Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, they can’t have it both ways. They can’t give him special privileges and access as ‘a member of the defense team,’ but claim that he’s just some hapless civilian, totally unconnected to them, when he commits egregious misconduct.

Even if he spent ONE day in the courtroom, he would have heard the jury admonitions...."do not form or express an opinion......DO NOT DISCUSS the case......"

Somebody asked about this earlier.
JD Crighton @JDCrighton

#mcstay: Judge states affidavits submitted on Thurs. If any side wants to submit a brief on whether or not he should be held in contempt, can do so. Imes asks if there is a verdict prior to that is court going to hold under seal. Judge said no. Those jurors were not affected.

So I wonder if the judge asked the other jurors if anyone approached them? or did he take Wallace's word for it? I am always a bit hesitant with her tweets ... they have not always been correct :confused:

So I wonder if the judge asked the other jurors if anyone approached them? or did he take Wallace's word for it? I am always a bit hesitant with her tweets ... they have not always been correct :confused:

It’s a bit of a problem, because if you ask the jurors if anyone has approached them—you’re shaping their view of the trial. But, taking Wallace’s word for it? I’d certainly hope that the judge isn’t that naive.

I get what Missy is trying to say. The DT said Wallace is a part of their team so he would be able to have the same access to Merritt as the attorneys have. As we all know attorneys have certain privileges and access at the courthouse, with their client, etc. and by Wallace being a "member" of the DT the special privileges extend to him, to a degree anyway.

I just don’t think McGee would have said he was part of the defense and helped with preparing for trial if he was just loosely associated with them . I don’t think they would have requested 2 days to prepare affidavits if it was that simple.
These are the guys who whined “it’s not fair” several times a week.
I don’t think they would have made an announcement that Wallace was joining the defense team , along with some other names , back in 2016 if he was just there to write a book.

IIRC this incident happened last Thursday but was only brought up in court today.
I don’t know if the attorneys knew Wallace was planning to approach the alternates, but I do believe the attorneys would have distanced themselves further from Wallace , if they could have.
He may have approached the alternates on behalf of the book/documentary , but he’s still in deep as a DT member.
Anxiously awaiting a brief from the Prosecution.
JMO of course

seriously LOL I posted this morning that I found an article (which was in 2015 btw) that he was a media advisor for the defense. VERDICT WATCH - Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2 Some days I truly believe that if I posted black, I would get a ton of responses that would say nope, nuh uh, it's white LOL Having different opinions is just that, but it doesn't mean that EVERYTHING has to be a differing opinion. JMO

I am fully aware of what was stated in court, what I am saying is that IMO they gave this guy a title so he could hang with the defense and do his thing for the documentary. I am not saying that what he did wasn't wrong. As for playing dumb, I am sure he will, he will say he is not a lawyer or an officer of the court and didn't know any better blah blah blah. But no one, regardless of whether they are on the defense team, the prosecution team, a journalist, or a member of the public should have approached them, and especially not for an interview. What the guy did was wrong. I hope that he is held responsible in some way. Also JMO.
I saw your post earlier but was referring to one I read & that another poster provided , that was from the July , 2016 hearing.
Guess we’ll see.

This is a big CF the likes I haven’t seen since the Casey Anthony trial! I am disgusted and dismayed with the kangaroo court that our legal system has become. Enough already!
Sorry for the rant but we grant the accused and their accessories more rights than victims. Shameful IMHO!

True. But isn't it kind of a conflict of interest?

Wallace is part of the defense team, and at the same time, he is the Executive Producer of the 'documentary.' So that right there tells us that it is not an unbiased, impartial film. It is defense driven in every respect.

That seems unfair that it is being shot throughout the trial. It is being produced by the defense team, essentially.
At least now I understand how Merritt ended up with the deceitful duo versus an average run-of-the-mill public defender. Who's greasing who's palm?

Last edited:
It’s a bit of a problem, because if you ask the jurors if anyone has approached them—you’re shaping their view of the trial. But, taking Wallace’s word for it? I’d certainly hope that the judge isn’t that naive.

Yeah, I'm not sure how the right way would be to handle it, but the way that tweet was worded, it made it sound like the judge was 'confident' that the others were not a concern. I know that Cathy said their camera's were not allowed in for the hearing (which I could understand since they were questioning 2 alt jurors), but I wonder if they were prevented from getting the audio as well...

I just don’t think McGee would have said he was part of the defense and helped with preparing for trial if he was just loosely associated with them . I don’t think they would have requested 2 days to prepare affidavits if it was that simple.
These are the guys who whined “it’s not fair” several times a week.
I don’t think they would have made an announcement that Wallace was joining the defense team , along with some other names , back in 2016 if he was just there to write a book.

IIRC this incident happened last Thursday but was only brought up in court today.
I don’t know if the attorneys knew Wallace was planning to approach the alternates, but I do believe the attorneys would have distanced themselves further from Wallace , if they could have.
He may have approached the alternates on behalf of the book/documentary , but he’s still in deep as a DT member.
Anxiously awaiting a brief from the Prosecution.
JMO of course
I don't remember seeing anything about it taking place last Thursday. Do you know where you read that? Not saying it didn't happen just saying my memory is shot. Lol

But they are not going to put all the raw footage up there for their audience. It will be edited and trimmed to fit a very narrow narrative, honed by the defense team. We will only see parts of the hearings that fit into that specific pro-defense narrative.
Yes, nothing to put their boys in a bad light. Only prosecuting attorneys (or "the government") hellbent on railroading Merritt while ignoring other evidence pointing to their defendant's innocence.

So, this unethical creep is writing a book about these horrible murders, yet, works for the defence?
Dude. You are NOT Truman Capote or Ann Rule.
I personally see an ambulance chaser looking to make money off the tortured dead bodies of two parents and their two toddlers.
Their are many ways to be a disgusting human being.
In my mind, this is really up there.
Just ugggh.
If you scroll back you’ll find posts that include when he was hired as part of this defense team (2016) & that one of the defense attorneys has confirmed to JS that Wallace IS part of the defense team.
They can’t play dumb & say he didn’t know he couldn’t approach jurors or alternates ,who may still be required to participate in deciding a verdict.
This is a huge deal.

Absolutely and exactly Katy.
I personally see CREEP all over this.

And my point is that if he is the Executive Producer of the documentary, which follows the defense team throughout the trial, then he is the ultimate media guy. IMO

The purpose of this documentary, in my opinion, is to have the next Steve Avery type media hit, and to portray Chase as the helpless victim of railroading by the evil DA.

Which puts Robert Wallace in the driver's seat of the ultimate media spin.

I don't know why some are trying to dismiss this guy as some low level hapless employee, too inexperienced to know his way around the courthouse. He was the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER of the documentary. You don't get an expensive project like that off the ground without some money and power. Especially considering you need to get everyone onboard with filming during a quadruple murder trial. This guy is no dummy.

I am not sure what his motive was, but it wasn't an innocent mistake, in my opinion.

This is a big CF the likes I haven’t seen since the Casey Anthony trial! I am disgusted and dismayed with the kangaroo court that our legal system has become. Enough already!
Sorry for the rant but we grant the accused and their accessories more rights than victims. Shameful IMHO!
Totally agree.

Can we now sleuth this Wallace dude?
I'm tired and crazy busy. But if anyone is up for the task, please do.
I think Missy already did! Disgraceful that anyone would seek to glorify any of this CF. Four lives lost all bludgeoned to death and everyone seems more interested in a documentary and money.

Is the reason cameras were not allowed in the courtroom because money was to be made by the defense team and their accessories? Isn’t there a federal law prohibiting profits or is that only if the defendant is found guilty? OJ and
If I Did It? Anyone?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member