Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thought, completely unrelated to my previous post- Does anyone know if LE uses caricature artists to help with crime solving? Seems like an interesting resource would be to take a witness suspect sketch and give it to a caricature artist and have them point to the things that they think are the noticeable features (almost doing the caricature job backwards if you will).
Look up Karen Taylor, an immensely talented forensic artist who has trained the likes of our own talented CarlK. The techniques are fascinating.

BBM

I have always been intrigued by the part of the first press conference that starts at 11:17 in the above video:

LE asks, 'Who's next? [pause] I hate to ask you that question. I'd give my life to not have to. [long pause] But I know that you have asked yourself that very question." I cannot help but wonder if BG was caught on Libby's phone alluding to a prior crime. And no matter how much I try to pass off LE's questions as rhetorical, I cannot move past the possibility that there is a reason the questions were posed in the first place. Truth be told, those questions haunt me.

It’s what perps like this do, he will undoubtedly kill again if he’s not stopped

I think thats just a given based on what investigators know from past history of cases like these

It’s what perps like this do, he will undoubtedly kill again if he’s not stopped

I think thats just a given based on what investigators know from past history of cases like these

I could see him doing this again, especially since he hasn't been "caught" yet. That may just make him cocky. I'm hoping it also makes him a little sloppy in the meantime.

When Carter made the error about the car in question being there on the 14th instead of saying the 13th, I'm wondering if that wasn't such a mistake after all. If they know the same car was there on the 14th, perhaps one of the searchers cars, it could explain why Carter made that error.

Another thought, completely unrelated to my previous post- Does anyone know if LE uses caricature artists to help with crime solving? Seems like an interesting resource would be to take a witness suspect sketch and give it to a caricature artist and have them point to the things that they think are the noticeable features (almost doing the caricature job backwards if you will).

It sounds like a crazy thing to do. The state would leaving itself wide open on cross examination if the caricature was wrong. Even composite drawings are dangerous. I never used them.

When Carter made the error about the car in question being there on the 14th instead of saying the 13th, I'm wondering if that wasn't such a mistake after all. If they know the same car was there on the 14th, perhaps one of the searchers cars, it could explain why Carter made that error.
I didn't think he said it in error. And neither was the follow up stating the 13th.

I'm currently mulling over the fact that he approached TWO girls. Two. That's really quite bold. I know it's mentioned a lot here- brazen to take on two girls and in broad daylight, etc. But I'm really gnawing on that and it's quite remarkable IMO. That must play a great deal in the profiling of this man (or Coward of Carroll County). It really must. Approaches TWO girls in a public park in the daylight. It's just so very stunning to me.

Sort of lends credibility to those who’ve speculated that BG used some type of authority (fake badge etc) and/or BG was somewhat known to them which made them more compliant not knowing what was about to happen. I agree with your use of “stunning” because I too find it hard to believe he (so far) got away with it.

Yah that kinda confused me too bc it did appear he was reading off of a script.

But then again I can see how he could mix those dates up as he’s probably used one or the other various times throughout the investigation.

I think he may have just simply misspoke

Sort of lends credibility to those who’ve speculated that BG used some type of authority (fake badge etc) and/or BG was somewhat known to them which made them more compliant not knowing what was about to happen. I agree with your use of “stunning” because I too find it hard to believe he (so far) got away with it.

I think a weapon made them compliant

Jmo

I could see him doing this again, especially since he hasn't been "caught" yet. That may just make him cocky. I'm hoping it also makes him a little sloppy in the meantime.

If this goes unsolved much longer it won’t surprise me if BG at some point in the future taunts LE via letter to newspaper etc. a la Zodiac killer...

And recently there was the man who went to the Mall of America and threw a 5 year old stranger over the third floor railing. He was apparently bitter about women turning him down (his story) so he went to the mall that day with the intentions of killing someone. He'd planned on killing an adult, but when he saw the little boy he just took advantage of the opportunity. The man's family has been in the news talking about his problems and how they'd tried to get him "help" in the past. He'd also been in trouble in that mall in the past. It was a totally random crime done by someone who was seriously disturbed and had shown previous signs of anger and potential assault.

(O/T, that case was sooooo upsetting and disturbing imo, all of these are, but I actually said in that thread that that case might be the one that does me in here...in fact I said I was done for a while and to update me if there was news in the girl’s case, which there was...so here I am)

Most killers don’t do that, but I hope he does.

Any communication could aid in bringing him down.

In fact thats why everyone knows about the cases where that’s happened, bc it’s so extremely rare that the public actually remembers it. So well known ppl actually tend to believe that it’s fairly common

Last edited:
Yah that kinda confused me too bc it did appear he was reading off of a script.

But then again I can see how he could mix those dates up as he’s probably used one or the other various times throughout the investigation.

I think he may have just simply misspoke
I don't think I articulated what I'm trying to say all that well. Long day.
I'm not thinking he purposefully said the 14th then made it look like he said it on accident. I mean he knows that same car was there on the 14th during the search and hence made the error on the dates because he was angry that this was actually there on the 14th as well searching and playing nice guy.
Dang, I still don't think I'm explaining myself well. Anyone? Anyone? Help me out. lol

I don't think I articulated what I'm trying to say all that well. Long day.
I'm not thinking he purposefully said the 14th then made it look like he said it on accident. I mean he knows that same car was there on the 14th during the search and hence made the error on the dates because he was angry that this was actually there on the 14th as well searching and playing nice guy.
Dang, I still don't think I'm explaining myself well. Anyone? Anyone? Help me out. lol
I get what you’re saying.

Basically, he meant to say the 13th, but mistakenly said the 14th because the killer was there aiding in the search on that day as well.

Personally, I believe that the killer was only there on the 13th, and Carter simply made an error.

If the car was there on both days, I can’t think of a reason for him not to say so. That could be hugely beneficial, as it provides yet another potential sighting of him.

BBM

I have always been intrigued by the part of the first press conference that starts at 11:17 in the above video:

LE asks, 'Who's next? [pause] I hate to ask you that question. I'd give my life to not have to. [long pause] But I know that you have asked yourself that very question." I cannot help but wonder if BG was caught on Libby's phone alluding to a prior crime. And no matter how much I try to pass off LE's questions as rhetorical, I cannot move past the possibility that there is a reason the questions were posed in the first place. Truth be told, those questions haunt me.
They haunt me too. My family member was next after 2 young girls in our community were killed by a SK. One year and three months later. I didn't know the girls personally but some of their family were members at our church. I guess that's why I'm almost obsessed with this case. I know what it's like to hear "Guilty". I know how it feels to know he'll never leave prison alive. I know he can never kill again. I want this so much for these families and this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa