Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seemed to bring it all home for the Chief. We sometimes forget they are just men with real feelings during these investigations. They put on a straight face but sometimes their hearts are breaking at what they know or suspect.
God bless all that serve US!
Absolutely Yes, and also brings home the fact that the Lueck's are a real, live family and Kenzie is their loving daughter and just not a salacious, missing person of the day. Real pain and heartache here for this family and friends. Sending strength and comfort to those involved.

The community is so on edge with this situation, the POI might wish he was in custody for his own protection. I do wonder if he might be in the hospital. Certainly seems like there is a high flight risk.

LE needs to test and analyze whatever evidence they've collected.

They'll need physical evidence that definitely links ML to the POI and to that residence in order to make an arrest.

JMO.

I thought they had a mobile DNA van there last night. Doesn't that give DNA results pretty quickly? If that was ML's blood or those her possessions in the garage, wouldn't that be enough to arrest the homeowner?

SLC Police Dept. on Twitter
We are looking to find this mattress as well as a box spring in relation to this case. These items were possibly given away from 547 N. 1000 W. If you picked up these items please contact us at 801-799-3000 #MackenzieLueck #missingperson
D-FKqVEUcAE-i1L.png

10:19 AM - 27 Jun 2019

Reading body language at the PC and just my theory:
I think he lawyered up and wouldn’t say a word. I think they found blood evidence and maybe evidence of a cleanup or struggle. I think he burned her belongings and they have evidence of that that need to be confirmed.

I think they may have had a casual dating relationship, she was looking for support. I’m not sure if it was preplanned.

Obviously something bad occurred on the bed, I hope police are able to get ahold of it. I don’t think it would be hard to get it if they have access to his Facebook account as pick up arrangements had to be made with the person.

I think he dumped her somewhere. I don’t think he burned her body there as it would take a long long time. Note the next door neighbor was interviewed by tv and said he did not notice the burning or any smell.

I think they’re waiting on dna on the blood evidence they found in the home and he will be arrested within the next couple of days. They couldn’t hold him because they really have nothing without dna. I don’t think her remains are there.

It is key that police check out all the neighbors security cameras. Because it’s not the nicest neighborhood, there should be several.

Thoughts?

i haven't been able to find the answer to this, but do we know if police actually went out to the home when the neighbors reported the fires? i'm not knowledgeable about SLC laws at all, but i know in some (most?) large metropolitan cities, huge fires like that within city limits is an ordinance violation. If it's the case in SLC, i would think an officer would've been assigned to go out and speak to the owner/write a ticket (especially if it happened multiple times...)
I'm actually not even sure the fires were reported.

The homeowner's name is on the listings. They know who. But they need to recover the items to test for Kenzie's DNA presumably. It looks like the bed is not the one shown in the basement. Just noticed the frame. So it's from one of the upstairs rooms? Where the owner allegedly lives?
There was another link for a listing of the house with pics of the main floor - I can’t find it but I had also noticed the bed frame and wanted to compare it to pictures from the main level of the house. Also, I think it’s a good sign that in pictures of the mattress, it appears very clean, no obvious spots, stains, or damage.

That seemed to bring it all home for the Chief. We sometimes forget they are just men with real feelings during these investigations. They put on a straight face but sometimes their hearts are breaking at what they know or suspect.
God bless all that serve US!
People forget, LE are children themselves to parents, parents themselves, siblings, etc. These are human beings who thankfully do a job I know I would never want to do in my life. They see things we can't even imagine until you see it once for yourself- it takes them time, too, to get over tragedies and murder scenes, especially when it's a young person or a child. My hat is off to them, I don't know how they do this every day, bless their hearts.

SLC Police Dept. on Twitter
We are looking to find this mattress as well as a box spring in relation to this case. These items were possibly given away from 547 N. 1000 W. If you picked up these items please contact us at 801-799-3000 #MackenzieLueck #missingperson
D-FKqVEUcAE-i1L.png

10:19 AM - 27 Jun 2019

I don't get how they don't know who retrieved this mattress if the arrangement was made through LetGo....unless it wasn't? Did he just put a sign on it ... "free"....and put it on the side of the road in addition to the LetGo listing?

Last edited:
Last thought for now until next inevitable update.
This is no fancy "sugar daddy" hangout by any means, and I am so very sorry to her family for all of that crap coming into this. Just awful.
It's likely she knew him from somewhere before, and that is the nexus.
So sad for her family. And friends.
All of those references will be "out there" forever now and nothing will make it go away. It is what it is.
Chi
I for one am glad I now know about all of this, and I am sure this is actually going to be a great service to avoid some future victimization. I shall be using it to be more vigilant.

Could it be the owner is a POI just because he is the homeowner? I doubt he lives there. He needs really good answers as to why he would give away box springs and mattress one week before a young woman that might have been at the house goes missing.
Do we know for sure Mackenzie was even there or is it mostly speculation?
What led them to that house???
Color me confused.
I do believe he lives there, just rents out the basement. they are not saying what led them to the house but I believe it was something through her phone

The owner describes himself as violent in his model management profile.
I read it to mean...that he can play/act as a violent "character"...the bio says the following: "I am a Victim, Romantic, Violent and Character actor." Please note: I am not supporting him; just giving clarification to his model profile. jmo

Michael Locklear on Twitter
Just talked to TC after police said his next-door neighbor is a person of interest in #MackenzieLueck case: “I would be shocked if he was involved in this.” “Very nice guy, well-behaved, quiet.”
10:29 AM - 27 Jun 2019

TC tells me he “never saw it, heard it or smelled it” re a possible fire in person of interest’s backyard. He says several of his neighbors remember the smoke, but it may have happened before #MackenzieLueck went missing.
10:32 AM - 27 Jun 2019

Another neighbor tells me she saw the person of interest mowing his yard about noon yesterday. Doesn’t remember any smoke/fire in past few weeks. #MackenzieLueck
10:44 AM - 27 Jun 2019

(Name changed to initials by me)

Last edited:
R
Obviously something bad occurred on the bed, I hope police are able to get ahold of it. I don’t think it would be hard to get it if they have access to his Facebook account as pick up arrangements had to be made with the person.

Thoughts?

Most likely a sexual assault on the bed, as no blood stains were apparent in the pictures.

The mattress (on the side showing in the letgo ad) does not appear soiled. If you look at the box spring ad, it shows the other side of the mattress-- also doesn't appear heavily soiled. I don't see blood stains that appear to the naked eye. Is it just DNA they are hoping to get?

If it was heavily stained, I would think the people who took it would think twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare