Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only reason to cut a deal is for closure for the family. If they can find her body and return her for burial and the difference is life without parole and the DP, it seems like a good deal for the family and the people of Utah. JMHO.

I get that. But prosecutors are publicly elected. If he has agreed to plead guilty (which I do not believe he will do or his lawyer will tell him to do) to lesser charges, then the stack of evidence against him must be huge or he has completely confessed.

Someone from Utah may be able to comment on just how low those charges can go, if the defendant does a bargain and waives trial. I think he will have to be tried for a serious crime to get a proper sentence...

I took pictures at FR044 right across from Third Dam and it could be the area another sleuther recalls seeing cops in Logan Canyon on Wednesday. There was a mention of diving equipment and there is definitely water at FR044 and no water next to 348. (Except for across 89)

Beautiful place. That mountain. The water. Peacefulness shattered by death.
Maybe I understand why the woman said desecrated her canyon. Probably did not realize ML was desecrated, as well.

I get that. But prosecutors are publicly elected. If he has agreed to plead guilty (which I do not believe he will do or his lawyer will tell him to do) to lesser charges, then the stack of evidence against him must be huge or he has completely confessed.

Someone from Utah may be able to comment on just how low those charges can go, if the defendant does a bargain and waives trial. I think he will have to be tried for a serious crime to get a proper sentence...

I absolutely believe that his attorney will advise a plea deal, especially if the death penalty is on the table.

It’s about saving his life at this point, as his guilt is not in question.

Any plea will be for life in jail, without the chance of parole.

Regarding the picture of her at the airport, it looks like her face is puffy
and or swollen. It really doesn't look like her. Any comments?

I never believed the airport photos were her. Renee Zellweger, maybe, but the airport person looks to be in her late 30’s. Unless ML had gained a lot of weight recently, I don’t think it was her. All MOO.

Body of missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck is found

The body of slain University of Utah student and Southern California native Mackenzie Lueck has been found, authorities said Friday.

Lueck's remains were discovered Wednesday in Logan Canyon, in Logan, Utah, nearly 90 miles north of Salt Lake City, where the 23-year-old student was last seen on June 17, the Salt Lake City police chief, Mike Brown, told reporters.

Brown said he personally called Lueck's parents on Friday to update them on the discovery.
I was away all day. I am absolutely crushed... and I don't know why. It's almost worse thinking of her all alone out there. Gah. This is horrible (albeit important) news. :(

Moo

“Peck recalled a case where the body of another woman was found in the canyon several years ago.

“I believe it was a fisherman, or another type of sportsman, who came across the remains and notified us,” he said.”

I wonder who that other woman was, and when...was it a homicide? Solved?
We think alike!

What woman? What date? What happened?

jmo

I got the link here, so I assume it's okay to post:

https://www.coursehero.com/file/18686382/Assignment-3-Ayoola-Ajayi/#/related

Thing is, I had to send them academic credentials to be able to see it. The site is designed for students to upload papers they think will help other students in a particular course; and for profs to upload papers they think are good examples. I think.

You can see the first page though, for free. It doesn't get any better. He never once talks about Mirror Lake in Utah. He does write about Flint, MI and its water issues (in a very superficial way, as if he was listening to the news story and just stuck it in there).
I know English is probably his second language but ouch. I can’t even follow what that actual topic was lol.

I never believed the airport photos were her. Renee Zellweger, maybe, but the airport person looks to be in her late 30’s. Unless ML had gained a lot of weight recently, I don’t think it was her. All MOO.

There is no question it is her. This is not in dispute.

They know when she got off the plane, and they tracked her movements through that airport.

If it wasn’t her, family and friends would be screaming about it.

I think the only reason to cut a deal is for closure for the family. If they can find her body and return her for burial and the difference is life without parole and the DP, it seems like a good deal for the family and the people of Utah. JMHO.

I can’t speak for ML’s family but I personally would rather him get LWOP because appeals for that are typically paid for by the inmate/family/supporters not the state, IIRC, so at least they won’t have to go through the countless appeals a DP sentence brings. I support anything they want though!

I took pictures at FR044 right across from Third Dam and it could be the area another sleuther recalls seeing cops in Logan Canyon on Wednesday. There was a mention of diving equipment and there is definitely water at FR044 and no water next to 348. (Except for across 89)
Thank you for doing this!

It’s so pretty out there.

Man, I hate that this happened to her. I’m so glad they’ve got her though.

When I saw that picture,
“Peck recalled a case where the body of another woman was found in the canyon several years ago.

“I believe it was a fisherman, or another type of sportsman, who came across the remains and notified us,” he said.”:

I wonder who that was, and when...was it a homicide? Solved?

A female in 2008, male in 2018. This was not an exhaustive search, also don't know what the outcomes of these discoveries were:

Woman's body found in Logan Canyon

Search and rescue crews recover body found by hiker in Cache County

It has to be her. If they were unsure I would think facial recognition would verify her identity.
To me it just looks like it's poor quality. She was probably tired and not wearing any makeup.

There is no question it is her. This is not in dispute.

They know when she got off the plane, and they tracked her movements through that airport.

If it wasn’t her, family and friends would be screaming about it.
Right. I assume the family who dropped her off at the airport in CA would know exactly what she was wearing when she boarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519