Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say in my 20s (I'm only 30 but still, I'm a few years removed from this) I made many wonderful memories out in the wee hours of the morning while I lived in NYC. But things can go south at any time, KL may well have thought making a fun memory or having a new experience and a story to tell is what she was doing, too.

RBBM It's so wonderful to read that this still happens!

I didn't have free time earlier to get into specifics, so here goes.

Note: I am a Salt Lake City local that works in Information Security. I've requested a verification path from a mod.

It seems there's questions about digital footprints and tracking. Needless to say, there's a wealth of information to be collected on the internet, even when someone thinks they're being sneaky about who they are. Generally, that info isn't available through just google searches, unless you know how to search and tie details together.

What I will focus on here is information that would be collected by law enforcement in a case like this.

When considering how a website or application is logged into, it's generally username and password. At least on the surface. Many companies are now implementing something called passive authentication. This is essentially a process that happens without the user even being aware. For example, logging into your bank. Have you ever received the "We don't recognize this device" message? That is passive authentication. Your bank website knows what devices you've previously used and when it doesn't recognize the device attempting to log into your account, it sends you into a secondary verification path - like sending you a text or an email to confirm it is you. Passive authentication is a protection against fraudulent activity. However...

It also collects a significant amount of data. IP address, browser type, reputation score of the IP - there's so much information and it all happens in seconds. Login attempts are tracked and stored, even if only for a period of time, and will collect the information I mentioned above. As it pertains to SM accounts - users of those platforms ARE the product, and they have very robust analytics programs. That is, they have data upon data upon data and can help LE visualize the big picture of ML's activity as well as the POI.

I have no knowledge of the warrants in this case, but I expect they involved getting all account login data for ML's accounts for the past 30 days. That way, they will know which IP addresses/devices she used to login to her accounts, and review for any activity after the 17th. This doesn't even have to be done manually - often, companies have software that performs data aggregation and may be able to provide an analytics report plus the raw data to LE.

Thank you so much! Very helpful.

my-resume

Here is a link to AA's full resume. Link was on his linkedin page. It gives a little bit more information to the depth of his IT skills and work history. According to the resume he worked for the US Army for 2 years, so maybe he was not discharged.

edit: Also claims he went to a university in London
Pretty sure even the shortest enlistment is for more than 2 years.

I have been looking at that pic all day trying to figure that out and find a link to USU football. (The background does look like Logan) if you figure it out let me know!
I agree that it looked like Logan but the uniform is baffling, it doesn't look like anything I've seen the team wear and we just don't have any other teams. Unless he went to another school in the Salt Lake area at some point, however briefly, or played with the army rotc or something like that

Did anyone notice anything identifying about the football uniform in the POI's fb profile pic? It's not a Utah State University uniform (I've been going to those football games for my entire life) but doesn't really look like Army either... maybe an AFL or rec team of some kind? "modeling" pic?
Is it the same uniform that is in the video from 2017? I just jumped on, so I’m trying to catch up. But I saw that video earlier today where he was listed as ‘cast’ or something like that.

Man. I do have empathy, sympathy and compassion but I'm slowly getting desensitized by these cases and stories. Can anybody give me one positive that comes out from being out in the early morning hours anywhere in America?

Knowledge of planets and constellations. You get to see owls, and bats. Hear coyotes.

I didn't have free time earlier to get into specifics, so here goes.

Note: I am a Salt Lake City local that works in Information Security. I've requested a verification path from a mod.

It seems there's questions about digital footprints and tracking. Needless to say, there's a wealth of information to be collected on the internet, even when someone thinks they're being sneaky about who they are. Generally, that info isn't available through just google searches, unless you know how to search and tie details together.

What I will focus on here is information that would be collected by law enforcement in a case like this.

When considering how a website or application is logged into, it's generally username and password. At least on the surface. Many companies are now implementing something called passive authentication. This is essentially a process that happens without the user even being aware. For example, logging into your bank. Have you ever received the "We don't recognize this device" message? That is passive authentication. Your bank website knows what devices you've previously used and when it doesn't recognize the device attempting to log into your account, it sends you into a secondary verification path - like sending you a text or an email to confirm it is you. Passive authentication is a protection against fraudulent activity. However...

It also collects a significant amount of data. IP address, browser type, reputation score of the IP - there's so much information and it all happens in seconds. Login attempts are tracked and stored, even if only for a period of time, and will collect the information I mentioned above. As it pertains to SM accounts - users of those platforms ARE the product, and they have very robust analytics programs. That is, they have data upon data upon data and can help LE visualize the big picture of ML's activity as well as the POI.

I have no knowledge of the warrants in this case, but I expect they involved getting all account login data for ML's accounts for the past 30 days. That way, they will know which IP addresses/devices she used to login to her accounts, and review for any activity after the 17th. This doesn't even have to be done manually - often, companies have software that performs data aggregation and may be able to provide an analytics report plus the raw data to LE.
My son is a programmer used to work for a software security company. It’s amazing how easy it is to find out someone’s online activity footprint including SM.

Is it the same uniform that is in the video from 2017? I just jumped on, so I’m trying to catch up. But I saw that video earlier today where he was listed as ‘cast’ or something like that.
good insight, I hadn't noticed that. Will check it out again.

I am taking his Linked In and professional accomplishments with a grain of salt. Just because someone says they have worked somewhere or done something, that doesn't mean any of it is true. Will be interesting to see if the Army or Goldman Sachs or any of these other places can confirm his bio.
Yep! IMHO this guy is full of BS. ( as nicely as i can think to put it)

Because police have said that account is what directly led to their descending on the POI's house.
I don’t think they definitively said it was the following of that account. He was first asked if the SM activity is what lead them to that house, and he replied “Absolutely - all of the things you are seeing, we are seeing.” But when asked specifically if that “Like” is what lead them to the POI’s house, he said they were not confirming anything, it was basically a result of “good detective work” and a digital footprint. Regardless of his “absolutely” response, I don’t believe that account lead them to the POI’s house. I agree with several others who have explained what likely happened - it was a private account that became public yesterday, thereby allowing any pending follow requests to become public also. JMO

Last edited:
Did anyone notice anything identifying about the football uniform in the POI's fb profile pic? It's not a Utah State University uniform (I've been going to those football games for my entire life) but doesn't really look like Army either... maybe an AFL or rec team of some kind? "modeling" pic?

Is West Point a different uniform? All I recall is a promotional video that ends with "beat Navy." MOO

Last edited:
I don’t think they definitively said it was the following of that account. He was first asked if the SM activity is what lead them to that house, and he replied “Absolutely - all of the things you are seeing, we are seeing.” But when asked specifically if that “Like” is what lead them to the POI’s house, he said said they were not confirming anything, it was basically a result of “good detective work” and a digital footprint. Regardless of his “absolutely” response, I don’t believe that account lead them to the POI’s house. I agree with several others who have explained what likely happened - it was a private account that became public yesterday, thereby allowing any pending follow requests to become public also. JMO
I'm just going to take him at his word. Something happened when that account connected with her Instagram. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname