Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel Carter's emotions were 100% authentic. JMO.

I’m WAY behind but wanted to post this now as I came across it, my apologies if it’s been mentioned. I don’t doubt that some of his emotions and his gestures were scripted, but it appeared to me that he was sweating, and at times rather profusely. I don’t know if anyone that can sweat on command. So with that being said, I think there were enough emotions going on and he was flustered enough to be sweating.

Anyone else having a hard time looking at this new sketch and seeing similarities with BG in the video? I know the quality of the video stills are relatively poor, but still, it’s just hard to see the resemblance, anyone else struggling with this?

MOO
I have always thought BG legs were too thin for a man of 45. It bothered me.
I'd see a smaller younger mans body in oversize clothes.
MOO and it always just seemed out of character for an older man to be chasing victims over a train bridge.

MOO Now the updated BG is described as 18-40 and to me his clothes and movement now look right -
as a shorter younger man in too big farm clothes. I'd say in his 20's. Intent on a assault that will end in murder.

The old BG photo face definitely looks like a at least a 45 old man - but its so blurry it could be just an accident of shadows.

But in the new video I looked at his head from the perspective that he is wearing a hoodie and IMO his face looks thinner and younger too.

Here ya go. Can make his face out better in this one.
edit- yes I'm an idiot I forgot to post the actual link the first time. lol

Seeing this man and having video is so frustrating. I can’t imagine how frustrated and po’d the families are that this isn’t solved yet. And now to have a different photo 2 yrs later to go off of? Back to square one. Grrr

and how did he come up on them so fast with how he walks. Abby had not quite reached the far end right, when he was videoed? Or had they been there hanging out a while before he showed up?

This photo riles me to no end. A lovely young person spending the afternoon on a hike, best friend along taking this fantastic picture. Could be any of us. All to change at the other end of the bridge. P***es me off.

I'm so confused. Was he saying the old abandoned building meaning at the current time or referencing it that way because that's how it's referred to now that it's been demolished.
It's such an important detail!

I feel like if the building had been in use at the time of the murders, he would not have called it abandoned at any point in time.

The "old building" or the "former building, now demolished," maybe, but not abandoned.

Also do we know if A&L went to church, if so which one or a youth camp? Anything related to religion?
I'm probably way behind!!

I do not know about Abby. Libby's family, especially her grandparents, went to Delphi United Methodist Church. Her funeral was also held there.

February 13th was a Monday, I'm wondering why they weren't in school ?
"...At 1:45 p.m. on February 13, 2017 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German were dropped off by Libby's older sister Kelsi at a trailhead on County Road 300 North, west of the Hoosier Heartland Highway....." 1.
1. Link to Wikipedia
Schools were closed that day for what I believe was an unused snow day.
4 day weekend "Winter Break" -- no school Friday-Monday. 2019 school calendar shows similar for this year. Locals would all be aware. MOO

Agreed. The optics aren’t good, and no law enforcement organization wants to make the announcement they made.

This was a very big deal, and has some solid basis.

Not a guess. Not a feeling. Not a fishing expedition.

BBM... Can't agree enough. And I think it was part of Carter's demonstration of emotion in the briefing.

Seeing this man and having video is so frustrating. I can’t imagine how frustrated and po’d the families are that this isn’t solved yet. And now to have a different photo 2 yrs later to go off of? Back to square one. Grrr
And as others have mentioned, he does look like he is mouthing words or talking to himself, very creepy!

Two different people. (I'm right there with you about others believing this is how he looks now as opposed to then. He didn't change, evolve.) Further, the newly released sketch is of a young man and the sketch of the young man was "reported" to have been drawn soon after the murders.

"On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person."

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

ETA: Link/quote about recently released sketch

The sketch artist with ISP who drew the face, Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, told the Indianapolis Star the picture presented as being new Monday had in fact been drawn Feb. 17, 2017, three days after the bodies of the two girls were discovered.

Both sketches were done " soon after the bodies were found". One sketch just happens to be more accurate than the other, but they are the SAME MAN. Someone has misread the link above.

MOO
I have always thought BG legs were too thin for a man of 45. It bothered me.
I'd see a smaller younger mans body in oversize clothes.
MOO and it always just seemed out of character for an older man to be chasing victims over a train bridge.

MOO Now the updated BG is described as 18-40 and to me his clothes and movement now look right -
as a shorter younger man in too big farm clothes. I'd say in his 20's. Intent on a assault that will end in murder.

The old BG photo face definitely looks like a at least a 45 old man - but its so blurry it could be just an accident of shadows.

But in the new video I looked at his head from the perspective that he is wearing a hoodie and IMO his face looks thinner and younger too.

Yes that what I’ve noticed too, a thinner face. And although the clothing is loose fitting he also looks to me to be in pretty good shape, no beer belly, can’t tell his height but it’s probably the same as sketch #1. It’s very fascinating how we can all look at the same image yet get a different impression of the type of man it might be.

My theory on the different sketches.
Let say there are two witnesses that day that saw two different people that day. Then two sketches were created. Then maybe someone said that they think the person in sketch number 2 sure looks like "ole joe" (Not an actual name). And then another says yeah your right that does look like "ole joe", but that cant be him cause he is a well respected person in town. They bring in "ole joe" anyway and ask him where and what he was doing that day. He provides them a loose alibi, they believe him because they never thought it would be him. Maybe he says he was there for a good reason or he has someone vouch for him. They decide that sketch 2 could be "ole joe", looks like him, but nothing else suggests its him, let alone proves it. So they focus on the other mystery person described in sketch 1. This could explain when Carter said in the presser..."we may have even interviewed you"
This is just a theory. Its not even a concrete theory. Just something I thought of.

But that is what I just do not get. If they know who old Joe is from the first person, why are they doing this versus keeping it under wraps and investigating it? Are they trying to humiliate somebody to give him up? And it wasn't necessarily A presser for the suspect, but for the person who is giving him an alibi?

Again I am so very very confused.

And I'm very concerned that the defense when it comes to trial is going to have a field day with this. An absolute field day!

I know!! I was telling my work colleagues about it as some have children who use Snapchat..i was shocked that you could see peoples "private snaps" when your not their friends and I thought who has seen mine! So it was deleted soon after!

You can only see people’s snaps if it’s set to public. Mine is all private, and even then, my location is in “ghost mode” meaning no one else can see it.

Edited for spelling

Both sketches were done " soon after the bodies were found". One sketch just happens to be more accurate than the other, but they are the SAME MAN. Someone has misread the link above.

To help clarify. Sketch released in 2017 (older/heavier set/hat) was drawn approximately five months after the murder "and was based on "recent information" from a witness who saw the suspect about the time of German and Williams' deaths." More information here: Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect. Sketch released in April, 2019 (younger-looking/no hat/ thinner) was drawn days after the murder by Master Trooper Taylor Bryant and "based on the description of a man by a witness who reported seeing something they felt needed to be reported." More information here: 'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says. The sketch released in 2017 is no longer considered to be a person of interest. We don't know why. The sketch released in April, 2019 is considered to be the suspect and is, according to law enforcement, BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136