Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t he turn it in before he realised that he was caught on surveillance cameras plopping bag after bag of evidence in Hartford? I think he and his lawyer are not so smart-I can’t believe his lawyer let him hand it over when he had no legal obligation to do so.
New Canaan investigators met briefly with FD the day after his estranged wife vanished. At that time, they seized his iPhone, for which they had obtained a warrant to conduct a forensic search.

FD' cellphone records showed that around 1:30 p.m. the day JD disappeared, her estranged husband left his home and drove about 2 miles to a Farmington property belonging to his company. After a couple of hours, his cellphone showed he returned home.

FD returned to the company property around 5:20 p.m., about 90 minutes before officers first showed up at JD's home. The cellphone returned to his and MT’ home a few minutes later, and then records show it traveled to the area of Albany Avenue in Hartford, where most of the evidence against the couple was found.

Bloody clothes, camera footage leave trail of evidence in case of missing mom of 5
ETA - removed for 10% rule

Where would the money for that come from? Every person who alleges abuse is going to be appointed a 24 hour a day armed guard by the state for the pendency of the divorce, which could be years?

Realistically I think that just would never happen. It seems to be an impossibility.

We have a massive homeless problem in our country, aging infrastructure problem, social security issues, food insecurity problems for major parts of the population, housing shortages for people without means, lack of adequate funding for public school education, millions who can't afford health care. But we can find the funds for government funded personal armed guards for every person who alleges domestic violence?

The cost is about $35 per hour x 24 x 7 x 4= about $25,000.00 per month. And that's for one who is not the most highly trained. One who is trained would be much more.

2019 Average Security Guard Cost (with Price Factors)

The rate of actual restraining orders requested in the US is super high.

The rate of those granted is also high.

The best stat I could find estimated 1.2 MILLION active DV RO's on any given day in the US in 2008. Restraining Orders Issued and in Effect in the U.S. |
Communicating with Prisoners

That probably includes temporary RO's which typically last about a month until a full hearing can be held.

So if we just look at the cost for one month in the US, that would be 30 billion per month.

And that doesn't include allegations that are denied as not having enough evidence.

I think we have to accept that the government can't prevent all murder and crime.

Jennifer's monster wanted to kill her and nothing but prison or Jennifer disappearing, was going to be able to stop him, IMO.

On another topic, have we heard anything from the father of TM's child?

I hope e goes for custody and gets the child away from that criminal.

Someone here suggested she may kill herself. If she does she could take her child with her.

You have to know which allegations are serious enough. Even if they all are serious it's worth it to save lives, no? It shouldn't even be an argument. Another benefit might be that cases wouldn't take so long. Human life is precious.

I think she had no doubt he would, based on the threats she reported. I think she knew too well that he would back up just threats and that he believed he was too smart to get caught. MOO.
Wondering why she didn’t protect herself more? Everyone is different, I guess. I think it
Nanny (different than current one) ran her over.
wow...very strange. Are we so sure it was the nanny?

So apparently FD and the kids were members of Old Farms Skiers in Avon, CT. Police went to question the owner at some point. The owner is worried they're going to come drag the lake at some point.

SOURCE: Coworker who is a member and apparently has met FD in passing in the past.

Personally, the fact that they AREN'T dragging bodies of water leads me to believe LE has a good idea of what happened here...

Dermot Mulroney would play FD for sure.
Personally, I'd go Billy Bob Thornton for the role of FD.

Similar physical appearance, plus BBT could always reprise aspects of his Sling Blade character, Karl Childers, when acting out some of FD's more idiotic actions in this case.

Last edited:
Wondering why she didn’t protect herself more? Everyone is different, I guess. I think it

wow...very strange. Are we so sure it was the nanny?
The DM article posted above clearly stated it was the nanny, but a different one than now and said to be an accident. However considering FDs history of threats and affairs I wouldn’t put anything past him. JMO

Sorry for the delay in posting this information but life got in the way! Ct police major crime van and at least 6 other cars arrived this am at approximately 10:30 am at the Sturbridge unsold property in New Canaan.

Have to do a google drive to see the path that might have been possible between this property and JD residence.

Wonder if FD and MT simply camped out in waiting at the Sturbridge property that morning in advance of going to JD property? It would have been a good alibi as he owns the property and they could have justified being there as it looks like the landscaping was in process.

Have pictures are will post later.

edit to correct street name...multitasking and failing!

Last edited:
In my state - the POA is very specific to certain transactions in the event of incapacitation, etc with the persons' consent. A medical POA or HIPPA Waiver/Health Care Surrogate is completely different. A POA would never get medical records or a release of them. It also ceases to control at death - curious if CT has provisions for POA in the disappearance of someone?

Interesting found this ...

Can I access the medical records (health records) of someone who has died?

under the Access to Health Records Act (1990).

Under the terms of the act, you will only be able to access the deceased's health records if you're either:

• a personal representative (the executor or administrator of the deceased person's estate)
  • someone who has a claim resulting from the death (this could be a relative or another person)
Only information directly relevant to a claim will be disclosed.

I learn something new in every case it seems - sad

Yes we sadly learn something we never thought of with every case like this ...

I closed the garage door from inside my car today as a trial - was I safer or not safer closing garage door from my car; and when I got out of the vehicle I thought, not safer because I just shut the door if someone was in the garage ...

We bought a house without a way into the garage, besides the doors; unless someone wanted to break the windows, which we would notice. So how FD got into the garage .. do we know ?

Last edited:
But if they did this - why would they be so stupid to take their phones to Hartford for the trash can dump? This makes no sense to me at all. Even if they left phone(s) at the one house for that 2 hour block referenced in the warrant to cover where they really went, if they were thinking clearly, they would have kept those burners. They were easily traced once they got the records and on top of that, video showing them in Hartford with that cell location. I think we will see records for the morning timeframe in the murder warrant - all speculation of course.

Super good question. It doesn't make sense.

The only thing I can think of is that the trip to Hartford was what, about 8 hours later? Maybe they got sloppy. Panicky. Forgot to turn off their phones?

It doesn't make sense. I hope you're right and they're just quietly and steadily building the murder case!!

Didn’t he turn it in before he realised that he was caught on surveillance cameras plopping bag after bag of evidence in Hartford? I think he and his lawyer are not so smart-I can’t believe his lawyer let him hand it over when he had no legal obligation to do so.

The phone was turned over and, then, it was seized by a detective. My guess is that they asked him to see it and he agreed because he was thinking they would just look at it. I agree that it is surprising that his attorney agreed to turning it over. I would assume if the attorney knew him well that the attorney would have refused to have his client come in at all. I am sure that his divorce attorney would have refused an interview knowing the issues that he has had previously with telling the truth and threatening her. I don't think it would have taken long to get a warrant for the phone though given the history. I would love to know how FD was notified that she was missing as well as his reaction.

My guess is that FD most likely had several gf's over their married life. These type men justify gf's while wife is pregnant, wife is
too tired, wife is unaffectionate and on and on. MT was definitely
not his first adulterous rodeo.
Yes, but he wanted MT and her daughter to move in with JD and their kids. Surely she was special.

Where would the money for that come from? Every person who alleges abuse is going to be appointed a 24 hour a day armed guard by the state for the pendency of the divorce, which could be years?

Realistically I think that just would never happen. It seems to be an impossibility.

We have a massive homeless problem in our country, aging infrastructure problem, social security issues, food insecurity problems for major parts of the population, housing shortages for people without means, lack of adequate funding for public school education, millions who can't afford health care. But we can find the funds for government funded personal armed guards for every person who alleges domestic violence?

The cost is about $35 per hour x 24 x 7 x 4= about $25,000.00 per month. And that's for one who is not the most highly trained. One who is trained would be much more.

2019 Average Security Guard Cost (with Price Factors)

The rate of actual restraining orders requested in the US is super high.

The rate of those granted is also high.

The best stat I could find estimated 1.2 MILLION active DV RO's on any given day in the US in 2008. Restraining Orders Issued and in Effect in the U.S. | Communicating with Prisoners

That probably includes temporary RO's which typically last about a month until a full hearing can be held.

So if we just look at the cost for one month in the US, that would be 30 billion per month.

And that doesn't include allegations that are denied as not having enough evidence.

I think we have to accept that the government can't prevent all murder and crime.

Jennifer's monster wanted to kill her and nothing but prison or Jennifer disappearing, was going to be able to stop him, IMO.

On another topic, have we heard anything from the father of TM's child?

I hope e goes for custody and gets the child away from that criminal.

Someone here suggested she may kill herself. If she does she could take her child with her.

See, no one here is saying that the government can or should prevent all crime, gitana1. That's a straw man argument and I'm sure as an attorney you know about these. What makes this different is that this case came before an organization charged with doing something about it. It's not a random crime whose predictability was unknown to said organization. And the leader of said organization before whom this case and problem came was and is charged with handling it to the best of that leader's capabilities.

Personally, I'd go Billy Bob Thornton for the role of FD.

Similar physical appearance, plus BBT could always reprise aspects of his Sling Blade character, Karl Childers, when acting out some of FD's more idiotic actions in this case.
I do like that idea. Dermot was just the first person to pop into my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo