Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to keep faith that they have a Suspect in mind. I would hate to think it's back to basically "square one". Heartbreaking thought.

I was thinking about the sketch and car. I am in awe that someone can remember enough about a person or veh they come across momentarily and are able to give a description. I am not sure I would be able too.
I'm still baffled at 2 diff. sketches. I think that's what was meant by "changing direction" comment at the PC. imo they were letting the killer know they have his face. He has prob been very relieved these past two years with the original.

Many criminals, including murderers, just love to talk.

They may simply be playing the odds.

If this is about power and control, this guy might be proud of what he did, and might want credit.

He can’t brag in the open, because that will mean he’ll be caught. He’d have to do it within his circle.

Either out of pride or guilt (unlikely), I do think he’s told someone.
I agree he talked, but maybe from the opposite angle. Is it possible to think the killer may have 'confessed' his crime or hinted that he'd "done something so terrible God will never forgive him" to a Pastor or Priest and LE cannot use the direct information to arrest as it is considered privileged information? Maybe the killer is involved in a church in some capacity with the youth like a counselor, Sunday school teacher or the music program?

If LE had a tip by a clergyman, but the suspect has an air tight alibi by family and or friends of good standing, perhaps this is the reason for the references to The Shack, "we might have already spoken to you", "you've told someone", hiding in plain sight, etc.

JMO

I’m new to this case and WS but have been reading about this tragic case. I have a question about the location the bodies were found. Someone posted a map the indicated they were found on the opposite side of the creek from where the apparent abduction took place.
If this is true, would someone have been able to wade the creek in February?
If BG carried/dragged bodies across the creek, did he the hike back up hill and cross bridge? Or could he have returned to car by walking along the creek?
Sorry if this has been discussed previously, just trying to think about possibilities.

You can see in the map I made, that the creek is shallow right about where the bodies were found (50 feet in from the creek bank.) Google Earth can't tell us exactly what the level of the water was that day... but, you can see the sand bars... so, even if below water level, it is shallow there. I think a person could cross there (not comfortably due to the weather) but, imo, this is the easiest place to cross that creek.

From the place where the bodies were found, imo, the killer would be more likely to head up the hill towards the cemetery and then... there is a path up that that follows the ridge of that hill... where he could head back through the woods towards the bridge and, from there, leave the area by either entrance. He could have also left by way of the cemetery but I think he'd need a ride (either his own vehicle or picked up by someone... taking a bigger chance of being seen though.)

He could have crossed back over the creek and left the park by way of the dirt road that goes under the bridge... imo, I doubt he re-crossed the bridge, itself... too much of a chance to come across other park visitors, imo.

I think the most difficult choice would be to walk along the creek if there is no path there and I don't think there is. In places the banks are quite high with irregular walking surfaces; tangled with brush, fallen trees, branches... Again, I'm not sure if there's an actual path along the creek but, even if there is, it wouldn't be the most direct or "hidden" way to leave the park, imo. I also think it would eventually lead to some climbing, as well.

(The yellow pin marking where the girls were found is approximate. I didn't measure 50 feet in from the bank but the location shown is very close.)

ETA: Walking along the creek bank would also expose the killer to more chance of being observed at some points on a hike like that... (even by people crossing the bridge.)

Attachments

• SANDBAR.jpg
    SANDBAR.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 82
  • ENTRANCES TO MONON HIGH BRIDGE.jpg
    ENTRANCES TO MONON HIGH BRIDGE.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 77
  • ENTRANCES2 MONON HIGH BRIDGE PARK.jpg
    ENTRANCES2 MONON HIGH BRIDGE PARK.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I am not an expert on DNA. I am not an expert on the law but my dad, my older brother, my older brother's wife, her dad and her sister are all attorneys. I grew up around legal conversations. Once again, this does not make me an attorney. That being said, if BG spit and his DNA was found on a leaf in a public park that is not necessarily going to help convict. If BG's fingerprints were found on something, short of a weapon, in a public park, that is not necessarily going to help convict. The attorney for BG could easily say that BG had been in the park before.

I have been thinking about this case endlessly since the recent press announcement and new sketch.

Does anyone know if the vendors who deliver to the middle school have been given a look over? The guy who delivers the bread, the "bread man", and so forth. NOT pointing fingers at anyone, just brainstorming.

Taking this a step further, do we know if any of these vendor deliveries would have occurred where there could have been interaction with the children? Are deliveries made close by the outdoor field where the kids play?

I hope LE has taken a look at all vendor deliveries to that school, and those who do the delivering. This would be another rule out I would want on my check list.

Again, *not* pointing fingers at anyone, just thinking thoroughly in any and all possibilities for contact with Abby & Libby.

Amateur opinion and speculation only
Those are all valid ideas. Anyone who might have interacted with young teens in the area should be looked at. (I don't think that he targeted Abby and Libby more than a few minutes ahead of time, but I do think that they—or one of them—fit the profile of his preferred victim.)

School employees, youth pastors, youth group leaders, camp counselors, coaches, ice cream truck drivers, etc., should all be on LE's list of people to clear.

I need a breather—this case is doesn't exactly fill me with hope and optimism about humanity—so I'm going to take a step back and see if anything comes to light once the two-week window is up.

Wow, thanks for checking this out and clarifying!
It appears to me they most likely were there but visibly shaken. They probably left immediately after the conference. Today I think they know that LE has a major lead and direction and this person has been around Delphi and the family all along. A true Suspect not generic. The prosecutor returns to office early April after leaving 4 months earlier. He has a strong interest in this case. This should tell us so much. MOO

if they know who everyone is, then what's the point of having them sign in?
I just don't get it
Maybe they don't know who everyone is. But the original question I was responding to, was why wouldn't someone use a phony name. I think they know most people there, as they would be locals, and they are looking for a local (or with strong local ties). If they see a name they don't recognize locally, they could match faces/names of audience members and then they could search that name and through simple detective work figure out who had given a phony name. So signing in with your real name would be smarter than using a phony name. I hope this makes sense. Once again, I was just pointing out why signing in a phony name would make it more likely a suspect could be caught. MOO.

Tomorrow will mark a week from the press conference which ensued such great momentum in this case. I believe that the information from the press conference drew out or will draw out information that is crucial. It's coming - just a matter of time.

I can only imagine the number of tips the investigative team has received over the weekend. All it takes is the one - the one that fits or matches other tips.

I share deep gratitude for everyone on this thread - your posts are not only kind and insightful but downright ingenious!

The compassion on this thread is limitless.

I agree with so many of you - there will be an arrest in a short matter of time.

Carter was so emotional because he knows who it is and he want to grab him, look in his eyes and tell him what a horrible monster he is. He was to much of a coward to come out and admit what he did yet he hid behind perhaps religion and knows he is doomed to he.. not heaven if you don't come to the light. It is like the BG is making a mockery of religion.

I just wanted to address an assumption that's been going around here since the recent press conference. There was talk of the family walking out angrily before/at the beginning of it. But I've been going over a lot of footage of the April 22 PC and Libby's mother (and supporters) and Libby's grandmother Becky (and supporters) were there throughout and did not walk out.

Here is an example of news footage which shows them about 3 and a half mins into the briefing:

I found a video of the entire briefing on FB (non news source) which shows them still there after 6:40 mins. If any of the family had walked out at any stage, they would have had to walk past this person who was filming due to the positioning of the exits. There's no evidence they did.

So can we treat that "walked out in a huff" stuff as a rumor to be taken with a huge grain of salt?

Bless you. I had serious doubts regarding that particular rumor as no one could validate it.

I recall conversations speculating on Sgt. Carter's description of Abby and Libby as two little girls versus teens. I did not think much at the time as they are very young girls. A thought comes to my mind is the killer could have two little girls in his family. This certainly would be shocking if he was the devoted father, community member etc.

I think he was just trying to bring out the guilt in either the killer or his family so he confesses. Probably his family and friends as the killer hasn't felt guilty enough to come forward in 2 yrs so pulling at his heartstrings is not going to work.

I would be willing to bet BG is lurking, but may be reluctant to post. We are a pretty astute group, especially when innocent children are murdered.
Just curious, and maybe a moderator could answer this. Has anyone that has ever been caught/convicted of any of the crimes that have been posted/discussed on Websleuths ever admitted to watching, and even posting, on the thread that pertains to their crime? I thought much further back in a thread (not sure if it was even for Abby and Libby) that this was brought up and there was at least one that was know to have done so.

I think he was just trying to bring out the guilt in either the killer or his family so he confesses. Probably his family and friends as the killer hasn't felt guilty enough to come forward in 2 yrs so pulling at his heartstrings is not going to work.

I don't think the killer is going to turn himself in.

I have noticed that I walk with my hands in my pocket when trying to keep my balance. I was climbing stairs in a new construction that did not have rails etc.. My husband kept saying get your hands out of your pocket. That is when I realized it. Now I catch myself doing it all the time.

I don’t think LE has a suspect in mind. I don’t think they would have had the Monday press conference if they did. The last thing they need is 2,000 new tips if they know who did it. I believe they have evidence sufficient to charge a person but I don’t believe they know who that person is yet hence the new sketch.

I don’t think LE has a suspect in mind. I don’t think they would have had the Monday press conference if they did. The last thing they need is 2,000 new tips if they know who did it. I believe they have evidence sufficient to charge a person but I don’t believe they know who that person is yet hence the new sketch.
I think they know just what tip they are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member