Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police chief has spoken with KL's dad in recent days.

LE wants the mattress and boxspring from that residence that were given away last week.

(@cody22, you were right).

Chief is getting choked up.

Awww, Chief emotionally mentioned speaking with Greg Lueck, Kenzie's father.

That seemed to bring it all home for the Chief. We sometimes forget they are just men with real feelings during these investigations. They put on a straight face but sometimes their hearts are breaking at what they know or suspect.
God bless all that serve US!

So they are trying to find out who was trying to sell the mattresses.
This is going down hill so fast.
There had to be something found for the ME van to have been there.
I just came back from an AirBnB.
Never would've thought.
Chi

The homeowner's name is on the listings. They know who. But they need to recover the items to test for Kenzie's DNA presumably. It looks like the bed is not the one shown in the basement. Just noticed the frame. So it's from one of the upstairs rooms? Where the owner allegedly lives?

I thi

I think so too. I am surprised they don't have enough to at least hold him, though. Im sure he's being watched like a hawk

Let’s hope so. Did anyone follow the Brenda Delgado trial? It appeared during the trial they had enough to arrest her for Kendra Hatcher’s murder, but Dallas PD felt otherwise. And she fled to Mexico. She was extradited but avoided the DP. She arranged the hit and got life w/out parole while the hitman got DP.

Can they seize passports for POIs?

First time posting here.

I lived around the corner from this house until recently, so I know the neighborhood very well. This is "old" Salt Lake, and the houses are fairly close together. This house is on a narrow lot, so I can see why the neighbors would complain. A bonfire would also be out of place during the summer, though the temperature dropped late last week for a few days. I drove by the house today on my way to work and while there were no police, there was a large crowd of varying news stations.

Another note - I work in information security, so I take particular interest in online activities. While I won't speculate on her SM presence particularly, I will say it is difficult to hide your online tracks. People are creatures of habit and it can assist in tying together information, but it takes time and patience. However, the FBI, which is now involved, has a large arsenal of tools that make digital forensics considerably easier. There are a number of things within SM profiles, email accounts, etc, that can give away location and as you dig, you can start to visualize a picture. It may not be entirely complete, but you can generally fill in the gaps.
Welcome to Ws securitynerd, thanks for that insight!

Releasing the POI so they can watch him and track his movements, calls, etc., will give them much needed information, IMO.

But you'd think the POI would know that and not do anything incriminating, but then again, he's not the brightest bulb in the fixture. I would be terrified living next to him and having him free to roam around the neighborhood.

Could it be the owner is a POI just because he is the homeowner? I doubt he lives there. He needs really good answers as to why he would give away box springs and mattress one week before a young woman that might have been at the house goes missing.
Do we know for sure Mackenzie was even there or is it mostly speculation?
What led them to that house???
Color me confused.

I find it very suspicious that the two items were given away, listed separately on two different sites and several days apart. And yet if you look at the pictures, it's obvious the photos were taken at the same time.
and both pieces wrapped in plastic.....hmmm.....did he try to clean them and didn't want the odor to be obvious? If the new owner did not take the plastic off there could be a lot of evidence there.

When plastic is burned it gives off a toxic chemical. If there was anyone nearby with asthma, they would have had trouble breathing the fumes. This happened inadvertently at a house I was having built about 25 years ago. The construction debris, mainly scrap wood, had a piece of vinyl siding in the burn pile.

Welcome securitynerd! Glad to have you. Since you do work in information security and are a local to this case, you may want to contact a mod to become a verified professional!
Thank you! I can definitely provide credentials and proof of home ownership nearby. I'll contact a mod when I can provide my proof at home tonight.

Couple of questions....
1. Since the POI is not in custody, could he in theory flee?
2. If the mattress and boxspring were sold on Letgo or another app they should be able to get record of who the POI met up with to give the mattress to. I wonder if they are in the process of getting a warrant for this info

Last thought for now until next inevitable update.
This is no fancy "sugar daddy" hangout by any means, and I am so very sorry to her family for all of that crap coming into this. Just awful.
It's likely she knew him from somewhere before, and that is the nexus.
So sad for her family. And friends.
All of those references will be "out there" forever now and nothing will make it go away. It is what it is.
Chi
eta WS is victim friendly...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads