Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if its possible that the mattress and box springs didn't end up actually being picked up by someone other than through one of those sites.

LE seems to need somebody to come forward and if they had any digital information of a transaction being arranged through any of those sites /apps I would think LE would probably already know who has them and not be relying on the public for that information.

JMO
Yes, that is a possibility also. My LetGo account is used by my two kids, so anyone reaching out thinks they're talking to me. If my kid decides they want something, they'll inform the other person, I'm Mom's Kid, and I'll be picking up the item. (I get email notifications of conversations - it's a safety thing.) My point being, the account could be registered under a parent, wife, college student, but someone else, Dad, husband or a friend came to pick it up.

This guy couldn't physically remove the bedding from the home because he didn't have a vehicle to haul it. I bet the doorbell camera captured the person who came to pick up the mattress and the person who came to pick up the boxspring. If it was two separate people.

The electronic trail should tell them who picked the items up. On LetGo and other apps it verifies the person from email or Facebook or something. Then once the transaction occurs you rate the other person, honest, timely, product as described, etc. On Craigslist, they use a blind email system but that can be easily tracked also.

MOO if pick up was curbside "come and get it" the ISPs of all viewers of the ad have to be gone through. If the mattress recipient called or emailed about picking up, that will be there in the call logs or email.

The box spring and mattress were listed separately on two different classified sites. From what I could ascertain, you had to contact the owner directly to get the address for the items. On Letgo and FB marketplace you have to message and the area map is just a vague one based on zip code.

What we don't know is whether he managed to gift both items to a single individual (whomever answered one advert first) or two.

If LE have a warrant for Facebook, they should be able to get access to anyone’s profile who contacted him about the free box spring listing on Marketplace. Facebook Marketplace messaging is all done through the messenger app.

Really hope people slow down and calm down.

Nothing confirmed at all. So far just a AIRbnb owner who burned some trash.

In my state, burning trash is commonplace. A recent immigrant may not know the local ordinances.
Well, he is a POI so I think that's pretty significant. LE has stated anyone living in the house is under investigation. He was living in the house.
I don't think he is a recent immigrant. He may have lived here for several years.
The bonfire may be important to the case or not, but there would seem that LE has found a great deal of evidence in that house that would point to the homeowner. Imo

So the only new thing since late last night is they're saying he gave away a boxspring as well as the mattress and we can now talk about them since LE mentioned it?

Can't imagine getting a free used mattress and then finding out a crime occurred.

Where's Kenzie?

I've never stayed at an Airport Bn B, but I've stayed at various ones on vacation. I imagine the difference is that people stay there as they are just passing through for a day, or maybe longer if they are visiting the area.
However I've never seen one that looked anything like that.
I would imagine the owner is less interested in being a host and providing a pleasant stay for people than just doing it for some extra money. Imo

Some of my kids’ college friends used the low-cost type when going to interviews for internships and jobs all across the country because of the cost of hotels.

Well, even though POI is “free” at the moment, I’m very glad LE seemed to have taken his Kia yesterday. Definitely should make it more difficult for him to try and run. I also don’t doubt that they have eyes on him 24/7.

Waiting for that ever important straw or cigarette butt to be dropped ;)

Really hope people slow down and calm down.

Nothing confirmed at all. So far just a AIRbnb owner who burned some trash.

Obviously, that's not all . A trash burning would not warrant an almost 24-hour search of your home, including forensics, digging, bagging, medical examiners, and towing your car. If so, we'd all be in big trouble...

A friend of the family offers a room in her house for AirBnB stays. I helped her set it up on the site. The owner sets up times on the calendar that the place is "available" or "unavailable". The latter does not necessarily mean booked by a customer. In fact you can choose any combination or blocks of dates to be not available for rent (for whatever reason, you don't have to disclose). So that wording by the news stations is misleading if you ask me. This was a while ago, though, so maybe I am misremembering?
Yes that's what I meant. Some air bnb's are only available when the owners are out of town. They'll close off booking for the times they want the place unavailable so it doesn't come up when a person is searching those dates. It helps the owner not have to respond to requests when the room is unavailable.

Thanks everybody for posting the presser for us and for all the updates. It will take a
little time to get back some results on the testing. I imagine the POI is being closely watched and that he won't remain 'free' for long. Excellent work by LE. My heart is with them. This is a rough one. Moo

An Air bnb owner who was also named a POI in this case, and whose backyard has been dug up, and who got rid of items the police are requesting to be turned over...
And yet... he is walking the streets of Salt Lake City.
Calm yourself .
People did this last summer, with the Tibbetts case.
Thousands of posts about The Pig Farmer. Turned out all guesses were wrong.

May I ask? why would a possibly Nigerian name lead you to the theory of kidnapping by a group?
I think he is from Somalia but I don't think it has anything to do with the investigation.
A reporter brought it up at the PC, probably in relation for his potential to leave the country or something. Imo

I posted this a few pages back.

The POI's Airbnb listing has been removed from their site. Airbnb is generally very good about pulling listings when needed. Any of his guests arriving at this time will be accommodated elsewhere. It happened to my husband once when the place in SF he had rented was closed by the city. Airbnb set him up with another listing straight away and gave him a credit. I had the same experience when my booking was cancelled in Paris. I received a credit for my trouble and found another apartment without issue. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea