Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe he chose them because he knew they would first be suspected runaways and that would buy him some time.
I think he chose them because they were easy targets.

Small, young, vulnerable.

They also fit whatever he was looking for in a victim. It’s possible that he’s a pedophile, but he doesn’t have to be.

Any female could have been at risk.

Abby and Libby Delphi Suspect Video Stabilized
Gray Hughes video

Yet another great job by Gray. Not sure if I'm imagining it but it seems at the end BG is changing direction to come towards the girls. Terrifying.

I trust LE with the new sketch because I can’t imagine them taking a drastic change in course without some compelling evidence. The problem, though, is most people would agree that the first sketch seems to fit the person in the grainy photo/video clip more. Maybe we have made our brains believe that the person in the video looks just like the old sketch ( hat, chubbier face, etc) so being presented with a completely different sketch is going to take some time to get used to.

I’m sitting here looking at the clip and trying to convince myself that the only reason I don’t see a longer chin is because BG is hiding it by having his head down. Sigh.

I still wonder if the new sketch might have something more to do with a change in strategy....words of LE...rather than a change in what BG looks like. Perhaps the strategy is to push BG into cracking...because the sketch looks like someone personal. However, if the sketch was really drawn in Feb of 2017 & not released, then it doesn’t make sense to me either.

However, there must be something very concrete to make them switch directions so radically. I’m staying optimistic.

Listen carefully to some of the details of this old press conference:

I found some interesting tidbits in the smaller conversations in the begin and transitions between speakers, etc.

After my prior post, I saw this:

"On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person. Riley also said Wednesday that the original sketch – released in the summer of 2017, showing a man with a goatee and a driving cap – is “not presently a person of interest in this investigation.”

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

So, they release the video of BG, WS loses their minds over the hat, whether he has a goatee, etc.
Then a sketch comes out, of a guy wearing one of the discussed hats, sporting a goatee, coat or hoodie up around his neck, and looking quite similar to what BG MAY look like when compared to that grainy video.

But - nah. That sketch was someone else entirely.
Now we think it was the BRIDGE GUY that killed the girls (given that the prior sketch was NOT bridge guy), he has a long chin and curly hair.
k!

So bizarre.
I'm not bashing LE, at all. But this is so bizarre to me.
The fact it was so bizarre and drastic is what gives me hope! Something major caused seasoned investigators to change course. MOO

Last edited:
It's possible, they have the file as "motion fix" so all they did was run a stabilization really; at least in the video. Also they did nothing to the contrast, exposure etc. They basically ran it through lightroom from the looks of it, also looks like they tried to clear some jpeg artifacts which I also did on a few. The pixels I pointed out came from the video that I screen shotted myself. If they have some hidden better version of any of this stuff; they are only hurting the case by not releasing it and making us speculate on this.

There’s an early interview on video....going by memory here because I’ll never be able to find it. But one of the officers speaking (ISP or Carroll county, can’t recall) said they often got the suggestion to let the FBI digital experts help to produce a better photo. He was somewhat chuckling as he described what they had to work with at the onset, “a blurry mess” iirc and that’s when he mentioned assistance from Disney and NASA even had been sought, who assumably employ the best digital experts in the country. So I don’t think there’s anything else worthy of releasing.

The fact it was so bizarre and drastic is what gives me hope! Something major caused seasoned investigators to change course. MOO
Agreed. The optics aren’t good, and no law enforcement organization wants to make the announcement they made.

This was a very big deal, and has some solid basis.

Not a guess. Not a feeling. Not a fishing expedition.

I still wonder if the new sketch might have something more to do with a change in strategy....words of LE...rather than a change in what BG looks like. Perhaps the strategy is to push BG into cracking...because the sketch looks like someone personal. However, if the sketch was really drawn in Feb of 2017 & not released, then it doesn’t make sense to me either.

However, there must be something very concrete to make them switch directions so radically. I’m staying optimistic.

Listen carefully to some of the details of this old press conference:

I found some interesting tidbits in the smaller conversations in the begin and transitions between speakers, etc.

Yes, change in “strategy”. That’s a good way of describing it, I was trying to think of this word earlier.

Ok so there were two different men seen that day??

Thiiiiiisss is what has been bugging me as well.

I'm so confused. Was he saying the old abandoned building meaning at the current time or referencing it that way because that's how it's referred to now that it's been demolished.
It's such an important detail!

Oh sorry, I get what you mean. Was it abandoned in Feb, 2017? Yes it’d be interesting to know if it was.

something is wrong with the hat/hood. It's too pointy in a couple of places. Maybe a hat with a bill under it.

I am just now getting to view all of your enhancements, so I'm sorry if this type of discussion is long passed...however, does anyone else maybe see a backwards camo baseball-style cap? Maybe even a flat bill? With the back of the cap being pulled low over his eyes like some of the younger kids do? Now I've been here since the beginning, so believe me, I know the discussions about what may/may not be in these images has been beaten to death and is frustrating to some... However, my biggest issue with the new sketch is the curly hair. I've always seen straight, brownish hair with his crown exposed at the top of his head. Others often saw different types of hats. Now I'm going in reverse and questioning whether or not that's really his hair. If this sketch is based on who a witness saw him, why is it curly??
search
Distressed Camo Baseball Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads