OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all 6 of the accused have been given an admonishment as to no contact orders haven't they? JMO.

Have a good night e1, off for the night. :eek:

Yes all of the 6, but wait, Fred isn't a defendant anymore. Fred will be able to visit, e-mail, send cards, letters, and books (direct from the publishing house.) Oh, and talk to them on the phone.

Only the gag order survived Fred's dismissal as we heard in court. There is no reason legally for Fred to be treated differently from, say, Robin. She or one of her family members would have to break jail rules in order for her to be cut off from contacting them.

The Judge never said that the "no contact order" would still be in effect, just the gag order.

Question:
Can Fred and Owen talk about Fred's case in public? Can Fred say anything about her family's cases? (the Wagner 4). In other words, are Fred and her attorneys also under the gag order?

Last edited:
ANGELA WAGNER PRETRIAL HEARING

Published on Jul 3, 2019

Angela looks like she has a bruise on her neck and a scratch on her cheek. :confused: Her hair is messy and unwashed, unlike before when her hair looked well kept. One sign of depression is to stop taking care of yourself. :cool:

Of course most anyone would be depressed in jail but she looks more depressed than she did at the March hearing. Only my guess. And it's just my guess that she is coming to grips with all this Discovery Evidence and it's depressing for her. 4 more Terabytes!

What will she tell her attorneys about going all over central Ohio to all those different Walmarts? Didn't she realize what she was doing? It would have been better to have stuck to one Walmart. Better to not go to Walmart and use a disguise and pay in cash. They didn't think about the "before" did they? Only the crime scenes and getting rid of their things and the Rhoden's things after the crime.

Why didn't they wait longer, a year or more, before causing carnage? What was it about April 2016? To me it's obvious that HR was a main target because they waited for her to have her baby, then struck only 4 days later...:mad:

Last edited:
I remember when we were wondering if the tattoo in evidence might have been GW4s.
Just George Wagner was mentioned, not which one.

Now in the evidence it does say that it is GW3's tattoo. It says tattoo Billy.

https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/5zbix3y0ow6tp04l/images/7-f66b74f151.jpg

I always felt from day one that the tattoo in evidence is the scorpion tattoo. It's my opinion from a photo, that the scorpion tattoo was done after the murders. It does have 8 segments and either the other Wagner's got a "kick" out of it or they were all mortified.
That tattoo convinces me that Billy was sure they got away with it.

When arrested he did not ask "what am I being arrested for" like an innocent person would demand to know.

Billy: "what's going on?"

LE: "Your being arrested that's what's going on!"

Billy: Silent. Does not demand to know what he is being arrested for because he knows already.

Me: "Wait! What? I didn't do anything! What are you arresting me for? I have a right to know, I didn't do anything! What did I do?"

All opinions only.....

JMOO, and I agree, my response would be the same as yours if I was arrested. However, we know for a fact that LE had been following them everywhere relentlessly, searching in all their property, etc for well over 18 mos. So I tend to believe that he already figured sooner or later, right or wrong, they were coming to get him. He may have come to terms with it and decided he couldn’t fight any more. If he was truly innocent (or felt he was) he would have protested long before his day of arrest. He could have claimed unfair harassment when they kept following him.

Yes all of the 6, but wait, Fred isn't a defendant anymore. Fred will be able to visit, e-mail, send cards, letters, and books (direct from the publishing house.) Oh, and talk to them on the phone.

Only the gag order survived Fred's dismissal as we heard in court. There is no reason legally for Fred to be treated differently from, say, Robin. She or one of her family members would have to break jail rules in order for her to be cut off from contacting them.

The Judge never said that the "no contact order" would still be in effect, just the gag order.

Question:
Can Fred and Owen talk about Fred's case in public? Can Fred say anything about her family's cases? (the Wagner 4). In other words, are Fred and her attorneys also under the gag order?

IANAL, but assume since her charges have been dropped she may talk about the cases. Hopefully her silence so far means she doesn't want to jeopardize the outcome. Hard to say, though.

IANAL, but assume since her charges have been dropped she may talk about the cases. Hopefully her silence so far means she doesn't want to jeopardize the outcome. Hard to say, though.
IMO, Robin does what mother says, so now that mothers charges were dropped for the time being mother doesn’t need RW monitoring Angela’s pre-trials now, could it be that FW thinks her clan is guilty, but it is something to think about that nobody but her brother showed up for AW pre-trial 7-3-2019, 4 days after FWs trial,JMO JMO

JMOO, and I agree, my response would be the same as yours if I was arrested. However, we know for a fact that LE had been following them everywhere relentlessly, searching in all their property, etc for well over 18 mos. So I tend to believe that he already figured sooner or later, right or wrong, they were coming to get him. He may have come to terms with it and decided he couldn’t fight any more. If he was truly innocent (or felt he was) he would have protested long before his day of arrest. He could have claimed unfair harassment when they kept following him.
BBM
Actually the Wagners, through their attorney, did claim they were being harassed:
Family investigated in 8 killings say they're being harassed

The family's attorney, John Kearson Clark, told the Cincinnati Enquirer:

"The authorities (using the media) want the public to believe that the Wagners are responsible and have absconded," Clark told the newspaper.
If that were true, why would the Wagners have come forward on their own and agreed to give whatever limited information they had?"

Clark said the family is being "harassed while the real killer or killers are out there."

Clark:
"It's the questions you would expect over and over and over: 'Where were you? What do you know?'" the lawyer said based on his conversations with the family. "Having (Jake) look at these
pictures, some of them are horrific..."

Last edited:
Wait say what?! Her charges were dropped?! Omg? WTH?! Been off this thread for a bit focused on another thread and apparently I missed something huge. Will go back and catch up as soon as I get over the shock.

Wait say what?! Her charges were dropped?! Omg? WTH?! Been off this thread for a bit focused on another thread and apparently I missed something huge. Will go back and catch up as soon as I get over the shock.

Quick summary: Her charges were dropped without prejudice w/ agreement of prosecution. So they can bring charges against her again at a later date. FW defense attorneys were filing motions asking to see prosecution evidence that they knew would publicly reveal some of the evidence against the Wagners who did the murdering. It was a ploy to make them back off FW's case. Prosecution didn't want to reveal any evidence publicly that they plan to use against the W4 until their trials. Hope that makes sense.

Quick summary: Her charges were dropped without prejudice w/ agreement of prosecution. So they can bring charges against her again at a later date. FW defense attorneys were filing motions asking to see prosecution evidence that they knew would publicly reveal some of the evidence against the Wagners who did the murdering. It was a ploy to make them back off FW's case. Prosecution didn't want to reveal any evidence publicly that they plan to use against the W4 until their trials. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks you Betty! I feel like we’re in the middle of a making of a movie. God forbid I hit pause for a day or 2...

Do you know that as fact or just your opinion? Her attorney said it was dropped because there is no evidence.

Please show the link.

Please show the link.

Here is the link

Charges dismissed against Fredericka Wagner in Pike County massacre case

"In documents filed Wednesday, Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk said that Owen is seeking search warrant affidavits involving the search of Wagner’s home in 2017. Junk said releasing that “information at this time would compromise’’ prosecutors’ cases against Wagner family."

Edit Addition:

But Canepa stressed that the state is still investigating the case and it could decide to refile the charges , based on that probe. She said the state’s cyber crimes and criminal intelligence units need additional time.

Last edited:
Do you know that as fact or just your opinion? Her attorney said it was dropped because there is no evidence.

For now, let's just say JMO. Her attorney can't talk about the case in any detail due to the gag order. They also mentioned the speedy trial deadline, which was looming. Continuing to deal with defense motions for more evidence was going to run out the clock for that deadline.
Prosecutors drop charges against Wagner matriarch, may refile

“As this court knows, obviously the speedy trial time is ticking in this case and rather than permit this case to remain pending while we are doing the investigation, the state is requesting this be dismissed without prejudice so that the state has the opportunity to refile if that is deemed to be warranted in the future,” Canepa said.

I'll also refer you to news articles that came out after the charges were dropped without prejudice. The judge and prosecutor wouldn't have agreed to that provision if they didn't think there was evidence to bring charges. This article in the Portsmouth Daily Times gives a pretty good, but lengthy analysis:

Charges dropped against Fredericka Wagner, at least for now - Portsmouth Daily Times

Expert: Dropped charges likely aren't the end for Pike County matriarch

Here is the link

Charges dismissed against Fredericka Wagner in Pike County massacre case

"In documents filed Wednesday, Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk said that Owen is seeking search warrant affidavits involving the search of Wagner’s home in 2017. Junk said releasing that “information at this time would compromise’’ prosecutors’ cases against Wagner family."

Thanks Cool Cats! For further reference, Johnny B and Sleuthinsluester, you can go back to review the discussion in this thread on the day the charges were dropped and the day following. It was noted that RN's attorneys also recently requested search warrant affidavits, presumably for the same reason: to force the prosecution to prematurely reveal information that could compromise their case against the W4. To view that information, go to the web site for the Pike County Common Pleas Clerk of Courts. JMO

:D
Thanks Cool Cats! For further reference, Johnny B and Sleuthinsluester, you can go back to review the discussion in this thread on the day the charges were dropped and the day following. It was noted that RN's attorneys also recently requested search warrant affidavits, presumably for the same reason: to force the prosecution to prematurely reveal information that could compromise their case against the W4. To view that information, go to the web site for the Pike County Common Pleas Clerk of Courts.

:cool: Very good summary of Fred's dismissal and helpful links thankx Betty! ;)

IMO Fred is too busy these days with her own problems. I think whatever she saw in that discovery changed her mind some on the W4's innocence. But since she hasn't said anything we cannot know for sure. But to me Fred's silence and the fact that RW didn't show at Angie's hearing and Fred didn't either speaks volumes.

Let's see if they show for Jake's or George's.
JMO

Angela looks like she has a bruise on her neck and a scratch on her cheek. :confused: Her hair is messy and unwashed, unlike before when her hair looked well kept. One sign of depression is to stop taking care of yourself. :cool:

Of course most anyone would be depressed in jail but she looks more depressed than she did at the March hearing. Only my guess. And it's just my guess that she is coming to grips with all this Discovery Evidence and it's depressing for her. 4 more Terabytes!

What will she tell her attorneys about going all over central Ohio to all those different Walmarts? Didn't she realize what she was doing? It would have been better to have stuck to one Walmart. Better to not go to Walmart and use a disguise and pay in cash. They didn't think about the "before" did they? Only the crime scenes and getting rid of their things and the Rhoden's things after the crime.

Why didn't they wait longer, a year or more, before causing carnage? What was it about April 2016? To me it's obvious that HR was a main target because they waited for her to have her baby, then struck only 4 days later...:mad:

I haven't looked real hard to find the bruise and scratch, but the first thing I noticed about this appearance was her unwashed hair and attempt at a ponytail. Did you also notice how her attorney hides her hands with his accordion file folder? Watch again, you'll see. Broken wrist or hand...??? JMO Perfect reasons for not being able to wash hair or put in a ponytail. JMO

IMO Fred is too busy these days with her own problems. I think whatever she saw in that discovery changed her mind some on the W4's innocence. But since she hasn't said anything we cannot know for sure. But to me Fred's silence and the fact that RW didn't show at Angie's hearing and Fred didn't either speaks volumes.

Let's see if they show for Jake's or George's.
JMO

IMO, FW will not miss one single court date for the other three Wagners. I think she is guilty from the beginning of all of it. Again, JMO based on all the information and actions that have come out since their arrests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thelittlebunny