Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...o_O

Ladd Egan on Twitter
The spokesperson for the North Salt Lake Police Dept. said it's unclear if the surveillance cameras at the park were ever operational. Even though numerous signs say the area is being videotaped. Sure would have helped in this case @KSLcom @kslnewsradio @KSL5TV #missingperson
D93TfuIU8AARwji.jpg

5:38 PM - 24 Jun 2019

I hate when this is done. Keep the undesirables on their toes. But gives the rest of us a false sense of security. Some people choose a place to meet/hang out based on cameras being there! I've seen private businesses do this. But not a public municipality! Cheap cop out!

I wonder what this is all about? Anyone else (local media or other) mention anything about a police report she may have filed before her disappearance? It’s seems like a strange thing to tease unless they have a tip or an actual basis to bring it up.

If there's no truth to it she needs to apologize for sensationalizing an already serious situation. No excuses.

I wonder what this is all about? Anyone else (local media or other) mention anything about a police report she may have filed before her disappearance? It’s seems like a strange thing to tease unless they have a tip or an actual basis to bring it up.

My guess is trying to compare her to Lauren McCluskey, another student at the University of Utah that was murdered by her ex-boyfriend and she filed multiple police reports with campus police.

I apologize if this has already been posted before, but I haven’t been able to find it when I’ve gone through each thread:

Which airport did she land at in SLC? Whereabout is her home located? I would like to triangulate the airport, Hatch Park, and area where she lived to get a better sense of the geography.

I.e., was the Park in the opposite direction from her home? Or was the Park a midway point between the airport and ML’s home?

Seems like 4 choices:
1) voluntary missing (least likely at this point, MOO)
2) whoever she met up with harmed her
3) whoever drove her there harmed her (LE saying they think that's not the case)
4) suicide (I thought this at first but then learned she supposedly met up with a car/person so now I think this is also least likely)

Sadly, I feel that someone harmed her. If she met up with someone at the park at that hour, that leads me to believe she had to have some sort of serious discussion with whoever it was (that person had to leave their home to meet her so as folks in home wouldn't be witness to discussion). She could have been texting someone all day and they devised the plan to meet there. It would have to be someone she was somewhat close to if she did not have her own car and had to count on that person to drive her to her home. Or go to that person's home or a hotel with them. That's not a casual acquaintance.

But I also feel like LE really needs to look into the person who drove her there and really validate their story. My gut is saying this. MOO.

Do they know where her car is? Have we heard anything about that? I wondered if it was her own car at the park. Did the driver say he saw a person in the car?

Good morning
Websleuths is fact based and operates differently than other sites. The forum has been around for many years and there is reasoning behind the rules.

Please become familiar with our rules:
Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Posting accordingly will help ensure that your posts remain on the thread. If you are missing posts check your alerts and the reason behind the deletion is listed.

Why has LE released description of what she was wearing in the airport, but no description or BOLO on the vehicle she got into at Hatch Park??????

What profession would a potential suspect have that would not be out of place with a 3:00am meeting?

Good morning everyone! Took a break last evening so I am many pages behind. If there are any questions I missed please let me know. I am seeing questions about her potentially filing police reports? I haven't heard anything about this. But they could be asking that due to the recent murder of Lauren McCluskey at the Univ of Utah. Lauren had filed multiple police reports and many in this area believe her death could have been preventable if the police in the area had followed up. So I'm wondering if that is where that's coming from. If it's not, I have no recollection of hearing of her filing police reports. But if she did maybe she just didn't share.

Well, from his story, which has been cleared, her luggage was placed into another car and she drove off with that driver. The lyft driver is not a suspect. So, imo the last person to have seen her is the driver of the car that was awaiting her at the park.

Don't think the Lyft driver saw them drive off together (see above).

Why has LE released description of what she was wearing in the airport, but no description or BOLO on the vehicle she got into at Hatch Park??????

What profession would a potential suspect have that would not be out of place with a 3:00am meeting?

I am pondering this as well. For me it is really strange to think that the Lyft driver didn't get a decent look at the vehicle. But it makes me wonder if SLCPD knows a little bit more and is trying to build a case while trying to keep the public in the loop.

Sounds like a hookup/meetup gone wrong.

Her being 'happy' to see someone doesn't mean she knows them. If you're meeting someone for the first time and you want them to like you, you smile and look happy.

I think the 2 interactions on instagram that someone mentioned (nice sleuthing BTW) could be a key to finding her.
BBM

I agree. I don't think we should assume she knew the person she was meeting. She could be "happy" to see him (assuming a him) because that's how you act when you're first meeting a date/hook-up. And if she were looking for an exciting encounter with a new person, 3am would fit. The time doesn't necessarily mean she knew the person.

If this unknown person had any amount of affection for her or knew her even slightly, I think he would come forward with some explanation (true or not) about what happened. But perhaps a stranger thinks he can slink away.

Maybe she knew the unknown person, but maybe not. I don't think we can make a conclusion yet.

jmo

Why: I believe LE has a general description of a vehicle (e.g., a silver sedan), but haven’t confirmed the exact make and model, so they don’t want to flood the tip line with unnecessary/inaccurate tips. MOO

What: I think it could be just about any profession. People who don’t work third shifts are usually already “off the clock” at 3 am.

I think they are looking for the vehicle driven to the park by her meet up person and are trying to find the connection to her. I don't think it's a random stranger (because of the casual location, what she's wearing and the time of night). I think she knew him and I think it's some type of relationship. I'm going with someone in her world and there's a reason they're not meeting at her place or his.

I apologize if this has already been posted before, but I haven’t been able to find it when I’ve gone through each thread:

Which airport did she land at in SLC? Whereabout is her home located? I would like to triangulate the airport, Hatch Park, and area where she lived to get a better sense of the geography.

I.e., was the Park in the opposite direction from her home? Or was the Park a midway point between the airport and ML’s home?

Way back somewhere, someone posted a map that shows just that. Home, I believe is west of the airport, park is north of the airport and maybe northeast of home, so the park is the opposite direction from her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419