting late so we decided to skip it and we left town.
Well, we got phone calls two days later from the Santa Barbara PD. They asked us if we were Ursamajr and (friends handles) which was odd since Geocaching is anonymous unless you put your name in you profile. They had contacted Geocaching and received our info because they found a missing boy deceased at the "Troll under the bridge" cache. If we had decided to get that cache we would have found him. He had signed the log for the Neverland cache right before we did and they wanted to know if we were involved somehow.

Thoughts:
If Abby and Libby were Geocaching they would know by checking the log and they probably would investigate the other names above or below theirs and names on caches in the area. I think they also would know if they were Geocachers because I'm sure their parents would know; there aren't many caches in Delphi, they would need to be driven since they are spread out (i will attach a pic of geocaches in the area); they would find the App on Libby's phone.

I just checked and the Highbridge cache has been reactivated. It had been disabled after their deaths. The comments are pretty interesting and will give you a feel for the area and bridge - also a good feel for the other trails in the area. In the latest log, the geocacher says they tried but the bridge but they were both to chicken to cross.

Anyway, I hope this wasn't too meaningless.
Image attached and the Highbridge cache is all the way on the right.
yLsDMSd.png

script>
7e5a6243-4f12-4722-8db9-df7a378a8b2d.jpg

Sorry I don’t want to spend time multiquoting ...but I do agree with majority of your here! This new sketch throws everything off considering the voice and the still shots look much more like a middle aged man!!! I’m still set on ages 35-45!!! Before the new sketch I was more set on 40-55, but seriously, can’t go much younger considering the video footage tells a completely different age range?

Cartini - interesting thought about the movie being the alibi. Posters here have written that the movie came out a month after the murders. Seems that alibi would have been easy to check. Maybe this was the information that was there all along, but a light bulb went off in someone's head most recently. Good thought.

So, like, hypothetically someone gives this alibi a couple months after the murder (and after the movie came out) and Carter is recently watching the movie and realizes the alibi was BS because the movie wasn't out yet?

I'm envisioning a moment like at the end of Usual Suspects when the guy has the realization and drops his coffee cup in shock and it dramatically shatters on the floor.

While I highly, highly doubt this is actually what happened, it's such a weird outside-the-box theory and I really like it.

Honestly it makes as much sense as anything else I've read related to the relevance of that movie in this case (which, to be clear, I don't think had any significance beyond Carter having seen it recently and being inspired or something by it).

My opinion atm, and sorry to sound like Debbie Downer, is that they’re not any closer to catching BG. Moo. I hope I’m wrong. This PC seemed like a step back and not a step forward. Again I could be totally totally wrong. I’m not one to usually be Negative Nellie. In fact I can’t recall ever making such a statement.

Gosh, I hope you’re wrong too and I don’t think you’d mind. :)

What gives me hope - I think that this person is believed to have been the driver of the car parked near the Monon Bridge Trail between noon and 5pm on Feb 13, 2017 is a step forward. If there’s any hope of prosecution, that it can be proven the suspect was in the immediate area of the murders is better than having nothing. Far better than say, a suspect from hundreds of miles away with no proof he was ever in Delphi on Feb 13th, 2017 or a week before or a week later, especially if DNA was found but not directly on the bodies.

Secondly, that LE know this car was parked suggests they’re aware of at least some identifying feature such as colour, if not exact make, year and model and considering they withheld any information about the identity of the car offers faint hope they’ve other incriminating evidence as well.

Last edited:
yLsDMSd

As a long time geocacher, can I share some thoughts and a story that is probably not going to help at all?
Story - it's long winded and I'm sorry:
I was caching with my husband and friends back in 2009 in Santa Barbara, CA. We are from NY and were visiting CA and did not know the streets or area. We saw there was a cache at the gates of Neverland Ranch and one right down the road called "Troll under the bridge". We found the Neverland cache and signed the log - each cache has a sheet or piece of paper which you sign your handle under the last person and then put the date down. We then sealed it back up and hid it again for the next cacher. We went to head down the street for the other cache but we saw it was under a bridge with water flowing. It was rated higher in difficulty and there was a bicycle at the trail entrance. We figured someone was already there and didn't know if it were a "Muggle" (someone who does not cache and would find us suspicious/disturb the cache after we left) and we didn't want to piggyback their find (walk up on someone who has found it and just sign the log without doing the searching or helping) and it was getting late so we decided to skip it and we left town.
Well, we got phone calls two days later from the Santa Barbara PD. They asked us if we were Ursamajr and (friends handles) which was odd since Geocaching is anonymous unless you put your name in you profile. They had contacted Geocaching and received our info because they found a missing boy deceased at the "Troll under the bridge" cache. If we had decided to get that cache we would have found him. He had signed the log for the Neverland cache right before we did and they wanted to know if we were involved somehow.

Thoughts:
If Abby and Libby were Geocaching they would know by checking the log and they probably would investigate the other names above or below theirs and names on caches in the area. I think they also would know if they were Geocachers because I'm sure their parents would know; there aren't many caches in Delphi, they would need to be driven since they are spread out (i will attach a pic of geocaches in the area); they would find the App on Libby's phone.

I just checked and the Highbridge cache has been reactivated. It had been disabled after their deaths. The comments are pretty interesting and will give you a feel for the area and bridge - also a good feel for the other trails in the area. In the latest log, the geocacher says they tried but the bridge but they were both to chicken to cross.

Anyway, I hope this wasn't too meaningless.
Image attached and the Highbridge cache is all the way on the right.
yLsDMSd.png

script>

Ursamajr, thank you for alerting us to the intricacies/complexity involved in Geocaching
Wow, this could be another path being investigated if the girls followed such interests.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members