Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That, or she was waiting to leave at a time that would allow her to arrive at the park at the same time as the mystery car. If she had roommates, maybe she didn't want to go home and back out again...as opposed to just waiting at the airport.
That's exactly what I think. They agreed to meet at 3 a.m. and she timed her Lyft accordingly.
It hasn't been confirmed she checked luggage but IMO, she grabbed her bags, went to the bathroom to freshen up and change, and called for a LYFT to meet our mystery person. 45 minutes sounds reasonable to me.

1:35 a.m. ML's flight landed in SLC
2:01 a.m. ML texted her mother
2:42 a.m. Lyft taken from airport
2:59 a.m. Lyft arrived at Hatch Park

MOO
It seems reasonable to me too. MOO

I'm sure many men would agree with you that any time would be a good time to meet up with a beautiful young woman. But how many are actually awake and ready to go out at 3am to do just that? Narrows the possibilities, imo.

jmo
There are plenty of stimulants that can assist in keeping one awake...speaking of, has anyone tried BANG yet?

300mg of caffeine. This is the equivalent to over three cups of coffee in a 16oz can. :cool:

And there are naps.

Get to bed at 9pm sleep 5 hours and be ready by 0230. That is a longer nap per say but you get the point.

MOO

Statically fairly low.

Sex traffickers usually groom their victims and don’t choose people with strong social ties like ML has. While trafficking is a concern in the US, it is fairly unlikely in a case like this.

MOO (but again based on research I do for a living and backed by a lot of empirical research and official statistics from the BJS)

I hear what you’re saying and I realize this post will not be popular, but I do want to point out for the record that technically we don’t know if someone may have been attempting to groom her or not. I do appreciate you come from a place of knowledge and experience, but I just want to make sure it’s clear that if there was some kind of secret life going on, we don’t know what a possible perp’s ultimate intimate intentions may have been. I agree she has strong social ties, has people that would miss her, and that the risk may be low in some ways, but ultimately we really don’t know if someone else had sinister plans.

ETA:
Additionally, with all respect to the victim, there is the potential factor of “high risk lifestyle”, which to me is not entirely clear at this moment. I do say if that if this has anything to do with SDSB, then this in itself is risky, imo.

Last edited:
I'm thinking back to my cocktail waitress years. I was in college and mostly went home after the bar closed as I was also a serious student. But there were after-parties all the time. I can totally picture a manager of a club being awake and very eager for a 3am meeting. The managers at my place were all married but they weren't always going home to their wives when the bar closed. That time of night for a date would not be out of character for a person with that job, imo. It also wouldn't be out of character for the guy to arrange a date that is convenient for him (rather than go to the airport to fetch her, in other words).

To me, this fits. Not conclusive, of course, I know that. I'm just making a list of possibilities and adding this to it.

jmopinion
I cocktailed at a strip club many MANY moons ago and I TOTALLY agree with all of this ^^^^

Heck, we'd all go out to "breakfast" at 3am or even later after the place closed and whatnot.

Also, the manager was always dating one of the talents. For some reason they found this dude attractive... maybe it was his position of 'power'.

MOO

My hinky meter is on high alert. I don't think things are looking good for ML unfortunately. She appeared to be a stable, grounded student, daughter, etc. and her friends and family say this is out of character for her to be out of touch completely for this long.

The meet up at the park is what has me so suspicious. Why there (so obscure) and with whom? Logically thinking, who are you likely to meet up with at that time of night under those circumstances??? You'd think the person who did meet her would have come forward by now if there was nothing to hide.

JMO

Agreed. I just can't wrap my head around her being dropped off in that creepy area, at that time in the morning. What would the point of going to that specific park, at that hour, unless she was meeting someone she knew.

I can't imagine anyone going there, to meet someone you don't know.

Was this planned? Who ever she met...maybe they met before at his house, or hotel...or where ever, and there would be a paper trail.

There is something very wrong about this situation.
FYI. It’s not a creepy area at all. It’s an upscale area and plenty of very rich men live just east of the area.

It’s just so weird to make someone you want to see at 2:00am have to take the time to arrange a Lyft ride and pay for it when you could’ve driven the extra 10 minutes to just pick her up. AND arrange the meeting in an isolated parking spot. It sure doesn’t seem like someone who cared about her, so why the need to see her at that hour.

I’m still unsure about the driver. It’s possible to have incapacitated her at the park, put her in the trunk, go to pick up other riders for an alibi, then harm her at a later time.
What if it was the other way around? What if she contacted him? She was down after attending her gm’s funeral so she called him and said “I know it’s late, but can I see you?” Maybe he lives further north and says he’ll meet her halfway. Maybe he is married or a public figure and is annoyed she contacted him at home at that hour. Obviously her cellphone records should clear up who was calling who, but what if she called from an airport phone and he uses a burner for his trysts? Most posted theoriries lean towards the obsessed male, but what if the obsessed person is the woman and she is becoming a threat to his home life or career? It may also turn out badly from this direction, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukeyboy43