Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I find mildly interesting, is how massive her checked bag was. This has my wheels turning as to why so big, although I realize some people pack HEAVY. This was just a weekend trip.

This also gives us a clue as to the interaction between either she and the Lyft driver or all three: POI, ML, LD. She couldn't have just popped out of the Lyft and hopped over to the waiting vehicle. There were serious ride share logistics involved. I'm sure the driver even got out to help her... I would very much like to learn what the driver saw in detail. And I would love to question the driver.

As a female who has made frequent weekend trips from LA to Salt Lake I do not find this concerning.

I usually had my backpack (I was always under the illusion that I would be a more dedicated student and work on things when I was home...for the most part not too likely)(I also always pack a change of clothes and my toothbrush/retainer in my carry-on since I'm paranoid about lost luggage), my purse (which is ginormous as we speak), and my suitcase. It was not uncommon to have running shoes, sandals, formal shoes (for going out/funerals/church etc), sandals I don't mind taking to the beach, hair dryer/curling iron/straightner, and then some clothes. I also usually brought back a few things from home that I didn't have with me or was lucky enough into getting my parents to stock up on some groceries from Costco that I could transport.

I know, I overpack. But I hate the feeling of traveling and having forgotten something (my favorite hair serum that needs to be in a checked bag and not available at home) or a few clothing options depending on plans.

I'm sure Kenzie had a few outfits, maybe she wasn't sure what she wanted to wear to the funeral or was unsure of what other familial activities would be happening and wanted to be prepared. It's nice to think the driver would help with luggage but we don't know that. Maybe she didn't want help because she was confident in her ability to grab her luggage herself. That's how I tend to be..

While the stills we got from the footage look like potato quality, I am certain she isn't wearing sandals... and she may have a t-shirt but she was wearing a white cover up at least over it
Agree. Which is why I think either LE has a better picture/video or maybe the Lyft driver gave a better description. This is my hope anyway!

It doesn’t even have to be a SD/SB sort of thing for it to be dangerous (especially considering most aren’t sexual at all) so that part may not be a factor. Just because she did that doesn’t mean she didn’t also date in more conventional ways.

Plenty of men kill their pregnant girlfriends or someone they had a one night stand with simply because they don’t want a baby. This guy could have just been a regular relationship / FWB / whatever and maybe he was married and didn’t want to be caught? Maybe he has a career or reputation he thought would be trashed if he was caught cheating with a college student he knocked up.

You never know. But this has so many parallels to Heather Elvis so I can’t help but think it factored in.
Agreed

I did, although the site/app now is called Seeking.com. I found it Monday night, made a few screenshots and copied and saved the URL for her page. But when I went back Tuesday morning, I could no longer find it, and when I put the URL directly into the browser, it said "Profile Not Available," adding that the member might have deactivated the account or been suspended. I won't speculate on how that might have happened.
Welcome to Websleuths, CuriousWon. Thank you for joining us. :) Please let us know if the profile reappears. MOO

That makes a lot of sense and answers why she would agree to meet them there. Someone had mentioned in a earlier thread that she may have had to meet in the park because the person picking her up lived in a gated community near the park she wouldn't have access to.
Oh man I must have missed this theory but that’s a good one and makes sense. (The gated community one)

I did, although the site/app now is called Seeking.com. I found it Monday night, made a few screenshots and copied and saved the URL for her page. But when I went back Tuesday morning, I could no longer find it, and when I put the URL directly into the browser, it said "Profile Not Available," adding that the member might have deactivated the account or been suspended. I won't speculate on how that might have happened.

Is her user name the same as on her IG? If so, maybe we can find a cached link.

I wish people would stop bringing this up....I am a female and do not find the size of her bag unusual at all. Women usually pack heavier than men (makeup, hair accessories, multiple outfits, etc.) Especially if we're going to an event that we need to dress nicely for, i.e. a funeral.

As a female who has made frequent weekend trips from LA to Salt Lake I do not find this concerning.

I usually had my backpack (I was always under the illusion that I would be a more dedicated student and work on things when I was home...for the most part not too likely)(I also always pack a change of clothes and my toothbrush/retainer in my carry-on since I'm paranoid about lost luggage), my purse (which is ginormous as we speak), and my suitcase. It was not uncommon to have running shoes, sandals, formal shoes (for going out/funerals/church etc), sandals I don't mind taking to the beach, hair dryer/curling iron/straightner, and then some clothes.

I know, I overpack. But I hate the feeling of traveling and having forgotten something (my favorite hair serum that needs to be in a checked bag and not available at home) or a few clothing options depending on plans.

I'm sure Kenzie had a few outfits, maybe she wasn't sure what she wanted to wear to the funeral or was unsure of what other familial activities would be happening and wanted to be prepared. It's nice to think the driver would help with luggage but we don't know that. Maybe she didn't want help because she was confident in her ability to grab her luggage herself. That's how I tend to be..
o

the images are so grainy but I'm not seeing a fitbit but she does have long sleeves, don't they usually slide down the wrist a bit when you are picking up luggage or are they tight fitting?
  • It’s now day 9 since anyone has seen or heard from #MackenzieLueck.
    @slcpd using multiple tools to search for her including these images of her at the airport on June 17th. The latest on the investigation
    @KSL5TV

Just based off how she's dressed here and it appears she has very little make up,when in many of her other photos it appear she normally wore some, I wouldn't think she would meet a sugar daddy looking this way. Makes me lean to someone she's known for a while and is very comfortable with.

It doesn’t even have to be a SD/SB sort of thing for it to be dangerous (especially considering most aren’t sexual at all) so that part may not be a factor. Just because she did that doesn’t mean she didn’t also date in more conventional ways.

Plenty of men kill their pregnant girlfriends or someone they had a one night stand with simply because they don’t want a baby. This guy could have just been a regular relationship / FWB / whatever and maybe he was married and didn’t want to be caught? Maybe he has a career or reputation he thought would be trashed if he was caught cheating with a college student he knocked up.

You never know. But this has so many parallels to Heather Elvis so I can’t help but think it factored in.
ITA - yesterday I read up on that one - ugh. praying we don't have that situation here. JMO

Certainly we don't know fur sure, just speculation, but her eyes were puffy for sure in that photo. A number of non-nefarious things could have happened to her and what happened afterwards could have been poor decision making by the last one with her.
I don't see puffy eyes but she does appear tired or sleepy, perhaps? Maybe she took a nap on the plane knowing she was going to have a long night/morning? To me, she looks more like she just woke up than she's been crying. I dunno. MOO

I disagree. MOO but I think it was planned in advance. I think either she or the mystery person demanded to discuss something immediately and in person and things went poorly. I think maybe the person found out she was seeing other people and flipped out, or there was a pregnancy scare or something and the mystery person made ML disappear. I don’t think it was a premeditated murder and s/he just got super lucky that so much time passed before anyone reported ML missing.

Pregnancy scare sounds feasible. Most dangerous time for a woman. Especially in these situations. SDSB, or non exclusive, married man. Etc

Agree. Very plausible.

But if, in theory, she told her friends she was coming back later that same day, like I suspect she did, I wonder why they didn’t reach out to see why she didn’t. We often will hear that so and so texted or called and never got a response. .

RSBM

Sure. If in fact she contacted them on the day of her return trip and confirmed she was coming back that night (which I don't know whether she did or not) then that definitely changes things, and if I were a roommate I would be concerned.

The bag is not unusual for its size.
It is unusual for the path it has taken.
ML goes straight from airport ...to a small park, on opposite side of town... at three o'clock in the morning... Riding with total stranger...and brings a large suitcase.

I wish people would stop bringing this up....I am a female and do not find the size of her bag unusual at all. Women usually pack heavier than men (makeup, hair accessories, multiple outfits, etc.) Especially if we're going to an event that we need to dress nicely for, i.e. a funeral.

o
Lol, I have remained silent on this subject until now but let me tell you, if people here were to observe what I take out of town for a weekend they'd think I was relocating permanently. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675