Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parked vehicles are also evident by satellite imagery.

The detail of satellite images used by Google Maps is quite amazing.

View attachment 184323
I’ve read that the satellite image can be searched by date, has anyone already done this for that old CPS parking lot on Feb. 13th, 2017?
I just tried but I'm on my iPad and am not getting anywhere.

No disrespect taken. It’s just opinions. I carry a Glock and in my shoulder holster, the gun is under my left arm, not in front. I am right handed. Only the handle of the gun sticks out. I also have one that fits on my right side and the gun sits lower on my hip, but not in front. Only the handle sticks out. There are several different styles though. If it possibly was a gun, and a gun was involved, along with other items, I just cannot see him taking the time to mess around to get it out from under his jacket.
I believe it’s likely he was carrying a gun, but I just don’t see it in the image, and don’t believe it would have been holstered in the first place.

I’m envisioning a small revolver, and not a semi-automatic.

I think he would have kept it in his pocket.

Anecdotally atleast, it doesn’t appear that most criminals carry their weapons in holsters.

I hate to even ask this, but do we know both girls were deceased? Maybe the BG got scared away by more activity around the bridge. Now whether or not they would be able to communicate is another issue. Sorry, this makes me feel sick to even think it.
I belive LE knows who BG is, and understood the 'could be in this room' part of Carter's speech to be more figurative than literal. I think he was trying to reinforce to the people of Delphi that BG blends in with the locals, and is someone you would least suspect of this crime. He might be your neighbour, roommate, server, teacher, pastor, coach, mechanic etc. He has been 'hiding in plain sight'. Carter needs the Delphi locals to accept that someone they trust committed this evil act against the girls and against their community.
BBM I can't help but wonder if the press conference was all planned out for we all know that many times the killer will return to crime scene and I think he helped look for the girls. I can't remember who did find the girls. By him saying you may be in this room, I think he was trying to make this man squirm. God I hope I am wrong but could it be a LE, Pastor, mayors son...? I think its someone big. How else would they be at the conference? MOO

No disrespect taken. It’s just opinions. I carry a Glock and in my shoulder holster, the gun is under my left arm, not in front. I am right handed. Only the handle of the gun sticks out. I also have one that fits on my right side and the gun sits lower on my hip, but not in front. Only the handle sticks out. There are several different styles though. If it possibly was a gun, and a gun was involved, along with other items, I just cannot see him taking the time to mess around to get it out from under his jacket.

(Hi, I’m just seeing your response now. I had already actually deleted that section of the post because it sounded rude even though that wasn’t my intention. :))

I’ve read that the satellite image can be searched by date, has anyone already done this for that old CPS parking lot on Feb. 13th, 2017?
I just tried but I'm on my iPad and am not getting anywhere.

There are private companies that do this, but I imagine you have to pay in most instances.

It would be an incredible tool for law enforcement, if the area had satellite coverage at the time.

These companies are just taking off, and it won’t be long until most corners of the globe are routinely covered.

Hopefully it’s an option here.

In those cases when LE has known who the perp was but waited to make an arrest...they were not having PC’s showing new sketches, with a 20+ year age range...so it is not quite the same as those. Jmo

You've compared apples and oranges, imo. The comments I think you're referring to, were to point out a possible similarity in the two cases. That is; suspecting strongly that a person is the POI and having some information towards proving that... yet needed some more vital information to seal the case and make an arrest. (Because some others have said that LE would arrest the killer if they already know who it is.) Well, maybe not... that was the point of the comments.

We weren't discussing age differences or sketches (there were no sketches in the Rhoden case) ...but LE in the Rhoden case certainly did shift from suspecting one group of people to another group during the investigation and, if there had been a need for sketches, they certainly would have had to present different sketches and announce to the public... But, why imagine beyond what actually happened?

Again, the point was to demonstrate that it's possible to strongly suspect someone or some people... (in any case at all, similar or not) and still not make an arrest(s) until they have the vital evidence they need.

Last edited:
As part of my theory I think the car is part of the critical timeline. The person whose car it belongs to might have been reported to the tip line very early on. But the individual was quickly eliminated because their alibi was corroborated by a trusted source.

But on reexamination of this persons alibi specifically during the noon to 5 PM period it quickly unraveled. Investigators could not find an independent unimpeachable source to corroborate his reported timeline of events on the 13th.

This is but one theory but as MDATCA posted I think the anger and shaming by Carter was directed to the person(s) who sheltered and provided corroborating cover for the murderer of Libby and Abby.

MOO
BBM Did the couple with the car that got arrested in another state be cleared? I mean what kinda car did they have? JW

I hate to even ask this, but do we know both girls were deceased? Maybe the BG got scared away by more activity around the bridge. Now whether or not they would be able to communicate is another issue. Sorry, this makes me feel sick to even think it.
BBM I can't help but wonder if the press conference was all planned out for we all know that many times the killer will return to crime scene and I think he helped look for the girls. I can't remember who did find the girls. By him saying you may be in this room, I think he was trying to make this man squirm. God I hope I am wrong but could it be a LE, Pastor, mayors son...? I think its someone big. How else would they be at the conference? MOO
Maybe a seemingly concerned citizen turned out to anything but in the LE's eyes. It was chilling that PC, I have to believe the language directed at the killer was well thought out ahead of time. I've seen PC's where the LE spoke briefly to an anonymous killer but more like we're coming for you kind of thing. ISP Carter's words were, IMO, said to a particular and probably known suspect. AJMO

There are private companies that do this, but I imagine you have to pay in most instances.

It would be an incredible tool for law enforcement, if the area had satellite coverage at the time.

These companies are just taking off, and it won’t be long until most corners of the globe are routinely covered.

Hopefully it’s an option here.

Digital Globe.

DigitalGlobe | Extract insights, validate critical decisions

I wonder if LE would have done this...not that DG would necessarily have images or share them, but it wouldn’t hurt to check. They are a company here in NOCO. They also do TOMNOD:
Tomnod

Last edited:
Send it to Digital Globe:

DigitalGlobe | Extract insights, validate critical decisions

(I wonder think if LE would have done this...not that DG would necessarily help or have images, but they might if you asked them. They are a company here in NOCO. They also due TOMNOD.
This company was recently featured on 60 Minutes. Their satellites are about the size of a loaf of bread, and can spot an object the size of a first.

A private company named Planet Labs has put about 300 small satellites into space, enough to take a picture of the entire land mass of the Earth every day.

The problem is that it’s “every day” and not “every hour of every day.”

There would have to have been a satellite overhead during that time period. It’s unlikely, but hopefully is something they’re exploring.

Planet Labs: Satellite company launches "largest fleet of satellites in human history" to photograph Earth — 60 Minutes - CBS News

Last edited:
I don't see a gun or a knife in the photo - it just isn't clear enough. I don't see this guy carrying a Glock, Sig, S&W, Kimber or other firearm in an IWB (Inside the Waist Band) holster. (I do wonder what that is in one photo near his waist on his right side just under his jacket. Shirt hanging out? Fanny pack? No one I know of uses a fanny pack anymore.) I DO believe he had a firearm, though and that was how he was able to control them. It looks like he has his hands in his pockets so who knows - maybe he had a small firearm of .22, .25 or .32 caliber in his pocket. Something like a Beretta Bobcat, Tomcat or Seecamp .25 or .32. He could have his hand on such a gun inside a pocket and most folks wouldn't notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike