Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if I'm slow on catching up, but nobody is interested in the man who had been staying in the AirBnB unit since last Friday who came back to a police presence and was allowed to leave?

Not even a little bit.

Everything points to it being the homeowner.

They found a connection (likely a digital one), that led them to his door.

Kenzie had to have communicated with him.

I think that she might have been emotional after the funeral. Being overwhelmed with grief will put a young girl in a vulnerable position, he may have been a"shoulder to cry on" or maybe he provided her some comfort or she felt that he was "being there for her" in that difficult time. Sometimes when people are dealing with a death in the family they let their guard down and do things they wouldn't normally do (as in meeting a stranger in the middle of the night)

Without question, she let her guard down. She met a man at a park in the middle of the night. They lived near each other, yet they met away from both of their homes.

She made a mistake.

Thing is, she might have made the arrangement before she went to the funeral. That is, some dating apps have a range of how many miles, and she seems to have had this arrangement before she went to the funeral ... or is there some evidence that she was texting to confirm this rendezvous after she landed at 1AM?

What are the chances that she would have met with him if he had given her his address?

upload_2019-6-27_22-49-28.png

MassGuy pointed out earlier that DNA is necessary for some charges in Utah so I believe they are just waiting for the lab test results. It would also explain call for the mattress and box springs, perhaps as backup if they don't find her DNA inside the house. Personally, I believe they will.

I wonder where he spent the day because a reporter stated that he had not returned to the house.
If they were only waiting on DNA though, couldn't they hold him on suspicion for x-amount of time while they wait for it?

That's interesting! Thank you! Did she elaborate on what seemed creepy about the basement or was it nothing specific, just the general vibe?

One thing to add: she specifically said that all 3 cameras in his bedroom were aimed at his bed.

IMO, that tells me he likes to film himself in sexual encounters or watch others.

I feel like LE has no conclusive evidence linking POI unless they knew he picked up or met KL at the park. If he gets a lawyer, this case will hit a dead end.

What was surprising from the beginning is why they publicized that this search was linked to KL. Very very uncharacteristic of LE. They would usually be quiet unless everything is investigated.
According to this report, AC Doubt says there is a direct connection between ML and the people who live in the house. At about the 1 minute mark.

Apologies if I'm slow on catching up, but nobody is interested in the man who had been staying in the AirBnB unit since last Friday who came back to a police presence and was allowed to leave?
This article contradicts one I read earlier today that stated a man showed up last night saying he had reserved the room for the night, giving the impression that he had just arrived. But this reporter has been on the case pretty much nonstop and it's Fox13 so I have no reason to believe it's not fact.

That said, his arrival would be the night after ML went missing. This could be why the word "they" was used repeatedly last night.

Edited to add - his arrival would be five days after ML went missing. My apologies.

Last edited:
One thing to add: she specifically said that all 3 cameras in his bedroom were aimed at his bed.

Yikes.

Having read this, does anyone know how well AirBnBs are regulated? Any laws in place to protect those staying there?

Just curious.

ETA: If he had taped people without their consent, I'm wondering about lawsuits . . .

I have been looking at that pic all day trying to figure that out and find a link to USU football. (The background does look like Logan) if you figure it out let me know!
Maybe he was just "modeling" the football uniforms for USU.... *dripping with sarcasm*:rolleyes::mad: I think much of his professional accomplishments are much more of embellishments and wishful thinking than they are accurate.

If they were only waiting on DNA though, couldn't they hold him on suspicion for x-amount of time while they wait for it?
Maybe 24 hours but that period likely started the minute they took him in for questioning. I don't know what the laws are in Utah regarding how long someone can be held pending charges.

They took so much to test, it's likely to take awhile - longer than they could hold him without charging him.

Thoughts on the sudden Instagram "like"...

At the press conference, the Chief mentioned they'd been working the case, specifically with warrants, since Thursday. Placing myself in their shoes - and this is just my own person opinion - I would have written a warrant for her SM. I have no doubt that any SM has some sort of security set up that would allow alerting on her accounts as the result of a warrant.

In that case, her accounts would be flagged and any new activity on them would instantly escalate for investigation. Not people checking the IG, but actions taken as the actor (the logged in account). Assuming the POI was the actor in this case, there would no doubt be a log of that action, including the IP it came from.

Based off the warrant that was served, I don't think it is possible that this one post did it alone. IMO, I suspect that the phone had been turned on and connected to a Wi-Fi connection, but not her service, and had taken other actions on other accounts. Once the warrants were served, the companies turned over history which would show login attempts, even prior to her missing date.

What this tells us is that this guy was not tech-savvy enough to obscure his location and identity with a VPN (a type of network connection that masks your location/identity) which lead law enforcement right to him. This is not the work of a criminal mastermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member