Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleah is in my heart. I’m so sorry for the ongoing abuse she endured, and the likely awful death. But the minute this community activist started talking about mom’s abuse, I stopped listening. A member here has a tag line about how our past explains us but does not excuse us.

This woman had serious doubts about her daughter’s safety and did nothing to stop it. Oh wait, when she realized her abusive boyfriend was gay - that’s when she had a problem? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I’m out. I can’t do another one. Thank you websleuth community for caring about these innocent souls.

Anyone else looking at her shaking her head "no" the whole time he's talking? Wouldn't you shake your head "yes" to agree with some of what he's saying?

And any idea how many gay men that also molest female children? Just doesn't make much sense to me. I think they're reaching....big time. They could have just mentioned what was seen on video.

I think it's a huge attempt to shift the blame and focus on to DV. We will see what can be proven in court I guess.

They are reaching out to him? That’s funny. How are they gonna do that?

Secondly... confirms he had a cellphone
I hope they can get this forensic phone evidence to add to his charges.

Mom of missing Maleah Davis makes bombshell allegations against her boyfriend
[...]

Quanell accused Vence of abuse, and claimed to have surveillance video of Vence carrying items, including bleach, from the family's apartment.

Quanell admitted Bowens never reported any alleged abuse to police.

Houston police say they have no additional comment during their ongoing investigation. Eyewitness News is in the process of reaching out to Vence for a response to the allegations.

[...]

They fought before she left, she found him sending another man d pics, neighbors camera caught him on film leaving apt with bleach, and a laundry basket with a garbage bag in it. She fears he hurt Maleah because she accused him of being gay and told him she was giving The ring back. They want a manhunt.

If true, she left her fragile little girl with a man that she knows whooped her, and possibly molested her?

BB also confronted him about bathing Maleah.

Duh, she needs to talk straight. No man should be bathing or dressing little girls, unless she is his daughter, imo.
WTH is wrong with BB? WTH did she think was going to happen as soon as she left for her trip? She knew & I hope to heck she faces charges, if this is fact.
Imo, she enabled DV. Did she not think to tell daycare to never allow DV to take M out early? Omg, well, we can piece the rest of the story together......

Here is the link to the video. just in case anybody missed it.
Here's what I noted:

There is a video camera that captures the stepfather coming out of the apartment with a bottle of clorox, a laundry basket, and inside the laundry basket, a garbage bag. He had gone and bought another bottle of clorox and claimed he was cleaning the apartment.

On the day BB left to be with her dying father, they had a fight over DV sending naked penis pictures to another man and she confronted him about being gay.
She told him she was giving him back his ring and she wasn't going to marry him.

BB had heated words with DV in the past about him physically whooping and spanking Maleah. BB thought she was too small for him to be spanking her in the method he was using. She confronted him about bruises on Maleah and told him she was taking her to the hospital. He said, "No you're not," and "I'm not going down for this." The mistake she made was not going to the hospital immediately about the abuse. This was months ago.

There were times when he would say she was at daycare but he would bring her back to the home with him. There is reason to believe that there are possibilities that he molested Maleah. BB also confronted him about bathing Maleah.

There is a lot BB needs to share with LE that she has not shared yet. She didn't want to believe that this man was capable of what is obvious has happened here. This mother is a good woman but has suffered a lot of abuse in her life.

Video camera at top of stairwell that a neighbor owns. Police were able to retrieve that camera footage.

They believe DV is receiving family help and he's on the run. They believe it's time for a MANHUNT.

BB does not take questions and the attorney said, "She needs to share these details with police."

YA THINK?!!! :mad: @#$%^&*&(*)()*^%$$#><$#(&>?!@$%(&%@!?

Anyone else looking at her shaking her head "no" the whole time he's talking? Wouldn't you shake your head "yes" to agree with some of what he's saying?

And any idea how many gay men that also molest female children? Just doesn't make much sense to me. I think they're reaching....big time. They could have just mentioned what was seen on video.
oooo i didn't watch the video, just read the article ( i'm at work ) good catch tho...that body language is interesting to note. mom's entire act during this ordeal is interesting. Looking forward to seeing what LE has to say about the apparent video of DV leaving the house.

Thanks for the links to the latest video by BB's spokesman.

This poor girl. It's as bad as some here feared.

Honestly, BB, it's a good thing the spokesman walked you away so that shaking would stop.

So it's ok for Maleah to be bruised and molested allegedly, the deal breaker is sending "naked penis" photos to another man? She knew what was going on and kept allowing it to happen, per the interview with the spokesman .

Why is the spokesman telling the public before LE knows?

ETA: change a word

Last edited:
I am physically sick. This is horrid.

Now she knew that he occasionally brought her back from daycare after pretending to take her there? WTH

That poor innocent child.

People all around her... EVERYWHERE ... MISSED THE CLUES!
Emph. Mine.

^^^ Yes, I believe BB knew .

She knew everything and prob.suspected after she returned from the funeral what he'd done.
Until new evidence came to light... she didn't accuse him, but now it's like CYA mode for the adults who should have spoken before now. :(
This is not directed at those who tried to get custody before this.

And would explain the "No Contact Ban" for BB and DV.

Why would they say all this to the news? I hope they've given the PD this video & info. If he wasn't already on the run, he is now! And if she knows he was spanking her & had caused bruises, then WHY would she leave her daughter in his care when she went out of town? :mad:

ETA: he says she hasn't shared this info w/PD. Um...that should have been who they shared this with FIRST - not the media. SHEESH.
Emph. Mine

He was probably doing more than spanking too hard... (Referring to her serious head injury)
But still, she stayed by his side. Smdh.

I am so angry and disgusted. She suspected he was molesting Maleah, then left her alone with him, and THEN defended him when Maleah went missing. I don't want to hear about the abuse Brittany went through. That should have taught her to protect her children from abuse.
Emph. Mine

Possibly why she's lawyered up ?
And she'll most likely take no questions without consultation.

Poor little Maleah had some relatives who tried to take her from her situation. I can't imagine what they're going through now !

Last edited:
Wow! Guess that answers why I have been having trouble with the mom and the family dynamics. I just can't figure out why, if she knew DV was abusing her daughter, she left her with him? Why??? Oh my goodness.

And, he said they believe family is helping. Why did the court allow paternal grandmother to have the little boy?!?! I hope he stays safe and the grandmother does not let the son near him or have anything to do with him.

While a lot of this didn't surprise me, I still ticked off at the mom and other adults in MD's life. I'm sure BB mentioned stuff to her family about some of this.

I'm gob smacked.

A mother who had concerns that her BF was hitting her daughter and was not taking her to childcare so he could allegedly sexually abuse her felt it appropriate to leave her little girl with him while she flee to a funeral??

She needs slapping with neglect and whatever other charges they can lay at her door.

I don't buy the crocodile tears at all ages almost as much to blame as he is.

I hope her other poor children never have to see her again and live lives in happy safe environment away from her and anyone associated with her.

Her BF needs to be found and charged and hopefully death penalty awaits.

I'm so sad for poor Maleah she deserved so much more than the tragic life she has led.

Child services failed drastically also.

So her baby has been missing possibly deceased for a week and BB comes out with this now!! I can't!
I need to take a break and step away. Hopefully when I come back I will see 2 people arrested!!

She needs slapping with neglect and whatever other charges they can lay at her door.

I don't buy the crocodile tears at all ages almost as much to blame as he is.

I hope her other poor children never have to see her again and live lives in happy safe environment away from her and anyone associated with her.

I totally agree. I hope she gets prison time & I don’t buy her breaking it off with him. What disgusting excuses for human beings.

Thanks for the links to the latest video by BB's lawyer.

This poor girl. It's as bad as some here feared.

Honestly, BB, it's a good thing the lawyer walked you away so that shaking would stop.

So it's ok for Maleah to be bruised and molested allegedly, the deal breaker is sending "naked penis" photos to another man? She knew what was going on and kept allowing it to happen, per the interview with the lawyer.

Why is the lawyer telling the public before LE knows?

I thought he's just a community activist - not a lawyer. IDK though

Allegations of abuse against stepfather in Maleah Davis case, community activist says
[...]

Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, with community activist Quanell X speaking for her, claimed Friday afternoon that there is surveillance video of Vence coming out of his apartment with a bottle of Clorox and a laundry basket with a garbage bag inside.

"When he spoke to the mother, he told her he was cleaning up the apartment, and she didn't understand why he would be cleaning up the apartment," Quanell X said. "He went and bought an extra bottle of Clorox... to clean out the apartment."

Quanell X said Bowens and Vence got into an argument after Bowens caught Vence sending naked photos to another man and she confronted him.

"She told him that she was giving back his ring and that she was not going to marry him, and I believe that caused him to snap in anger against young Maleah," he said.

Quanell X claimed Bowens was concerned months ago about Vence "whooping" Maleah because she was special needs and too small.

"There is a reason to believe, based on what I know now, that there are issues of him possibly molesting Maleah," Quanell X said.

He said Bowens had not told law enforcement officials about the allegations.

When asked why Bowens kept the information a secret, Quanell X said, "(She) did not want to believe by any stretch of the imagination that this man was capable of what is obvious that has taken place here. She has suffered a lot of abuse in her life."

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member