Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was definitely struggling at times. I think he was angry and having a hard time staying focused. I don’t blame him so I give him a pass on this PC. His other PC’s were fine.

My opinion only, Sgt Riley is more effective at PCs but I can also understand why Carter, as Superintendent of ISP, the top dog, chooses to speak on behalf of LE.

MOO There is another way to
get around quickly and unseen.
Along the south bank of Deer Creek.
MOO there is an informal foot path there.
That exit route has BG crossing Deer Creek from south to north by I25, where there is another flat sand bar area to cross. Then walking 1/8 mile north on I25's shoulder to the CPS parking lot.

Yes, there’s several ways to get around sight unseen. That’s also why I question if the suspect left his vehicle in a highly visible location because that would seem counter-productive. The secondary pull off area where the girls were dropped off (now closed) would also be an example of local knowledge.

I've been watching OLD Forensic Files episodes on Netflix. Those stories really boost my optimism that this case WILL BE solved. There HAS to have been forensic clues left behind, I believe, especially since Libby has a family member who believes she would have put up resistance.
I have hope in forensic science and I trust LE.
Peace be with those two sweet angels in heaven, Abby and Libby. MOO

Yes, there’s several ways to get around sight unseen. That’s also why I question if the suspect left his vehicle in a highly visible location because that would seem counter-productive. The secondary pull off area where the girls were dropped off (now closed) would also be an example of local knowledge.

Unless it wasn't his vehicle.

Maybe BG or an accomplice 'borrowed' it from someone who doesn't even know that it was used that afternoon.

MOO

Maybe BG or an accomplice 'borrowed' it from someone who doesn't even know that it was used that afternoon.

MOO

Possible. But if LE knew the murders were connected to a certain vehicle I think that’d be critical information to disclose in asking for tips to solve the case. But he didn’t make even a remote connection and so we can only assume....or not assume.

In the video of the PC that I linked a few posts back, my impression of Carter’s ask for information regarding the driver was in a kind and gentle voice immediately after acknowledging the people of Delphi. There’s obviously a good reason why LE wanted to talk to the driver of the car but it may not directly connect to the parking lot at all. So I think all we can do is hope the information they required proves valuable and that LE gets that “one tip” they’re looking for regardless of how the killer got there.

Last edited:
MOO There is another way to
get around quickly and unseen.
Along the south bank of Deer Creek.
MOO there is an informal foot path there.
That exit route has BG crossing Deer Creek from south to north by I25, where there is another flat sand bar area to cross. Then walking 1/8 mile north on I25's shoulder to the CPS parking lot.
Thank you! This is very interesting.

Would you have any idea how long of a walk that would be?

I have watched one more PC (2018) and the interview 6 months after the crime with Holman and I have not found where LE references the 2:07 SC. I really think the time is not accurate and it became a “fact” based on a FB post that the media just ran with.

If I’m correct and the girls were dropped off at one of the times I’ve seen stated (1:35 KG, 1:38 BP, or 1:45 GH) and it takes approximately 10 minutes to walk from the drop off to the spot on the bridge the photo was taken then you can add extra time to any of the possible scenarios out there.

If anyone can find LE stating or verifying the time was 2:07 let me know. If this has already been discussed previously and you know where about in the threads it occurred I’d like to know that too. Will keep searching.

I agree. I wonder if somehow, someone inadvertently provided a smaller time frame for the BG to kill the girls. It could have been a simple mistake, or a lapse in memory.

One of the examples how mistakes with time happen is something that I am sure did not occur in this case, but is not uncommon. I do not bother to change the car clock during transition to winter savings time. But if you ask anyone else driving my car about the time, they (not knowing my habit), may erroneously add an hour.

There might be tons of reason why people may be mistaken about the time.

I agree. I wonder if somehow, someone inadvertently provided a smaller time frame for the BG to kill the girls. It could have been a simple mistake, or a lapse in memory.

One of the examples how mistakes with time happen is something that I am sure did not occur in this case, but is not uncommon. I do not bother to change the car clock during transition to winter savings time. But if you ask anyone else driving my car about the time, they (not knowing my habit), may erroneously add an hour.

There might be tons of reason why people may be mistaken about the time.

I believe the original SC photo had the time stamp.

This is for anyone that lives where the billboards are up (there are none in my state)...Do the billboards still list BG as last seen at 2:30? I saw one from a media report on 2/24/17, that had the time listed. Otherwise, my google image searches just pull up billboards with last seen - Delphi, Indiana. This is even on the NBG billboards.
The last time I seen the girls billboard here in Michigan was a week or so before Halloween 2018

MOO
If that is the case and LE knows who the family is the case would be easily solved, but if the vehicle was say from a fleet of business vehicles or from car dealership or just a sneaky guy taking advantage of someone not related who might sleep days or borrowing a rental car without the renters knowledge,the task of tracking him down is more time consuming. Moo

I recall it was discussed a few days ago, if the suspect could’ve continued walking along the old railroad bed, not recrossing the bridge at all.

According to this GH video @23:25 indeed there’s a path on the old rail bed leading in that direction as well.

I don’t think we can conclude a relative was the driver of the car or it was a tip that might directly result in an arrest. Considering the new direction LE is probably reviewing a lot of older information that might’ve been not considered pertinent until recently.

When Carter mentioned the parked car, he originally stated the date was Feb 14th. A day later it was updated to Feb 13th. But I still wonder if Feb 14th was in fact the correct date and the person they wanted to talk to had given prior information regarding something suspicious about someone involved in the search. Maybe LE was in the process of reaching out a second time to everybody involved that day? Carter certainly seemed sure the killer was closely invested, someone “hiding in plain sight”.

Sounds familiar, doesn’t it?

“There’s a strong possibility they may have told family members and the family members, if you’re possibly the only son, they may want to be very protective of bringing any harm to your family, especially if its put a certain way, ‘I didn’t want to do this, she made me do this.’ That’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility.”

Similar to “he told someone”.

But, it was not DC.

And the place - not even close to Delphi. Indianapolis. A woman slain in 1989. Her killer has still not been found.

Too many cold cases.

I know this has been asked and discussed 1000 times already, and now 1001.

Who would know that trail like the back of their hand?

Someone who frequently explored it as a child
Someone paid to maintain it in some way
A fisherman, hunter, or?
Forestry?
Boy Scout?

Locals, what else?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Thank you! This is very interesting.

Would you have any idea how long of a walk that would be?

Well MOO the standard cross country rule of thumb is 20 minutes a mile, walking.
From the CS to CPS parking lot around the south is approximately 1.25 miles.
or an estimated 24 minutes for hiking/walking. Jogging or running in parts might bring it down to 15-18 minutes.

He was definitely struggling at times. I think he was angry and having a hard time staying focused. I don’t blame him so I give him a pass on this PC. His other PC’s were fine.
I think he saw someone in the audience that rattled his nerves. He starts the PC OK but seems to get really rattled part way through. Even though he said that the killer may be in the room, I think when he actually saw the person or a person closely connected to him, he found it hard to focus.

I know this has been asked and discussed 1000 times already, and now 1001.

Who would know that trail like the back of their hand?

Someone who frequently explored it as a child
Someone paid to maintain it in some way
A fisherman, hunter, or?
Forestry?
Boy Scout?

Locals, what else?

Amateur opinion and speculation

- People who enjoy walking trails (it's the biggest and closest to town).
- Kids who went there frequently as a field trip
- People who live within walking distance
- People who like to get out and picnic
- Amateur photographers (it's popular place for senior pictures, wedding pix, etc.)
- People who grew up going and now take their kids
- People who use it for a popular family friendly hobby that we're not meant to discuss
- Train/rail enthusiasts
- People who like to walk and exercise and don't want to use the track at the school

A volunteer groups keeps it clean. Not much hunting goes on there. Fishing is further upstream or down, not right there in the park (it's not such a good place to catch anything within that 1-mile stretch).

Maybe they don't have all the details of who called and emailed in and of course they're not going to say could "Fanny Adams call us back please" but they could put a general plea out, if that is what they mean, but I don't think they do mean that. I think they want the person who drove that vehicle or someone who saw who drove that vehicle, to come forward, They don't want to know about the vehicle type- they already know that IMO, Now that/those person(s) has/have come forward, we are hearing no more about the cryptic vehicle. They have what they need I think.

Supposedly they need Fanny Adams to confirm her alibi. Can’t they just call her and invite to stop by the police dept? Why talk about it at the PC at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal