Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they will find the implement at his home. Shovel? Tamper? Iron skillet? I think he's possibly fallen off the wagon, was geekin' out maybe, and hurt her and he then had to do something. She's old enough to tell someone, or it was visible. His son would be taken too.

As nuts as it is, he's put a lot of thought into this story. I think she may have been gone prior to that night, but that night was the night he had to have the story, and act it out. A possibly unwitting accomplice would almost have to be of some assistance. Maybe they'll come forward.
I think it’s a tire iron to make it seem legit. I suspect when they find the car it’s tire iron has his DNA on it. Problem is it’s hard to whack someone between the eyes (middle of the forehead) with a tire iron I would think (never tried it). Back of the head, side of the head easier as a secondary person. Harder to hit yourself in those spots though.

Well, that's good to here.
Unfortunately it may not have been enough. They should have both gone, if he was living with her and caring for the child. Imo

I work for a home visiting program that provides parenting education for parents involved in child protective services (DCP&P in my state). In many of the families I’ve worked with, often only the mother will be required to be in our program. This has been especially true in DV situations. It often falls on the mother whether she is the presumed perpetrator of abuse and/or neglect or not. A lot of times (again in the families I’ve worked with) the dads fall to the side. It’s ridiculous.

Also sadly a lot depends on the caseworker who is working with the family (some are very on top of things, some are more lax)... With the injury reported, I’m shocked reunification was started. But again a lot of times it depends on the caseworkers, the judges, etc.

My heart breaks for this little girl :(

Hello all,
I've been a member for awhile...(lurk all the time)

Praying for sweet Meleah! My heart breaks in crimes against little ones.
DV has some explaining to do. His story is ridiculous! If that was my child, he would have more then a bump on his head.
They need to have him take a lie detector, unless he lawyered up.

MOO
fing31.gif
Thanks for joining us, lucylulu, glad you came out of lurking.
City of Sugar Land‏ @SugarLandtxgov
We've over 7 inches of rain during the past four hours. All major roadways impassable. Seek high ground and avoid driving if possible. More rain is expected. Please report any incidents of house flooding in Sugar Land at http://www.sugarlandtx.gov/OnlineTownHall .

8:13 PM - 7 May 2019

Storm cell is sitting on southwest Houston and not moving. And more heavy rain on the way for the next two days for the Houston area. This is not good for the search. Terrible conditions!
Nooooooooooooooo! :(

I work for a home visiting program that provides parenting education for parents involved in child protective services (DCP&P in my state). In many of the families I’ve worked with, often only the mother will be required to be in our program. This has been especially true in DV situations. It often falls on the mother whether she is the presumed perpetrator of abuse and/or neglect or not. A lot of times (again in the families I’ve worked with) the dads fall to the side. It’s ridiculous.

Also sadly a lot depends on the caseworker who is working with the family (some are very on top of things, some are more lax)... With the injury reported, I’m shocked reunification was started. But again a lot of times it depends on the caseworkers, the judges, etc.

My heart breaks for this little girl :(

My heart also breaks for the family member that had custody for 6 months that children were removed from the bio parents.

I suspect this was the grandmother (BB2) that cared for these children until Feb 2019, and I've no doubt that she likely filed intervention for these children not to be removed from her care, and returned to bio parents.

If only somebody listened to Nana. MOO

City of Sugar Land‏ @SugarLandtxgov
We've over 7 inches of rain during the past four hours. All major roadways impassable. Seek high ground and avoid driving if possible. More rain is expected. Please report any incidents of house flooding in Sugar Land at http://www.sugarlandtx.gov/OnlineTownHall .

8:13 PM - 7 May 2019

Storm cell is sitting on southwest Houston and not moving. And more heavy rain on the way for the next two days for the Houston area. This is not good for the search. Terrible conditions!

There are a couple positives that could come out of this...

More people to do “indoor” investigation- search through camera footage, cell phone records, etc. Maybe the extra eyes will help them really zero in on a location.

Second, maybe the flood water will dislodge or unearth the car and/or this baby.

Just trying to hang on to something good that can come with this weather... All MOO

So the accident/abuse in August occurred when the bio parents were living in the same home? But mom has been with DV for a few years and has a 2YO with him?

And wth kind of “fall” requires three brain surgeries in 8 months???

Too bad the kidnappers didn’t make DV fall the same way, then maybe his story could’ve been true.

Last edited:
There are a couple positives that could come out of this...

More people to do “indoor” investigation- search through camera footage, cell phone records, etc. Maybe the extra eyes will help them really zero in on a location.

Second, maybe the flood water will dislodge or unearth the car and/or this baby.

Just trying to hang on to something good that can come with this weather... All MOO

I was trying to hang on to the positive about the rain water moving something "loose" in the case, but then after watching the news and seeing how many cars are being left roadside due to flash flooding... I feel like that's going to complicate matters.

Cry me a river Bio Dad. You and MD's mom were the reason she was scooped by CPS after her brain injury. Maybe you should be asking your daughter's mother to answer your questions. No way Bio Dad deserved custody of MD, and I'm pretty sure he never applied for custody. One poster said he couldn't even remember when she had her last surgery.
SABBM

Ita.

Just wanted to say this and it's meant respectfully as bio-dad was not involved -- it was bothersome during his video that he had the baseball cap pulled down over his eyes.
Reminded me of AJ Freund Jr's bio-donor, JC.
I kept looking downwards in an attempt to see his eyes.

But agreed he should be asking BB questions and himself as well.
Maleah was failed by everyone except maybe her "Nana".

The grandma was probably limited in what she could do for her grandkids. Sometimes if grands make too much of an issue over something (however warranted) ; the parents will start to deny access.
We've seen it before with Lucas Hernandez' extended family.

There's also a possibility one parent will accuse the other of mistreatment.
But this is disturbing.
Poor child.

I was trying to hang on to the positive about the rain water moving something "loose" in the case, but then after watching the news and seeing how many cars are being left roadside due to flash flooding... I feel like that's going to complicate matters.

Yes, but as soon as they are able people will get to their cars and file insurance claims. Insurance companies will collect the cars to see what they can sale for scrap, etc. When all of this occurs, it will put more people and eyes out there. Things that washed up will be discovered.

My heart also breaks for the family member that had custody for 6 months that children were removed from the bio parents.

I suspect this was the grandmother (BB2) that cared for these children until Feb 2019, and I've no doubt that she likely filed intervention for these children not to be removed from her care, and returned to bio parents.

If only somebody listened to Nana. MOO

I agree. I didn’t realize it was 6 months. That’s a lengthy removal for them to then be placed back into the home. Kids have accidents especially at young ages, but it appears that CPS substantiated the abuse and neglect? From the article posted it seems like this was clear cut abuse/neglect.
I’m shocked the judge ok’ed reunification.

I can’t imagine what nana is going through at this moment...

My understanding after reading several articles is this:

Maleah sustained the injury to her head and was taken to the hospital. During the examination for her head injury old injuries were found pointing to possible child abuse. CPS was called. The doctor could not say that the head injury itself was from abuse or an accident, however the older injuries appeared to be so.

CPS investigated and substantiated the abuse against BB and bio dad. MOO they couldn't substantiate anything against DV. The children were removed from the home and placed with a relative (MOO nana). A reunification plan was made which included parenting classes for BB and weekly supervised visits for BB and bio dad.

Mom appears to have complied with the requirements of the reunification plan as the judge ordered the children temporarily placed back with her and DV. However, CPS retained custody and were to do monthly home checks.

The final hearing for whether mom would regain full custody of the children was to happen later this month. However, it doesn't appear that the CPS reports were in favor of reunification. Either way, I assume the hearing will still occur because there are still the other 2 children to consider.

I’ve been here, reading along...agreeing with you all from the start about DV’s BS story.
I so wish Maleah was tucked safely into bed tonight, after bedtime routines of hugs & kisses & a book read by mom or dad or nana, with feelings of comfort & safety & a smile on her adorable face <3 I know it can’t be, but I wish this for her, just as I did for little Lucas Hernandez...because ALL children DESERVE this love & care.
Where ever you are, Maleah, I pray your suffering is over.
As for DV: You ...TELL LE WHERE MALEAH IS
MOO ;(

Just like AJ on the other thread.
Why do parents get a “do-over”?
If a dog attacks someone, we know what happens. Why? Because the propensity he will attack again is great.
These cases are too much & way too frequent.
Agree completely. When as a society are we going to realize that the best place for a child to be is not always the biological parents. How many cases have we seen here? And I'm sure there's plenty more that we don't hear about. I'm SO sick of it!!!! So many precious little one's, gone, and we have public outcry and officials demanding answers, blah, blah, blah and yet children continue to die. It's beyond...I don't know..I've ran out of adjectives :(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard