Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Prosecutor Robert Ives coming back on a temporary basis if someone in the PA’s office was sick or needed a leave.

Here is an article from the time of Ives departure, could be completely unrelated, or it could be related. It was an interesting observation by the poster that noticed him being sworn in again.

Carroll County prosecutor decides to step down

Well just news of the PC and the emotion shown by the LE officer as he was talking. Made me think they have a suspect in mind. I could be wrong but the new sketch being released makes me think they have new info regarding the case and I just have a feeling they are close. Also I was wondering has this case been ruled unrelated to Lyric and Elisabeth ? Or is it still a possibility that when they find the bridge guy, they will also have the culprit for their murders too ? All just my opinion.
That's an interesting thought. Although the details of the two cases are quite similar, the distance between them makes me a bit skeptical. Who knows though, there's been plenty of travelling killers in the past, and your connection could very likely be true.
I can also see both ways how this could either mean (a) LE is close and knows that someone close to the case has info, or (b) they're desperate and have no leads.

I am trying to keep faith that they have a Suspect in mind. I would hate to think it's back to basically "square one". Heartbreaking thought.

I was thinking about the sketch and car. I am in awe that someone can remember enough about a person or veh they come across momentarily and are able to give a description. I am not sure I would be able too.
I'm still baffled at 2 diff. sketches. I think that's what was meant by "changing direction" comment at the PC. imo they were letting the killer know they have his face. He has prob been very relieved these past two years with the original.

This two sketch is somewhat worrisome. Even if there is an arrest and the case goes to trial. The defense is definitely going to bring this issue up of why LE released the second sketch after a span of two years and asked everyone to ignore the first sketch. It definitely does not project the LE in good light. I do hope the prosecuting team will have a very convincing answer to this question. MOO.

I am also of the opinion that he may have been a wrestler in school. I am also very inclined toward him wearing a wrestlers head gear, something which looks like an ear muff but has a flap near the chin. I am not good at describing it but if you google it up you will know what I am talking about. My amateur opinion too
I just looked at the online yearbooks of Delphi High, the wrestling team. Yes, now I see what you are talking about with the wrestlers head gear. But why on earth would he wear something like that - if he did? Wouldn't it muffle sound? He would need to hear sounds for people approaching etc. Do wrestlers wear those so their ears don't get cauliflowered?

Amateur opinion and speculation

I had this theory that if you were to convert each frame of the bridge guy video to 32 bit, then align, reduce opacity, and layer these in Photoshop it would give you a clearer image of the suspect. And, it worked.

The video stills create so many artifacts that we see hair, a mustache, sagging jowls, a bulbous nose. But, when the layers are lined up, the "real pixels" are magnified while the false pixels are canceled out. The reason for converting the stills to 32 bits is to allow the artifacts to essentially get lost in the other color channels.

The biggest mistake of this investigation was releasing those stills. They create a false concept of what this perpetrator actually looks like. In reality, he looks much closer to the more recent sketch. I know we can't release modified versions of the images so I'm not doing that now. But, I will be contacting ISP next week to see if they can duplicate this independently.
I might also suggest you send this information in to the tip line for their use.

What about that press conference and the release of a 2 year old sketch makes people think they're close to finding the assailant? To me, it sounded desperate and hopeful, at best.

Thank you...exactly what I have been saying. Plus, why would they want to sort through hundreds more new and mostly useless tips at this stage, if they only needed info on one specific person?

Also I was wondering has this case been ruled unrelated to Lyric and Elisabeth ? Or is it still a possibility that when they find the bridge guy, they will also have the culprit for their murders too ?
Respectfully snipped for focus.
I'm sure that question is on most of our minds...mine for sure.

That's an interesting thought. Although the details of the two cases are quite similar, the distance between them makes me a bit skeptical. Who knows though, there's been plenty of travelling killers in the past, and your connection could very likely be true.
I can also see both ways how this could either mean (a) LE is close and knows that someone close to the case has info, or (b) they're desperate and have no leads.

Yes I think these cases being possibly related have been discussed on here before, but I haven't followed that closely so could and probably am way off. I agree they could just be desperate for new leads but hopefully they have something solid they are not sharing with the public.

Would collecting that trash from a place of business, like a hotel or motel require a warrant? Are those places considered public or privately owned?

People don’t realize that they shed DNA everywhere. I am not going to mention the details, but you don’t necessarily need to go to hotels or public places. If they have DNA from the crime scene, and it matches some relatives, it alone might be the probable cause.

If you stop getting out of the house, and wear hazmat suite in the house 24/7, it could help, but only to a degree. And, it probably looks suspicious.

What about that press conference and the release of a 2 year old sketch makes people think they're close to finding the assailant? To me, it sounded desperate and hopeful, at best.
They must have new information. It's not just based on one or two tips, but thousands of hours of investigative work, is what I think they said.
At some point the investigation took a major turn, and they believe they are on the right track, and very close to finding the killer. They may know who he is, but are waiting for the right evidence to ensure a conviction.
Knowing who it is, is only half the battle, I think.
Remember there is a huge amount that they know, that we don't. Jmo

They must have new information. It's not just based on one or two tips, but thousands of hours of investigative work, is what I think they said.
At some point the investigation took a major turn, and they believe they are on the right track, and very close to finding the killer. They may know who he is, but are waiting for the right evidence to ensure a conviction.
Knowing who it is, is only half the battle, I think.
Remember there is a huge amount that they know, that we don't. Jmo

Why do we believe they have new information?

1. To disguise himself.
2. Came back from a wrestling match he lost badly and was angry with himself, his opponent. Must have been mocked by someone. Taunted by his coach...MOO

When is wrestling season?

This was either totally random or a targeted murder. If random, the killer had to have hung around there for a while or otherwise walked around equipped to kill.

It looks as if the bridge and park are a place you go to deliberately. It seems as if most people go with company and not usually on their own.

If targeted it has to be one of the young women or the other. Do either Abby or Libby have connections to anything or anyone that may make them a target? This could be for retribution or punishment or whatever.

On a video on YouTube I see that there is an 8 minute delay that is unusual at the start of the hike. There they postulate that’s because Abby and Libby had an encounter with their murderer.

Is that right? It seems it would be significant if it were.

MOO, I think BG went there with the intent to attack someone, mainly any female who was alone, and decided to take the opportunity to attack two girls together because he had a firearm and figured he could control them. I'm not one of the ones who think he knew Abby or Libby, unless it was peripherally like in the Holly Bobo case.

Respectfully snipped for focus.
Agree.
And those people who care about him *KNOW* and they aren't speaking up. Cowards.

Either a prominent/powerful/wealthy family that covers up their odd son's behavior or is in complete denial/ignorant/choosing to be blind or...a family of criminals. Thick as thieves they say.

I think they know just what tip they are looking for.

I agree with you.
(They don't know exactly who)
MOO but now they know where and how to look, and among the local people, there must be collective historical knowledge of who used to hang out at the bridge.
MOO I think many names are being called in since the PC And now they are excluding or including each name.

Last edited:
This is related, although it may at first seem OT. But remember in the Jayme Closs case where so many people were absolutely certain she must have had hidden SM accounts and a boyfriend or love interest? That she HAD to have known him online at least?

Jayme is proof that not all teenage girls have hidden accounts. She’s also proof that these crimes can be totally random.

It's our worst fear, a complete stranger that becomes fixated on an innocent victim. I highly doubt Jayme had a clue who that guy was or ever remembered seeing her.
That's what makes it so damn scary. :(

Either a prominent/powerful/wealthy family that covers up their odd son's behavior or is in complete denial/ignorant/choosing to be blind or...a family of criminals. Thick as thieves they say.
Bullseye.
What horrific and permanent shame this Perp will be exacting on his family. They will be shamed forever. As I said upthread, the only thing left for him to do is to turn himself in to avoid putting his family through the added trauma of a raid. At this point, he is just delaying the inevitable. They *are* coming for him. He should spare his family the additional trauma and turn himself in now.
And yeah, I agree someone in his family knows. Maybe they just don't know what to do. They can make an anonymous call to law enforcement and ask for guidance.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member