Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

“I think the child got out the back door of the house. The way that the house sits, you’re looking down the road. So for the child to get down the road, his dad would’ve been able to see him,” said Robert Prater, director of the EMA and a friend of the family.
This is not directed at Trudie's post, but at the media's reporting of this.
This part of several articles bothers me. Was this friend there and reporting what he was told or is he speculating? Are we getting two versions because he is telling one and Dad is telling the right one? Am I missing something in the coverage?

From an article referring to the 1/2 mile grid search
By WKYT News Staff |

Posted: Mon 4:42 AM, May 13, 2019 |
Updated: Tue 3:30 PM, May 14, 2019

Official search resumes for missing toddler in Magoffin County

“If I had a picture of it to show the area the dogs covered it would look like spaghetti strung all over," said Magoffin Co. Search and Rescue Chief Carter Conley.

There is a wooded hillside behind and around the boy's home at the end of a hollow. The search grid is a half-mile radius from the house

One challenge the teams face is the terrain. It's covered in trees and brush, and it's steep. Crews told WKYT they've had to use ropes to get down in a ravine. They also used a side-by-side and almost flipped at one point.

Some are even more concerned because of the cooler weather and rainy conditions that have occurred since his disappearance.

"It's gut-wrenching. It really is," emergency manager and family friend Robert Prater said. "As cool as it got last night and the rain, you start to worry about hypothermia."

Search and rescue leaders say they've exhausted all of their resources and have done everything they know to do until they get more information from investigators.

I personally don't think its very likely, It would have been difficult imo its a pretty steep incline and I think family would have heard the commotion of a side by side navigating through that area JMO

View attachment 184497

Idk how noisy it is around there as far as atv/4 wheeling people out & about on the weekends. Also, I don’t mean someone pulled right up, but if anyone was watching, did they park & walk up? Only a thought.
If dad was engaged in convo or a task, thinking K was playing...it could have happened.
I think K was clearly well taken care of & loved, his pics show him dressed in brand name outfits, he’s clean & I know pics mean little but I think they do.
I’m ruling out an accident covered up by family, I think they would have sped out of there, racing to a hospital or the closest location to meet up with an ambulance. Jmo
I am deeply bothered about dad using past tense during his interview, tho.

SALYERSVILLE, Ky. (WKYT/WYMT) - Kentucky State Police are continuing the search for a Magoffin County toddler who hasn't been seen since Sunday evening.

KENNETH+HOWARD+16+9.jpg

WYMT reports troopers are bringing horses to assist in the search for 22-month-old Kenneth Howard Wednesday. Volunteers are also expected to participate in search efforts.

Crews scoured the Kenneth Combs Road area of Magoffin County, near Floyd County Monday. Tuesday's search was expanded into Floyd County. Search leaders say they were contacted approximately one hour after Howard went missing Sunday night. Kentucky State Police is leading the investigation, and it is being considered a missing person case.

Many of you recall I wanted to search by horseback but the search was suddenly called off. Now it is too late for me & my cowboy posse to load up & go but I’m checking about horse search for tomorrow.

Just thinking of all possibilities,
Wonder if whom ever dad was speaking with had a vehicle accessible for this little one to climb in or into the back?
Not recognized?

I thought about him climbing in the back of a truck?
I wanted to bring this from my link in post #544:

At this point, investigators are urging anyone with information to come forward.

"Don't hesitate", said Conley. "If you think you might have spotted this child anywhere, don't hesitate to call the local state police."

See....it makes me lean more towards abduction or
a personal issue. Is this child safe, was he handed off to someone for some reason?
Because we can assume he has not been seen in a strip mine or ravine by anyone.

Idk how noisy it is around there as far as atv/4 wheeling people out & about on the weekends. Also, I don’t mean someone pulled right up, but if anyone was watching, did they park & walk up? Only a thought.
If dad was engaged in convo or a task, thinking K was playing...it could have happened.
I think K was clearly well taken care of & loved, his pics show him dressed in brand name outfits, he’s clean & I know pics mean little but I think they do.
I’m ruling out an accident covered up by family, I think they would have sped out of there, racing to a hospital or the closest location to meet up with an ambulance. Jmo
I am deeply bothered about dad using past tense during his interview, tho.

I'm not ruling anything out other than the blatantly obvious:

Theres no way in heck that 21 mo old scaled that steep hillside behind the house

He may very well have wandered out to the road via the driveway

Someone may have abducted him and the parents were inside longer than whats being told

Or there may be foul play by someone that the child knew that LE hasn't uncovered yet

JMO

I'm from Salyersville, Ky. Grew up there, still have lots of family & friends there. I agree. One of 2 things has happened, imo. My brother is a member of the Rescue Squad. He was sleeping when I called to ask him if he knew anything new. But, I have spoke to others, includings friends that are related to this family & this has almost all I spoke with scratching their heads. And I was told (hear-say) the mother, Samantha Martin, & the father, Elden Howard, are divorced, or in the process, but are still living together.
Unfortunately, imo- this isnt going to end well. When I was first told about this, I just had an atrocious feeling. Is it because of so many lurid stories we hear more & more on the news? Maybe, but at the end of the day, 1+1 will always equal two. If it doesnt, somethings wrong.
Ive had a terrible, gut wrenching feeling, and as each hour goes by, the unwanted outcome appears to be forcing through to reality. I hope with everything in me that Im wrong. I hope, like many, that this repugnant feeling is wrong. I hope this beautiful, sweet, innocent child is brought to safety--alive. If the unfathomable has happened,,, at least let his little body be found and laid to rest.
*Also--Not sure what page # I saw the link someone posted,(Im sorry,having issues w/ lagging & not able to click pages on this thread) but "Combs Branch", is not the same road as "Kenneth Combs Branch", where little Kenneths parents live. Thats the total opposite side of the County. Combs Branch is "sorta" toward Morgan County. The Howard's live near the Floyd County line.

Has anyone found this location on the maps so we know which one is accurate?

I wonder if there’s confusion about how long he was gone before they realized he was in fact missing. Still, how far could he go barefoot or wearing sandals, on such rough terrain? Not far, imo.
I just drooled something off at a friend, she has her 20 mo grandson. When she opened the door & stepped out, he also toddled out. Immediately he noticed a caterpillar & plopped down. That held his attention until I got ready to leave (5 minutes) he then started down the patio seps & found bird poop that needed to be investigated. I was thinking it would take him a month of Sunday’s to get off the patio, lol. He’s a bright, happy kid, completely normal.....but in no hurry to go anywhere, too much to explore.
Yes toddlers have an attention span of a gnat!

Again, ita. He is not a Sherpa!

I’m thinking how important a little namesake is down in the holler......

Ya know? A little heir going missing on Mothers Day.
Is there more here? Yes, I believe so.
My gut is telling me he’s fine. I hope I’m right.
All moo & speculation.

With a SAR group, is there a time limit/area limit, etc., which, after it has been passed, that the SAR activities are terminated?
I've "seen" many searches here on WS, and when a "time" or whatever is called, the case is turned over to LE and investigators. Even then, however, local searchers will still organize and search or canvas an area.
I would think that the wide-traveling groups have calls elsewhere quite often. My friend is a SAR member here in NC, and they do have several teams, mainly because not every member can go to a site on every call-up. The search & rescue searchers will sometimes have to turn their efforts over to the recovery group.
Is it usual practice to call off a search after certain criteria are met? Just wondering if we're getting close to that here. SMH.
This is just awful. That little, little boy.

Again, ita. He is not a Sherpa!

I’m thinking how important a little namesake is down in the holler......

Ya know? A little heir going missing on Mothers Day.
Is there more here? Yes, I believe so.
My gut is telling me he’s fine. I hope I’m right.
All moo & speculation.

I so hope your gut is right!!!!

Get your horse ready just in case, please.

I've often wondered why a search team isn't positioned a two mile radius out from the house what would search inward toward the house and a second search team positioned at the house searching outward and then the teams could meet. It seems that if the child has wandered much further than assumed, the team searching inward would have a better chance of finding them. JMO

Whenever a parent / Guardian talk about what they are going through (in a missing case as this and not the welfare of their missing Son / daughter it should always be flagged.

Whenever a parent / Guardian praises authorities when they haven't found their missing Son / daughter, again it should be flagged. (ingratiation)

Mother of missing Magoffin County toddler speaks out - ABC 36 News

Dad, Says similar.
Mother of missing Magoffin County toddler speaks out - ABC 36 News

However, we don't know if what they say is in response to a question. If not, then?.

I watched the Mother’s interview. I do sympathize with her because she does appear to be grieving.

She doesn’t call “Kenny” by name, she just says she feels dazed and she can’t eat or sleep.

No mention of her concern that her 22 mo old baby is out in the night, all alone, cold, wet and hungry.

IMHO, sadly, I think an accident happened to little Kenny and this is a cover up by the parents to make it appear that he just wandered away.

Very sad.

JMHO
I don't think I've ever hoped that someone was wrong, but I am hoping that you are so wrong. He looks like such a well cared for and happy little guy. I know accidents happen to a lot of children who are just as well cared for & happy. I'm mostly hoping that you are wrong because I can't see how or why they would leave their little guy out in the elements for his little body to be ravaged by wildlife if it were an accident & there was no intent to harm.
I'm still hoping little "bubby" is alive and cozied up somewhere to keep warm. I realize it's a long shot because of the weather the past couple nights, but I'm still hoping he beats all the odds.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back