Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you link to the charging docs?

I read his confession in the report, the charging documents. It sounds like he got drunk, his sister and her BF were drunk and making out, they went to bed, he says he could hear them, and went outside...then he says he often "blacks out" while drunk. OMG, he was drunk, horny and his niece was right there...

It is beyond depraved. And sick to read the arrest report. Especially the part where he started licking his hands in custody, because they were still crusty.

I don't care that he finally cooperated, he merits the death penalty. And I don't care if his childhood was terrible. Other people have terrible childhood experiences, and other people get drunk...and they don't kill small children!

while i believe psychopathy is a brain pathology, it is not excusable.
He's not emotional - he's a manipulator.[/QUOTE]

BBM- You're right, as evidenced by what was written in the PC Statement. AW told the detective about his struggles as a child and how horribly his family had treated him over the years. As if that could offset what he did to Lizzy :mad:

Yeah, of course no one knows what AW was thinking when he went to the home, but AW. But it's the attorney's role in the system to defend him, and he's obviously talked to AW, so AW presumably has told him it wasn't premeditated.

He thought about going to her room. He gathered weapons. Sounds premeditated to me, if only 10 minutes. But IMO he knew what he was going to do before he arrived at his sister's house

BBM:

Right now, my thoughts are with the LEOs who were on scene when ES' body was recovered.
I'm very concerned about the emotional toll this will exact upon these officers.

My hope is that there is some kind of protocol for incidents like this where officers are provided mandatory counseling or some type of support services in both the immediate aftermath and as needed later on down the road.

There is no amount of professional training that can prepare you for the sight of a brutally murdered child. LEOs are not immune from the terrible impact of such traumatic events.

Taking a moment to thank all the LEOs and volunteers who assisted in the search for ES.

JMO.

Agreed.

In watching the live feed, it was not lost on me that it was Chief Jensen that was walking the sidewalk, roping off the street with crime tape. He was very emotional earlier, and probably couldn't stand still in the yard where this precious child was tossed away like rubbish.

These searches are so hard - I was on two for Caylee Anthony and it is not as easy as it seems - they have to have permission from each homeowner to enter the property and depending on the state of the remains there may not be a strong trail for search dogs IMO - having said all this I thought and posted she would be found in a 1-2 mile radius of home based on his movements caught on video and reported by witnesses - so very sad at this outcome it I prepared myself this time hugs to all you sleuthers and those on the scanner thread today was tough - hug your kids for sure and single parents have a look at what @gitana1 posted about allowing anyone near your children - unfortunately even family now
Apologies if it’s already been done but could you please post a link to Gitana’s post/advice? I’ve been busy with the McStay family trial and just saw this announcement regarding the sweetheart being found. TIA
Hugs to all of you and I agree please hug your kids a little tighter tonight. This is a nightmare...

I read his confession in the report, the charging documents. It sounds like he got drunk, his sister and her BF were drunk and making out, they went to bed, he says he could hear them, and went outside...then he says he often "blacks out" while drunk. OMG, he was drunk, horny and his niece was right there...

It is beyond depraved. And sick to read the arrest report. Especially the part where he started licking his hands in custody, because they were still crusty.

I don't care that he finally cooperated, he merits the death penalty. And I don't care if his childhood was terrible. Other people have terrible childhood experiences, and other people get drunk...and they don't kill small children!
This! A thousand times THIS!

https://ksltv.com/415032/grandfather-says-suspect-in-murder-had-sad-childhood/

5/29/19

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Latest on a Utah man charged with killing his 5-year-old niece (all times local):

3:15 p.m.

The grandfather of a Utah man charged with murder in the disappearance of his niece says his grandson had a sad childhood and many problems but never showed violent tendencies that would suggest he was capable of killing anyone.

Bill Whipple said Wednesday that the extended family is in shock about why 21-year-old Alex Whipple might have harmed 5-year-old Elizabeth “Lizzy” Shelley.

He says Alex Whipple’s mother left the family when he was young, leaving his father to raise three children alone while he worked as a truck driver.

He says Alex Whipple spent time in foster homes and didn’t graduate from high school.

Many kids grow up with a single parent, have sad childhoods and problems. People need to stop making excuses for these pathetic and vile child killers.

it sounds like it's quite possible ES was hurt in the home and then moved either in order to kill her or after she had been killed.

He thought about going to her room. He gathered weapons. Sounds premeditated to me, if only 10 minutes. But IMO he knew what he was going to do before he arrived at his sister's house

https://ksltv.com/415032/grandfather-says-suspect-in-murder-had-sad-childhood/

5/29/19

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Latest on a Utah man charged with killing his 5-year-old niece (all times local):

3:15 p.m.

The grandfather of a Utah man charged with murder in the disappearance of his niece says his grandson had a sad childhood and many problems but never showed violent tendencies that would suggest he was capable of killing anyone.

Bill Whipple said Wednesday that the extended family is in shock about why 21-year-old Alex Whipple might have harmed 5-year-old Elizabeth “Lizzy” Shelley.

He says Alex Whipple’s mother left the family when he was young, leaving his father to raise three children alone while he worked as a truck driver.

He says Alex Whipple spent time in foster homes and didn’t graduate from high school.

I mention on last thread the possibilities of a grandparent(s) living very close by. I said it could be a number of Lizzy’s grandparents.

I didn’t think that the “grandparent” I had read about that lives very close by Lizzy’s house, could be Alex’s & Jessica’s grandparent(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice is coming