Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, Jun 1997

Status
Not open for further replies.
New thoughts .... whoa, we don't need to go looking for all these Remakels overseas, that was stupid of me ..... we only need to find out what the F stands for in the ad, work from here, of course ..... once we've got that we will have the answer. I wonder if Le Courieer newspaper has any record of who placed the ad ... then there's the PO Box, the phone number, any records, the Lennox Heads link .... maybe a media blitz needs to focus on what that F stood for, from our shores, not overseas ..... more logical I reckon. Forgive all my lunatic thoughts. :) It's either a Fernand, Fritz, Francis, Frederick, Francois, Franz, Freidrich ......

Worth suggesting sally contacts Le courier if she hasn’t already - you should message her on fb.

This Monsieur Ramakel may have a whole other secret life from his partner for all we know. He wouldn't be the first or last. Just because his partner says he wasn't in Australia or he says that in front of his partner doesn't mean he wasn't there.
He would have written the ad in French because it was a French newspaper. The chances of a potential new wife in Australia speaking Luxembourgish are fairly slim.
It's pretty hard to get past the fact that he is the right age and has the same initials. There are very few Ramakels in the world, let alone Luxembourg.
I think it was all pretty suspicious.

Oh dear - just read it..
All that over a ceramic chicken.
Now her old school friend is saying things on the lost boys page..

It's giving me food for thought. I was of the belief that something untoward has happened to Marion but given the indication of their being a toxic relationship between Mother and children and the fact that Lesley won't speak to Sally I'm leaning towards voluntary disappearance....

It's giving me food for thought. I was of the belief that something untoward has happened to Marion but given the indication of their being a toxic relationship between Mother and children and the fact that Lesley won't speak to Sally I'm leaning towards voluntary disappearance....

Yes something is amiss.. Lesley was happy to speak to the police. She was happy to speak to Bill from the lost boys of TSS but she won’t talk to Sally.. why?!
Now Bill is going to return the ceramic chicken to Lesley so is that going to cause issues if Sally wishes to pick it up..
I definitely think there is more to this..

Yes something is amiss.. Lesley was happy to speak to the police. She was happy to speak to Bill from the lost boys of TSS but she won’t talk to Sally.. why?!
Now Bill is going to return the ceramic chicken to Lesley so is that going to cause issues if Sally wishes to pick it up..
I definitely think there is more to this..

I think there is a possibility that Marion has had some contact with Lesley and maybe that's where the knowledge of the proceeds of the sale of the car not appearing in the bank account came from.

Initially it also struck me as odd the Marions sisters wanted it left alone, now it makes a bit more sense.

I think there is a possibility that Marion has had some contact with Lesley and maybe that's where the knowledge of the proceeds of the sale of the car not appearing in the bank account came from.

Initially it also struck me as odd the Marions sisters wanted it left alone, now it makes a bit more sense.

You could well be right..

I've just had an interesting thought.....

Marion was 51 when she went missing. I think there is a good chance she was going through menopause at this time and it could explain some of her seemingly radical decisions. Hormonal changes are easily accompanied with permanent lifestyle changes. Maybe she found herself!

From the descriptions of her it sounds like she would be drawn to wanting to live 'the simple life'.

Maybe in a self sustainable, off the grid community somewhere.

Looks like the phone number from the ad is from here:
Unknown Unit number at 53 Anderson St, East Ballina NSW 2478, Australia. H'mm, very ordinary looking place in a regular street, definitely not opulent befitting a man of means .... won't need to find phone book now if this is right. 9.4 km (11 minutes) drive to Lennox Head PO Box.
Doesn't look like a business was run there at the time, not sure.

Last edited:
In reference to my last comment asking about F Remakels partner's name, I relistened to the video Sally posted and her name sounds like Marie José Noi. If you google Fernand Remakel and images then the first picture, read the names and below it says José Maria... weird or am I just crazy and overthinking?? Also José is also a French name José - Wikipedia

EDIT: José and Marie/a are quite common names. I found a few Marie/a José's who are French actresses
Her name is Marie-Josee Noe from Clervaux :)

Random thought.
Marion disappeared while Sally was preparing to get married. As much as Marion loved Sally I wonder if it was emotionally difficult for her seeing Sally loved-up planning her happily-ever-after when this is exactly what Marion so desperately wanted for herself. It could have made Marion introspective about her life and may have prompted her decision to start afresh (if that's what she did) especially if it strained her relationship with Sally.

I really think more needs to be looked into the phone call to crime stoppers about her body being buried in Armidale.
Why didn’t the podcast go out there and look into that?.
Absolutely. This has been bugging me the whole time. I am local to Armidale, and first heard of Marion's story a number of years ago when a local journalist ran a story asking for help from locals, as apparently Marion had been at Armidale teachers college. Yet, according to the podcast, she went to Wagga Wagga teachers college. Why the contradictory information? What is the connection with Armidale? Where was the search, and why was it secret?

Just read post over on TSS Lost Boys, what's with the post and the chicken? So confused. I thought Lesley wasn't talking with Sally so why would she give Sally Marion's ceramic chicken? Also, I know Bill is a private detective but who is he and has he been mentioned on the podcast before? I listen to so many podcasts I forget what has been said in previous episodes.

Also, great idea Itsapuzzle with the phonebooks. I don't think there would be on down here in Melb for NSW. Where would we look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500