Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not, until the recent discussion here, really thought about an accomplice, but when you read about some crimes, there is some one who is a prime actor and then that person entangles others, and they always seem to be "followers" who get in the middle of things that spiral out of control, IMO. (still not convinced that there was an accomplice, but if LE was really talking to two different people, and if BG did "move around really fast" maybe at some point he got a ride from one point to another. He could have just told some one that he tripped, got really wet and muddy and needed a ride home, I guess.) All speculation.
I like your thought process.

When I look at a crime I ask myself what is the smallest number of perpetrators who could handle this crime - speculation. But it’s much better to have evidence. Since we haven’t been given evidence that there was more than one perp, I stay with one.

I am just trying to figure if there is anyway you could "go to school" there and not be in the regular schools w/ A and L. (Of course you could be 10-25 yrs older but it is still such a small town that I think A and L knew most people.)

No clue. I am curious now so I hope Mtnlites sees this and chimes in. Are you thinking of ways a younger person might know them, but not go to school with them? If so, I’d say the easiest way is SM.

As they say, anything is possible but what factual would lead us to believe BG had need of an accomplice.

I'm not sure about need, but an accomplice could make things easier during the course of the crime – from controlling the girls once they were off the bridge and could have run in different directions (one along the road, one 'down the hill' and across the creek); to working quickly at the crime scene; to getting away and concealing/destroying evidence.

The LE allusions to possible multiple persons, and failure to eliminate the scenario, are the main reason I'm considering it. Multiple assailants also would increase the chance of successful capture of two people without a firearm, and as we don't know what, if any, weapons were used, that's a factor too. JMO

I am just trying to figure if there is anyway you could "go to school" there and not be in the regular schools w/ A and L. (Of course you could be 10-25 yrs older but it is still such a small town that I think A and L knew most people.)

No clue. I am curious now so I hope Mtnlites sees this and chimes in. Are you thinking of ways a younger person might know them, but not go to school with them? If so, I’d say the easiest way is SM.

Homeschooling.

ETA: quote from @acutename

Last edited:

There are quite a lot of people in the area who are homeschooled. Also private religious schools in Flora, Lafayette, and West Lafayette. One can live in Delphi and still attend private schools in another part. I have teenage family members in the middle school there, one in high school, and a couple in elementary. Despite the small size of the schools, they don't automatically know everyone in the different schools. My middle school cousins can only name a few people in high school, and those are either neighbors, youth group members, or family. People can remain surprisingly insular, even in small towns. The idea that "everyone knows everyone" in Delphi because it's a small town is really overestimating familiarity.

I'm not sure about need, but an accomplice could make things easier during the course of the crime – from controlling the girls once they were off the bridge and could have run in different directions (one along the road, one 'down the hill' and across the creek); to working quickly at the crime scene; to getting away and concealing/destroying evidence.

The LE allusions to possible multiple persons, and failure to eliminate the scenario, are the main reason I'm considering it. Multiple assailants also would increase the chance of successful capture of two people without a firearm, and as we don't know what, if any, weapons were used, that's a factor too. JMO
I think this is a distinct possibility, although I am unclear as to the current understanding from LE.

If this is the scenario, I see the BG as the stoodge to a second guy. The procurer, if you will.

I’m still unclear on this possibility, but I’m not ruling it out.

Amateur opinion and speculation

--He would only need to control ONE of them. Hold one at gun/knife point and threaten to kill that one to control the other one's actions. This is one reason I think he is familiar with them in some way.
- He possibly crossed the creek to avoid tracking by dogs. With this timeline, is it possible he meant to take them somewhere else or keep them longer, but when the dad called and caused the cell phone to ring, he got spooked and realized his time was short.
- I believe he was wearing layers of clothes, likely somthing that would dry very quickly or waterproof which he shed and possibly carried backpack style or otherwise out of the area, which would let him blend in ( it was a warm day for the time of year, so possibly running shorts)
- the "guys" to me shows he is used to addressing kids in that age group....
- I dont want the gory details of the murders, but it would be helpful to know if they were just killed clean ( like neck snap) or it was brutal and bloody. If it was, he likely changed clothes before leaving the area.
YES!!!!! bbm: "but when the dad called and caused the cell phone to ring, he got spooked and realized his time was short."
Blitzkrieg attack and retreat to save his worthless backside.

In a nutshell. The tight time frame and LE asserting "if you are afraid, we can protect you."
I don't think they are referring to the perp.

This isn't necessarily a reference to an accomplice. It could be addressing anyone who may know about the crime after the fact-including a spouse, roommate, parent, etc.

In regards to the multiple perpetrator theory; I think this is very unlikely.

I continue to believe this was sexually motivated, and I can’t fathom two men committing this crime, in this way.

Two completely reckless killers, working in tandem in broad daylight, just seems far fetched to me.

That’s two men who could leave DNA, and two men who likely would have been spotted by witnesses.

One man was spotted on that bridge.

One man was caught on audio.

One man could have done this, especially if he had a weapon.

I’m all in on one man.

This isn't necessarily a reference to an accomplice. It could be addressing anyone who may know about the crime after the fact-including a spouse, roommate, parent, etc.
Yeah. Witnesses could be scared, as this guy has already killed two people.

They should be scared.

I think this was simply an effort to coax someone to come forward, who is perhaps fearful of repercussions.

Yeah. Witnesses could be scared, as this guy has already killed two people.

They should be scared.

I think this was simply an effort to coax someone to come forward, who is perhaps fearful of repercussions.

Right. And not just scared of BG and what he might do, but even fearful of repercussions from the justice system. Look at how many people have been arrested for unrelated crimes during this investigation.

BG might have moved around quickly within the park, but he did NOT go unnoticed. Multiple witnesses saw him, a sketch has been provided, video footage was taken. He's not a mythical creature who slipped in and out like a ninja. He was simply out of there before it was determined that a crime had even been committed. For someone who probably knew the park well, it is not unfathomable to me that he did this alone.

We can read into LE's statements, but I prefer to go with the simplest explanations.

In a nutshell. The tight time frame and LE asserting "if you are afraid, we can protect you."
I don't think they are referring to the perp.
If they were referring to an accomplice they would show him to a jail cell.

I’ll consider the tight time frame and respond later. It seems to be a valid point.

In regards to the multiple perpetrator theory; I think this is very unlikely.

I continue to believe this was sexually motivated, and I can’t fathom two men committing this crime, in this way.

Two completely reckless killers, working in tandem in broad daylight, just seems far fetched to me.

That’s two men who could leave DNA, and two men who likely would have been spotted by witnesses.

One man was spotted on that bridge.

One man was caught on audio.

One man could have done this, especially if he had a weapon.

I’m all in on one man.
He's not a man, he's a weasel. MOO!

Here is one honest mistake some classmates, and even more so, parents, might be making.

They might assume that the girls did something to bring themselves in contact with the perp. Or that he was related to something in their lives. Girls are girls, they might have been young, active, mouthy, impulsive. We all here love them, but it does not mean that everyone in class was their friend.

What I want to say, the classmates and their parents may truly not understand how sick the person/perp is. If not stopped, he will strike again.

Anyone who is close and has an idea about BG’s identity should view tipping the police as protecting own kids.

I wonder if the police has to reassure the Delphians that they will prosecute the guy no matter who he is. I think is is important.

Thank you for the video @tresir2012. I knew I'd heard that, but could not recall when or what context.

RSBM

Agreed. As someone who is leery of social media although I do participate, I find the openness of Libby's accounts and the transparency of her public online identity activity to be very troubling. Social media security is a can of worms and a calculated risk for anyone who engages, but it's particularly worrisome to see children casually revealing innocuous-seeming information that someone barely- or un-known to them could use for nefarious ends.

This is not intended to blame her or her guardians in any way. I don't envy today's parents of children and older teens for the multiplicity of platforms they have to be aware of and monitor. Back when I had a young teen to keep safe, I only had MySpace and Livejournal to worry about. Now every few months there's another hot new site that all the kids want to play with, and that the responsible adults have to try to enforce limits on or keep their kids away from altogether. I know there hasn't been any concrete indication that SM played a part in these murders.

But it wouldn't surprise me if people Libby didn't know at all nonetheless had awareness of her activities and personality in some detail, and that creeps me out because I'm not sure that possibility would ever have occurred to a 14-year-old in a small heartland town, 2+ years ago.

MOO

@janewall, when I first opened my FB, it was open. Then I closed some of posts, then, all. But I know some of my friends still keep their FBs open.

In terms of SA, I would not blame girls for having open SM. I would blame all these fetish forums, like the one boys and men, like BC, the murderer of YY Z, frequented. All these dark web sites. They create obsessed sex maniacs. You mentioned Libby being 14... at the same age, boys discover *advertiser censored* sites, and today these are not the regular ones, no, they come across stuff that is full of sadistic weirdness. And then they are hooked.

You are right that moms of girls should monitor their daughters’ social media, but moms of boys should also check what sites their boys visit. And cut them off if they are even minimally concerned. It is probably even more important in order to create healthy society.

If they were referring to an accomplice they would show him to a jail cell.

Respectfully snipped for focus.

The jail cell could depend on whether the accomplice was knowing or unknowing at the time of his helpful actions. If he was strictly transportation and cleanup help, he may only have realized his complicity after the fact – and that may be part of what he's scared of, if he's not comfortable with committing a crime or coming forward to face the legal penalty he expects.

@rosesfromangels used the word "stooge" for BG. It may not have been BG who was the stooge. BG could very well be the main perp, and the stooge is the unknown party who simply gave him a lift, helped him get a bonfire started that evening, or unwittingly facilitated the murders and their coverup in some other way.

I am not wedded to this idea of an accomplice. I tend to favor Occam's Razor in most situations, and in this case that would be a lone perp. But I can certainly see how it's possible there was another party involved in a subordinate role – and it would explain some of LE's vague answers, as well as their interest in the vehicle in the parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member