Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now, to question myself:

If LE has the make/model or possible Indiana state plate (or number), how could they not have already tracked down the owner? There are thousands of cars in that county, but only so many that would match up with a specific description. Maybe LE interviewed all the owners of vehicles like this, and alibi's checked out? Or BG wasn't the owner of the vehicle and the owner is covering or wasn't aware he had it at the time?

With LE asking for a description and owner, maybe they are trying to disprove an alibi? Maybe I've already had WAY too much coffee this morning?
I don't recall LE ever asking for a description of the vehicle. They only asked for anyone with any info about the vehicle to come forward, and more specifically, info regarding the driver of said vehicle on 02.13.17.

So So true, Mtnlites. BG's mannerisms are pretty unique, when taken as a whole.
1) the way he shifts his weight
2) hunches his shoulders
3) leans his body forward with head bowed​

Smartly, you have all sleuthed my avatar and know that I am a dancer and a musician.

So, Mtnlites,
I will also add to your very perceptive list:
4) BG pronates his right foot ( Some of you have already said pidgeon-toed, and, yes, but it is only his right foot which twists)
5) he throws his right hip forward, kicking his right leg out, when he steps. (only on the right again)​

Dancers see things in how people move to a fine degree,..... only because we have to copy NUANCES exactly, in order to get our paycheck!!!!!

BG's voice is also distinctive.
6) his timbre is affected by heavy smoking perhaps, so it is a .. "reedy", raspy, "tinny"-sounding voice.​

Many sleuthers have already brought this up.

Not just the musicians. (LOL)

It is concerning that BG has not been apprehended yet. So many on this forum have noted that there are obvious mannerisms which BG exhibits that even a co-worker would see, and be compelled to call the tip-line.

(MOO: Amateur physiological speculation and too many years listening to good 70's rock.) ETA: better description
Very astute analysis. Seems like you are suggesting that he is using the rest of his body to boost his right leg. Could this be indicative of, say, a knee injury?

I don't recall LE ever asking for a description of the vehicle. They only asked for anyone with any info about the vehicle to come forward, and more specifically, the driver of said vehicle on 02.13.17.
I believe the tip line requested the description or plate number, iirc. Which could be to verify the authenticity of the tip? IDK

Ok, they have swabbed him. I turned him in within two weeks of the murders but they didn't swab him until a year plus later. But if they asked him where he was on the Feb. 13th . date and he told them, would they follow up and check it out. Would they do that for every call that has been made to LE?
I'd have to say that would depend on circumstances.
If a year has passed after you not only turned him in, but they have had enough time to review your tip, but waited a year to swab him from that date, to me that would tell me that they have gone back and are re'reviewing the tips, and have singled him out.
So, yes, to me, if they have taken interest enough to swab him, they'd check out the alibi as well.
On the other hand, once they are out of leads, they may do a DNA dragnet, like they did in Turo Ma, where they asked every male in town for a voluntary DNA sample to help solve a 4 year old murder case. It took another year to get results, but they did get their man. Do I think they checked out every alibi from every man in town? No. I think in that case they waited for the DNA result.

Tiger Stripes said:
@insearchoflight: With all due respect, and as always, MOO, I disagree. I believe that they have the suspect's physical location pinned down to GPS coordinates (but at this very moment, he believes he's gotten away with this, "scot-free").

Jumping in this to ask: Is it possible they were able to triangulate the cell phone signals for the afternoon of Feb 13, and came up with a location matching where the vehicle of interest at the old DCS office parking lot was?

If vehicle belonged to BG, maybe he left his cell in his car while he did his murdering, because he thought he was smart enough to realize he shouldn't walk around with his cell due to location app?
I may be wrong, but, without a specific phone number to track, unless that person is making a call from the parking lot, they wouldn't be able to track the history.
Once they have the number then they could track the history of where the phone has been.

No one has a clue who committed this crime. Saw GMA and even the LEO said they have no clue who did this. Can’t believe this is thread 103 and folks keep rehashing the same stuff.

It's been more than two years since Liberty German and Abigail Williams were killed, but investigators continue to hold onto hope, saying they are just "one tip" away from finding their killer.

“If somebody knows something, they need to tell us," ISP Superintendent Doug Carter said. "I think they’re afraid to — it's why we have not heard yet — I think they’re afraid to.”....”

ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders

What Carter has stated, about somebody being afraid to come forward, I don’t think is helpful at all. It comes across as if he’s pulling a reason from thin air to justify why this case remains unsolved, a shade away from blaming someone unknown.

If he truly felt somebody was afraid to come forward this would’ve been a perfect opportunity for him to mention various reassurances hoping to reduce their fear, ie confidentiality, ask to contact him personally, police would ensure protection, etc.

Considering he already made a dramatic appeal to the suspect, why isn’t he also addressing the unknown and fearful person he thinks has that “one tip”?

Can anyone remind me if JP in the Jayme Closs case had a cell phone with him the night he took Jayme? I remember he had taken other precautions like shaving his head, and removing the license plate IIRC. I also remember we had talked over there prior to JP arrest about cell phone's and location tracking...

Asking because some of us here (me) are wondering about triangulation and location tracking in regards to BG and vehicle information asked for by LE.

Can anyone remind me if JP in the Jayme Closs case had a cell phone with him the night he took Jayme? I remember he had taken other precautions like shaving his head, and removing the license plate IIRC. I also remember we had talked over there prior to JP arrest about cell phone's and location tracking...

Asking because some of us here (me) are wondering about triangulation and location tracking in regards to BG and vehicle information asked for by LE.
Iirc, he didn’t have a phone at all

Probably but unless they trace it back to where it was bought and they can obtain video or it was paid for with a card there is no way to trace who owns it unless they still have it. Hence the reason behind a burner phone.
True - If it’s a straight up burner phone that wasn’t used, but If they made even one call/text LE could figure out that person and ask them who called/texted. I’m guessing if they got a burner phone they intended to use it in some capacity at some point. Why spend the money otherwise?

No one has a clue who committed this crime. Saw GMA and even the LEO said they have no clue who did this. Can’t believe this is thread 103 and folks keep rehashing the same stuff.
And this is exactly what LE does....rehash and rehash, (in parallel to forensics, interviews, etc), until something emerges.
With a case that is as complex as this one, with potential ties to others, it takes time, meticulous examination, patience, and even luck.

Amateur opinion and speculation

How would they decipher that particular phone from the hundreds of others driving by without bring able to pin a number to it?
Which carrier would be checking the history?

Respectfully, that is my point. If all the signals for cell phones in that area were either moving through the area with a purpose, ie. driving down the freeway, what if there was a triangulation of a burner phone in the area of the DCS parking lot, they wouldn't have the phone number, just the signal triangulation for a period of time, along with a vehicle sighting from that day from that parking lot, and they are trying to match that unknown phone location/triangulation to that vehicle??

Cellphone tower coverage encompasses a radius of several miles so unless a cellphone user is travelling beyond the range of one cellphone tower into the coverage area of distant cellphone towers, triangulation is not possible.

Because of overlapped cellphone tower coverage, even a stationary cellphone will ping to different towers depending on high and low volumes and available capacity.

But GPS, a function available for cellphones (if turned on) and on some vehicles is capable of tracking precise locations via satellite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann